Type of soil?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Type of soil?

by A.D. 44 » 24/08/18, 10:22

Hello and thank you to all for your messages,

nico239 wrote:You can always try to leave a corner where you do nothing: neither remove pebbles nor upgrade and compare ....

Ok but what do I do next?

Did67 wrote:On the other hand, "activating" this earth, and in particular feeding the aneciques there, will, in 25 years, make 25 cm of fine earth without stones.

Must wait how long before sowing or planting?
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 24/08/18, 16:06

nico239 wrote:
Being from the south I would be of a slightly different opinion because we pebbles it does not prevent us from cultivating ... there is everywhere or almost

Obviously as Didier said it must be a minimum of land between pebbles

And then pebbles it drains and then it can also protect both hot and cold ... well I know it's not common and yet.

For the gently sloping terrain for me it's a blessing ... the drainage is natural

Is not Didier's ground on a gentle slope?

You can always try to leave a corner where you do nothing: neither remove pebbles nor upgrade and compare ....

"Do not remove pebbles because under the stones there is moisture"they say.

Except that here it rains sometimes, often even, every day. Humidity there is under the stones but also on the pebbles : Mrgreen: .

The land of the corner is clay and pebbles. When the pebbles are removed, the clay remains, impervious. And as it rains often, and the ground is sloping, the water gets stuck at the neighbors.

The Midi of France and the Brittany / Pays de Loire region do not have the same climate at all and the soils are very different.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 24/08/18, 16:25

AD 44 wrote:Hello and thank you to all for your messages,

nico239 wrote:You can always try to leave a corner where you do nothing: neither remove pebbles nor upgrade and compare ....

Did67 wrote:On the other hand, "activating" this earth, and in particular feeding the aneciques there, will, in 25 years, make 25 cm of fine earth without stones.

Must wait how long before sowing or planting?

25 years it's long, almost an eternity ...

You should grow a small area right away and plant onions. Onions can be grown all year round.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 25/08/18, 01:56

AD 44 wrote:Hello and thank you to all for your messages,

Ben you sow or you plant what you want to eat and you'll see. : Wink:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 25/08/18, 01:59

Leo Maximus wrote:
nico239 wrote:
Being from the south I would be of a slightly different opinion because we pebbles it does not prevent us from cultivating ... there is everywhere or almost

Obviously as Didier said it must be a minimum of land between pebbles

And then pebbles it drains and then it can also protect both hot and cold ... well I know it's not common and yet.

For the gently sloping terrain for me it's a blessing ... the drainage is natural

Is not Didier's ground on a gentle slope?

You can always try to leave a corner where you do nothing: neither remove pebbles nor upgrade and compare ....

"Do not remove pebbles because under the stones there is moisture"they say.

Except that here it rains sometimes, often even, every day. Humidity there is under the stones but also on the pebbles : Mrgreen: .

The land of the corner is clay and pebbles. When the pebbles are removed, the clay remains, impervious. And as it rains often, and the ground is sloping, the water gets stuck at the neighbors.

The Midi of France and the Brittany / Pays de Loire region do not have the same climate at all and the soils are very different.

Well JUST remember what you put at the bottom of the hole when planting .... CAILLOUX.

So bless the pebbles in your clay.

It allows it to be draining and less compact, to "aerate" as much as possible your clay.

In my opinion it's all benefit.

I know I have the same: clay and pebbles ...

And not risk that I remove the pebbles when I find ... on the contrary I will add some small gravettes : Wink:
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 25/08/18, 09:54

AD44 did not say what he wanted to do with his field. A priori, he wants to make a vegetable garden not an orchard, and what useful stones can they have in a kitchen garden? (In his region, I specify).

In his field, there must be a strong potassium deficiency. This is a problem to deal with first, in my opinion.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 25/08/18, 10:05

Leo Maximus wrote:AD44 did not say what he wanted to do with his field. A priori, he wants to make a vegetable garden not an orchard, and what useful stones can they have in a kitchen garden? (In his region, I specify).

In his field, there must be a strong potassium deficiency. This is a problem to deal with first, in my opinion.

since I no longer dig the pebbles are no longer a problem, so why die to remove them, this is especially the question
the pebbles interfere when you work the soil, with the activation of the soil life, it is 1 cm of earth that will go up per year, so the pebbles will go down themselves
me personally I will do well to remove them
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 25/08/18, 10:29

Thanks again for your reactions,

At the same time, you do not tear up for that ... Actually, I have already worked by depiling (on the surface at least).

I will feed on all your remarks.

Thank you
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 25/08/18, 10:54

AD 44 wrote:Thanks again for your reactions,

At the same time, you do not tear up for that ... Actually, I have already worked by depiling (on the surface at least).

I will feed on all your remarks.

Thank you

at worst you spend the fang and take away the biggest, so that everyone is happy : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 25/08/18, 10:57

Here : Mrgreen:

(The fang I give him cheap of his skin ... In short ... : Mrgreen:)
0 x