Death is in the field: pesticides killers farmers

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 18/04/12, 17:15

To change things, you must first change your mindset, but that cannot be imposed or voted on! And our societies are not yet ready for it.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/04/12, 19:43

There, I do not understand the soaring greens with Cohn Bendit it is not that long ago ... And now to see them in oblivion, it looks like you are right!

sen-no-sen wrote:
Obamot wrote:Anyway, I believe in Santa Claus : Mrgreen:

But I have not found a candidate who proposes it, in those who are in sight ... :|

There is not, indeed ... an econological party in 2017, that could do it!

2017 if Sarko wins? And if it's Holland 2022 ...?

In ten years will Europe still exist? : Mrgreen: : Shock: : Oops: : roll:

[EDIT] Here, I create a thread on the subject, because HS:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/dans-dix-a ... 11735.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/04/12, 20:39

Janic wrote:To change things, you must first change your mindset, but that cannot be imposed or voted on! And our societies are not yet ready for it.

It just seems to me that "the state of mind" is included in Revolution evolution via love ... am I wrong?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/04/12, 10:31

Quite jlt, thank you for this reminder!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/04/12, 13:45

Christophe wrote:
So part with a few ha of land for a healthy life ??? Not worth it uh..the cost?

Life is priceless !! Gosh !!!

Just this: if the human being were so rational, would there be that many smokers? of "binge drinkers" ??? Are coke sales growing exponentially? You will tell me: addiction.

Certainly: so bikers who believe in the 24 hours of Le Mans on a departmental ???

People who phone while driving? What an emergency, this phone call that risks causing an accident?

People who stuff themselves with "bad fats"? Whose effects on the cardiovascular system are even more clearly known than the effects of pesticides !! Binge on mars, bagged vienoiries, etc ...

So I am not surprised more than that faced with the attitude of farmers, who certainly put themselves in danger, but for issues far more complex than those I mentioned above: the choice of a profession, investments, but also the fear of not knowing do something else, etc ... Let us not forget that the "economic" pressure (to include everything) is such that farmers are among the socio-professional categories with the highest rate of suicide or depression ...

And, let's not forget: there isn't that much "damage" visible only that ! For the most part, and apart from a few high-profile cases, the effects of this "poisoning" are devious and not clearly identified. This leaves the door open to all "leaks", all "excuses" ...!
Last edited by Did67 the 19 / 04 / 12, 13: 52, 1 edited once.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/04/12, 13:49

Damn. Just one thing: I am for organic, we regularly increase our consumption, I drastically reduce the consumption of red meat, "hydrogenated fats" or "trans" or "palm oil" ... ETc ...

So I agree with the plea.

But I have peasant roots.

I continue to work in a nearby area.

I understand in the sense of "empathetic". I do not defend "stupidly"!

And so: targeting farmers seems very partial to me (even if, of course, also criticize them!)
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 19/04/12, 16:28

when from childhood, then at school, with your parents, and your boss you learn that plants must be protected, and that to pay for milk from your farm you will have to sell 20% more production what?
you convert to organic with the assurance of lower productivity or you put the dose in fertilizer and phyto.

the equation is not simple but the answer is.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/04/12, 16:36

A bit quick to calculate because the margin is greater in organic ... Higher selling price and lower costs ...

The concern is the conversion period ... impossible to sell organic and reduced or even zero productivity ...

There are conversion aids ... essential for this period but revised downwards by successive governments.

An organic farmer is also much less subject to mass distribution ... which contributes to the loss of peasant farming!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/04/12, 16:43

Did67 wrote:Just this: if the human being were so rational, would there be that many smokers? of "binge drinkers" ??? Are coke sales growing exponentially? You will tell me: addiction.

Certainly: so bikers who believe in the 24 hours of Le Mans on a departmental ???

People who phone while driving? What an emergency, this phone call that risks causing an accident?

People who stuff themselves with "bad fats"? Whose effects on the cardiovascular system are even more clearly known than the effects of pesticides !! Binge on mars, bagged vienoiries, etc ...

Yes except that ... all the risks you cite are individual risks granted (at least for most people) and for reasons of pleasure! It is not the same as a collective risk suffered ... for reasons of cash ... Developing this deserves a dedicated topic ...

Did67 wrote:And, let's not forget: there isn't that much "damage" visible only that ! For the most part, and apart from a few high-profile cases, the effects of this "poisoning" are devious and not clearly identified. This leaves the door open to all "leaks", all "excuses" ...!

Not clearly identified, quite ...

Officially there is also no death of industrial asbestos in France ... since there has never been a trial ... (there has just been one in Italy ... at the favor of the victims!). Ditto for the victims of nuclear tests ...
0 x