The Future Meat factory for synthetic artificial meat has just opened!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Future Meat factory for synthetic artificial meat has just opened!

by Exnihiloest » 29/06/21, 22:52

Obamot wrote:: Cheesy:

Exnihiloest wrote:also nutritious and not harmful to health
Maybe we can go beyond the simplism of “si"... for such a subject ....
You should watch the movie “The Green Sun” again ...

Your references are dated. And this is fiction. I return to you the question of "going beyond simplicity". The simplicity today is always wanting to believe that any novelty is worse than what already exists, especially if it is more or less artificial. It is the psychological bias brought about by the fear of change and the unknown. With such naivety, no wonder Parmentier had trouble introducing the potato, and that was before the use of fear by the ecologists to condition people to think like them!

I remind you that all that we eat that is really good comes from the culinary art, from the chefs, who make the gastronomy. The transformation of natural products, so why not biological cells or even molecules, is what makes our species so rich. Art, the artificial, is our human essence. Nothing to do with raw apple carrot juice if I may say so.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 30/06/21, 03:51

It's not so much that you want to believe ”that any novelty is worse than what already exists ” that the fact that the questions become more complex as the research progresses, and this must be taken into account!

This is not my cup of tea but as an example, the current tendency of EBM to consider any cause of disease as genetic!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/06/21, 10:25

you talk about reducing the consumption of meat ok, we are going to eliminate the cows, and we will be able to occupy the land for something else, but what is this other thing, the forest, which will be crazy enough to plant trees of which it will profit from it in 40 years, without any income and that expenditure during all these years?
for someone who claims, precisely, that the problem is taken backwards, here is a good example.
The consumption of meat has increased when the incomes of individuals have also increased as shown by the figures of individual consumption for more than a century. [*] If for centuries populations have been able to live without these excesses, it is because this posed no problem for the life and survival of rural populations for their majority. So that does not eliminate the cows, it reduces them according to the use we want to make of the milk, as it has always been for centuries.
However, since Paris was not built in a day, the reduction in consumption of a product that is neither useful nor necessary will be done gradually, but probably without disappearing.

[*] as the WHO underlined, meat consumption has become, and remains, a sign of social accession, more than a food need, previously rare.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/07/21, 16:55

Some examples of "artificial" meats which already existed on the market ... in Belgium ... Miam miam miam Yabon !!! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Bifi, Panda, Fricadelle ... but we are saved since the smoke is "natural" !! : Mrgreen:

Bifi.jpg
Bifi.jpg (372.18 KiB) Viewed 2178 times

Fricadelle.jpg
Fricadelle.jpg (164.42 KiB) Viewed 2178 times

Panda.jpg
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/07/21, 13:50

It is certainly shit, but "natural" shit and not synthetic.
Example.
Bifi:
List of ingredients:
Pork, beef, iodized salt (salt, potassium iodate), dextrose, spices (pepper, coriander, garlic), antioxidant (sodium ascorbate), preservative (sodium nitrite), wood smoke

I did not find the composition for the others but the "sausage" Panda (Brand of Aldi) still contains 49% fat !!! : Shock:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/07/21, 15:04

Obviously :) I posted this humorously ...

If you find the exact recipe for fricadelle that interests me a lot!

ps: do not prevent synthetic meat, without fat (a priori?), may therefore be better for health !!
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/07/21, 15:33

Christophe wrote:Obviously :) I posted this humorously ...

If you find the exact recipe for fricadelle that interests me a lot! <<< See *

ps: do not prevent synthetic meat, without fat (a priori?), may therefore be better for health !!

Well not necessarily if it grows in a cocktail of anabolic products and other growth hormones whose devastating effects we know.

* Mora fricadelles:
List of ingredients
Mechanically separated chicken meat 46%, pork bacon 20%, water, breadcrumbs (wheat flour, water, yeast, salt), onion, salt, spices, dextrose, garlic, glucose syrup, emulsifiers: E450 and E452, flavoring natural, maltodextrin, antioxidants: ascorbic acid and citric acid, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, wheat, egg.
For further:
https://fr.openfoodfacts.org/cgi/search ... on=process
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/07/21, 15:53

This one I already knew! So not precise enough my friend!

Because behind "Mechanically separated meat" we put everything and anything ... anus, scrotum, visor, cartilage, offal ...
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/07/21, 16:14

Christophe wrote:This one I already knew! So not precise enough my friend!

Because behind "Mechanically separated meat" we put everything and anything ... anus, scrotum, visor, cartilage, offal ...

Ah but my dear friend, we must ask the legislator to impose the complete composition, not this "artistic vagueness" ... We bet that the manufacturers will not agree, I suppose, and then "the customers do not want to know ". : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
After, in my humble opinion, in the elaboration of this marvel, there must be what is called for animal croquettes a large number of "animal by-products". This "succulent dish" must be close enough to what we pass on to our critters! But are we not also animals?

https://www.dangersalimentaires.com/201 ... icadelles/
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/07/21, 18:24

Neither donkeys nor ailments : Cheesy:
0 x