The vegetable garden of the lazy Breton

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: The lazy vegetable garden

by Carl » 09/03/18, 19:32

I'm dying to plant my first peas this weekend!

A question torments me therefore: knowing that I spread my hay, it is not even three weeks ago on a well-grassed meadow that I had just mowed, what is the preferred method?

A. I spread my hay online (no tool to open yet), I scrape a little and then I sow directly on the remaining grass ... and leave the furrow open or close a little?

B. I spread my hay in line, I eliminate the grass there before sowing and I leave the furrow open

C. I prefer sowing in pots with 5-6 seeds per pot, I wait for them to measure 10cm before putting them in place, then covering hay around

Thank you in advance for your wise advice!
0 x
Adept of laziness and sensitive to the quality of what my family consumes, I wish to make a vegetable garden of the lazy!
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Carl » 09/03/18, 21:43

By chance, as you read the forum, I think I found the answer here: Agriculture / how-ask-the-hay-t15064.html # p314681

So I would say "C"

One last question: how many seeds per "standard" pots (the black squares, a little strill)
0 x
Adept of laziness and sensitive to the quality of what my family consumes, I wish to make a vegetable garden of the lazy!
Did67

by Did67 » 10/03/18, 09:50

1) Yes. This is what I would have told you: you prepare pots and you delicately put the pot down, having just "opened" the hay, without exposing what remains of the meadow; As soon as you reach the damp packed hay of the lower layer, you stop and you let your plant take root ...

2) I will not put more than two seeds, which will give, at 90%, 2 plants. You spread the buckets to 20 cm (less holes to make) ...
1 x
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Carl » 16/03/18, 19:49

Small question: in this type of mini greenhouse (I put the black pot that everyone knows, to have a size mark), can we do any type of semi? or only certain types, with roots that are not too large?

Thanks in advance !

IMG_5670.JPG
IMG_5670.JPG (476.27 KB) Viewed times 3429
0 x
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Carl » 18/03/18, 14:03

Any type of semi or some species?
0 x
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by denis17 » 18/03/18, 17:20

Personally, I would say more for leafy vegetables, but I think it may be necessary to perform a second transplanting of this mini clod in a larger pot before transplanting to the garden. But it's just an opinion, I use larger pots and I have never tried.
Denis
1 x