Conservation agriculture

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Conservation agriculture

by izentrop » 16/01/19, 09:59

A theme that does not concern many people here, but I think it's the best transition from conventional agriculture to sustainable agriculture, even if the techniques are still in their infancy to be able to do without fossil products. It must meet consumer demand, meet mass demand, protect biodiversity, rely on soil life and store carbon in the soil, while ensuring the farmer's survival.

Unlike bio, it is based on a scientific basis. I let one of the pioneers talk about it:
0 x
Did67

Re: Conservation agriculture

by Did67 » 16/01/19, 10:35

Their site is a source of invaluable information on "living soils", with articles from their open access journal, on essential themes: mycorrhizae, legumes ...

https://agriculture-de-conservation.com/
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/19, 10:43

Didier, given the density of conversations around the Potager du Sloth agriculture / the-garden-of-lazy-garden-more-than-bio-without-fatigue-t13846.html (and other topics), I think you have (also) invented conversation farming! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Sorry it was too easy, ok I'm going out : Oops:
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/01/19, 21:15

Christophe wrote:Didier, given the density of conversations around the Potager du Sloth agriculture / the-garden-of-lazy-garden-more-than-bio-without-fatigue-t13846.html (and other topics), I think you have (also) invented conversation farming! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Sorry it was too easy, ok I'm going out : Oops:

but so just : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/19, 21:17

Ah, we're laughing here :) : Mrgreen:
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/01/19, 21:20

Christophe wrote:Ah, we're laughing here :) : Mrgreen:

the abuse of deckchairs and "organic" or "conservation" beer sometimes helps : Oops:
but what is certain is that beer, whatever it is "organic" or "conservation" or "traditional", helps "conversation" : Mrgreen:
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 17/01/19, 02:39

I wonder if this agriculture will really be the path to sustainable agriculture. Without knowing too much I will throw myself a little blind to say not at all. I have not seen the video yet and there must be different ways to practice. But it seems to me that these farmers may be using less phyto products but especially (many) more herbicides to manage weeds without working the soil !!
0 x
Gébé
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Gébé » 17/01/19, 07:22

They use a lot less oil !!! And I have not heard that this input is sustainable.
If glyphosate is banned, these farmers will buy plows and tillage tools. They will consume dozens of liters of fuel oil per hectare and destroy the biodiversity of their plots, as do organic grain producers. Unless a few million French, do not feel inclination to resume the hoe and the hoe as the Middle Ages ?? It is true that we are much more numerous than at the time :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/01/19, 08:46

Moindreffor wrote:the abuse of deckchairs and "organic" or "conservation" beer sometimes helps : Oops:
but what is certain is that beer, whatever it is "organic" or "conservation" or "traditional", helps "conversation" : Mrgreen:

We could add that some good conservation beers (Trappist type) help conservation, provided you do not abuse it ...
Laughter and friendliness are good for your health ... so alcohol would be good for your health?

Well, it's not the debate here!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/01/19, 09:03

Gébé wrote:They use a lot less oil !!! And I have not heard that this input is sustainable.
If glyphosate is banned, these farmers will buy plows and tillage tools. They will consume dozens of liters of fuel oil per hectare and destroy the biodiversity of their plots, as do organic grain producers. Unless a few million French, do not feel inclination to resume the hoe and the hoe as the Middle Ages ?? It is true that we are much more numerous than at the time :)

Conservation agriculture is a reflection that is not completed ... Unlike "classic organic", it emphasizes the life of the soil, soil stability, non-work (very exactly, the little work) ... It includes the question of petroleum. Where the "classic organic" continues to massacre the soil through work!

But this is unfinished by the compromise made on certain herbicides. It remains a very "productivist" agriculture ...

But I know conservation farming forms without glyphosate and synthetic pesticides !!! It is much more difficult ...
0 x