The garden of lazy brothers!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Und3r
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: The garden of lazy brothers!

by Und3r » 04/05/18, 19:00

Hello everyone !

Today discovered under the hay, mushrooms, two different kinds of small yellow and large white? it's normal ?

By cons garlic is the slaughter, those who came out yellowed and for the moment do not look good, some garlic disappeared and in the hole I found some sort of small white and purple slug ???

A little disappointed for the garlic, maybe we planted it badly I don't know :?

I had a surplus of potatoes that I gave to my neighbor in the garden, she gave us 24 strawberry plants, we will see what happens,

I wait until the holy ice passes to put all the seedlings in the ground finally, especially the tomatoes which pull the stump, they have the leaves which rolls upwards, however I watered it 1 to 2 times per day.

Good evening to all :)
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 04/05/18, 19:32

Thin garlic is curious

When did you sow the seeds?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/05/18, 19:51

At home too, the autumn garlic plantations are very very disappointing, with missing ones, with feet that turn yellow after emerging ...

Spring garlic is beautiful: 100% [as usual]!

So I believe that the technique is not very favorable to autumn garlic, which should not like this excess humidity!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/05/18, 19:53

Und3r wrote:Hello everyone !

Today discovered under the hay, mushrooms, two different kinds of small yellow and large white? it's normal ?

Yes, completely normal. Nutritious organic matter, rising temperatures, humidity, no fungicide (copper, etc.) and fungi grow!

I have the same.

Good sign !
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 04/05/18, 20:23

Hello,
I think that the autumn garlic can be satisfied with the remaining hay, even if it means recharging the aisles if necessary. There seem to me to be allopathic effects decreasing the need for the weed killer function of hay. That's what I did this year and it's off to a good start. This could give in a 2-year rotation, crop on hay / crop on rest / natural grass cover green manure, and destruction by hay just before planting in spring. This saves hay and “revitalizes” the soil, or even takes advantage of “natural” previous sowing, such as lamb's lettuce, salads, etc.
We see a recent photo on the wire of a lazy vegetable garden a we from time to time.
Olivier.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/05/18, 21:48

I am also thinking of this "tactic", if I keep trying the fall garlic ...
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 04/05/18, 22:14

Und3r wrote:Hello everyone !

Today discovered under the hay, mushrooms, two different kinds of small yellow and large white?

the big whites seem to me to be mousserons (tricholomes of Saint Georges) ... I picked them up (then ate) the other day too. They smell like flour ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 06/05/18, 02:25

Did67 wrote:At home too, the autumn garlic plantations are very very disappointing, with missing ones, with feet that turn yellow after emerging ...

Spring garlic is beautiful: 100% [as usual]!

So I believe that the technique is not very favorable to autumn garlic, which should not like this excess humidity!

So I did a check ...

I had sown them in mid November
agriculture / vegetable garden-the-super-lazy-in-the-04-800m-t15226-480.html

place 1 rather dry and well exposed

location 2 the tall grass, well exposed and sloping (a little to the right of the straw bales we see the grassy slope)

place 3, a priori the worst, under cold and wet hay throughout the winter

the photos are less in correspondence than those above because when I took it this afternoon I was watering and I did not want to cut the watering but it is 1m from the original photo.

Then I researched the variety I used: it's Sabadrome ...
I bought this one at the Good Seed because it was said that it was suitable for cold regions
https://www.labonnegraine.com/ail-aulx- ... drome.html

One last thing remains ..... and not the least ...

In the photos everything looks great but .... what about the finished product?
I don't know that for the moment
We will have to wait another 2 months to know if it is a success, if it is edible.
Or if it's just beautiful green leaves with a skinny and tasteless pod.
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 06/05/18, 09:31

Hello,

Autumn garlic has the advantage of garnishing the vegetable patch at a time when it is empty, it is rather pleasant in spring to have a part in cultivation, to distribute the work load, (In my case it is important) and plant the next crop a little earlier.

Olivier
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/05/18, 19:13

Interesting, these "cultures under living cover" (admittedly, not very fierce, your cover!) ...

Even if your results under straw are much less bad than mine, I think that the cultivation of autumn garlic is not at all adapted to this system. At home, I don't know what played the most: rot? damage of slugs on young shoots before they emerge? difficulty of the young shoots to find the way (I have seen some that are well tortured)? mole rats ???

Even the "living" has its exceptions - this is not reserved for the French administration!
0 x