Small vegetable garden 69 on the way to laziness

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Small vegetable patch 69 on the way to laziness

by Biobomb » 14/09/21, 23:32

stephgouv wrote:
All his plants (around 10.000) are grafted by hand (2mm clamps) and he uses Brigeor as a PG.

What a job ! Interesting the Brigeor? I'll have to try.
0 x
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 11/11/21, 17:05

Hello everyone !

There are many mushrooms of all kinds growing in the garden right now, common ones like this:
20211111_163313.jpg
Usual mushrooms

but also...
You have been warned! carnivorous mushrooms
20211111_163034.jpg
Sensitive souls refrain

it was the foul smell that alerted me ... I thought the cat had done his poop in the vegetables again ... but no ... it is an Archer's Anthurus. ok it is not really a carnivore it gives off a characteristic smell of carrion in order to attract flies. These flies then disperse the spores as they move around. It is for its reproduction.

I want to leave it there ... but it really stinks ... in winter it's fine but if it proliferates ... I hesitate.
0 x
it depends
Did67

by Did67 » 11/11/21, 19:02

I had some (I even made a video). They don't last long. Decompose quite quickly after the "bloody" stage (initially, it is a white ball, which opens in this kind of "tentacles")

At home, they have almost disappeared for two or three years ...

It is true that the smell of a corpse is impressive. But when you think of mimicry, it's amazing, I think: you have the impression of a bloody wound AND the smell! The inventiveness of the living, which jumps to the eyes and to the nose! All this to attract flies which will carry the spores.
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/11/21, 19:03

Alkaline wrote:Hello everyone !

There are many mushrooms of all kinds growing in the garden right now, common ones like this:

A sign of good health!
1 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 11/11/21, 23:18

Alkaline wrote:I want to leave it there ... but it really stinks ... in winter it's fine but if it proliferates ... I hesitate.

I had a lot of it in a specific place, following massive contributions of brf or wood, period. I didn't have the whole impression that it was invasive. This year I haven't seen one yet, but where it was, it's also now the "cocooning" place for my ducks, will there be sprouts in spite of them? To be continued
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 09/01/22, 18:49

Hello everyone !

For my part, no sowing before mid-February this year ... last year my seedlings vegetated too long and arrived ugly at the plantation.
In addition, tendonitis and the eventful end of the year 2021 encourage me to take it easy.

Having said that, I hope you are all doing well!
0 x
it depends
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 09/01/22, 22:30

Hi, end of the year / start of the year very disturbed, to be polite : Mrgreen: , but I cling to the living. No rush for the seedlings, but I am playing the card of precocity.
1 x
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 10/01/22, 09:43

Alkaline wrote:Hello everyone !

For my part, no sowing before mid-February this year ... last year my seedlings vegetated too long and arrived ugly at the plantation.
In addition, tendonitis and the eventful end of the year 2021 encourage me to take it easy.

Having said that, I hope you are all doing well!

yes, do not rush too much, when I say that we will have to think about it, it is to think about what to sow, where, when, how, but also to do a bit like Doris or Didier, to try a shot early, a shot let's say normal and a bit late

by watching some pro videos, we see that with their greenhouses, they finish a first season of zucchini when I only put mine in the ground like them outside, and they don't bother trying to make it last , they pull up, so why not take inspiration from them and do two zucchini plantations, as at the end of August beginning of September the PP is soaring in fertility, new plants would be much better than old ones who fight against powdery mildew
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 10/01/22, 09:58

Moindreffor wrote:so why not take inspiration from it and plant two zucchini, as at the end of August beginning of September the PP is soaring in fertility, new plants would be much better than old ones who fight against powdery mildew

That's something I'm going to put on the program this year. In 2021 I messed up the second seedling, the weather was dark, wet and cold at the time, the just risen cucurbits didn't like it at all. But at all at all.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 10/01/22, 10:30

I believe this is a vdioe never uploaded, but indeed, that's what I recommend. Fresh zucchini (by playing a little with the fire - but 3 pots of zucchini, 3 seeds, what do you risk if not 5 minutes lost and 3 seeds ????). And indeed, a second wave, which goes into production when the first ones begin to decline and suffer severe from powdery mildew.

With the cold year, I was a little late this year, and the second wave produced little ...
1 x