Forests are pushing back in many countries

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Christophe

Forests are pushing back in many countries

by Christophe » 20/11/06, 16:35

"The majority of forest nations continue to lose trees, but the number of countries where forests are regrowing is increasing," reports the British science magazine New Scientist. According to a group of American researchers, in fact, and contrary to a commonly held idea, the forests of the world are not in decline, quite the contrary. "There is a trend towards improving drills all over the world, not only in terms of the space they cover but also in terms of quality," said expert Roger Sedjo.
Improving agricultural yields means that there is less need for land to feed people, which frees up space and allows forests to grow again. This phenomenon primarily affects the richest countries but also a certain number of developing countries which have learned to manage the natural resources of their forests well.
However, experts draw attention to the fact that a number of new drills are unnatural. "Planted by humans, they may not support the same level of biodiversity as ancient forests," explains the magazine.
The researchers, who used data from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), also find that the two countries that have suffered the most from the loss of forest space are the Indonesia and Brazil.

http://www.courrierinternational.com/ar ... j_id=68016
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 21/11/06, 10:22

I will attract your wrath:
I have an uncle who has the job of buying whole cargo from Brazil in cargo, and resells it to the Cuban state.
he explains to me that for almost thirty years, brazil has been replanting two trees for a coupe, so they didn't need to see jose bové at eu to do something.

we are here to stop the ideas received.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 21/11/06, 11:25

antoinet111 wrote:I will attract your wrath:
I have an uncle who has the job of buying whole cargo from Brazil in cargo, and resells it to the Cuban state.
he explains to me that for almost thirty years, brazil has been replanting two trees for a coupe, so they didn't need to see jose bové at eu to do something.
Well yeah... :|
As you say, Brazil is making planting instead of one of the last primary forests in the world ...
How can we be only a second to consider replace an ecosystem in balance for thousands of years by a culture, even if they are trees?
It is either a utopia for those who do not know, or a gross lie on the part of those who know ...

antoinet111 wrote:we are here to stop the ideas received.
Pfffff ... : roll: First you should know what we are talking about ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/11/06, 11:30

Woodcutter wrote:How can we be only a second to consider replace an ecosystem in balance for thousands of years by a culture, even if they are trees?
It is either a utopia for those who do not know, or a gross lie on the part of those who know ...

+1 ... but it's less worse than nothing ... : Cry:
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 21/11/06, 13:39

very sweet BUCHERON I just say the facts, now if you think I give them excuses, too bad for you, it is not because we do not cite all the negative points of a subject that we don't master it a minimum. : Evil:

:!: :!: Pfffff ... We should start by knowing what we are talking about ... :!: :!: : Lol:

ps: not bad the troll test.
0 x

Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 21/11/06, 13:59

antoinet111 wrote:very sweet BUCHERON I just say the facts,
So what ? Can't stand being upset?

antoinet111 wrote:Now if you think that I am giving them excuses, too bad for you, it is not because we do not cite all the negative points of a subject that we do not master it a minimum. : Evil:
Well ... the look of your post suggests, yes. If it is not the case, it will probably be necessary to review the way you build a pitch.

antoinet111 wrote: :!: :!: Pfffff ... We should start by knowing what we are talking about ... :!: :!: : Lol:
And? What is the comment, the idea?
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 21/11/06, 14:24

there is no comment, this discussion is sterile; and it's a shame that you mean that I don't know what I'm talking about when we don't know each other. have a very good day. and at random for a next meeting.
0 x

Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 21/11/06, 15:40

antoinet111 wrote:there is no comment, this discussion is sterile; and it's a shame that you mean that I don't know what I'm talking about when we don't know each other. have a very good day. and at random for a next meeting.
I do not know you which by what I can read (which is after all normal on a Forum...)

It turns out that when I read this:
antoinet111 wrote:I will attract your wrath: 2
he explains to me that for almost thirty years, brazil has been replanting two trees for a coupe, so they didn't need to see jose bové at eu to do something. 1

we are here to stop the ideas received. 3
I have the feeling that :
- point 1 => on the one hand you agree with the comments you bring back from your uncle
- point 2 => and therefore that you protect yourself in advance from hostile reactions,
- point 3 => and on the other hand that you want to stop the received ideas concerning Amazon deforestation ...

If this is not the case, I am sorry, but the expression employed seems to me rather awkward ... :?
If you disagree with your uncle, it should at least have been mentioned because it does not really come out clearly in your writings.

In this case indeed, my comment does not have to be.

PS: a discussion is not sterile that because one of the participants is willing ... To argue, comment, explain, exchange is never sterile.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 21/11/06, 17:25

Hello,
it's strange what you say about wood. the forestry industry, which is an important branch in Quebec is experiencing its worst economic crisis, around twenty fairly large sawmills are closing their doors because of the non-compliance with the softwood lumber market. The northern wood is smaller especially used for pulp and paper. but the surface of the forests means thousands of km
there is not even a way to get there. These are the forest fires that consume us a lot.

Andre
0 x