Small vegetable garden 69 on the way to laziness

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Small vegetable patch 69 on the way to laziness

by alkaline » 18/06/21, 12:15

This is what I saw at Father Michel this year at the start of the season ...
20210522_110005.jpg

Father Michel is a senior member of the family, he's been making his vegetable garden regularly, methodically, for 50 years. He has magnificent vegetables and I am secretly very envious of him. I've been walking past his garden every week for 5 years and it's the first time I've seen mulch : Shock: there he was preparing his tomato plantations: mowing, straw and marigold at each foot ... hey hey 8)

Last season he had seen my potatoes under hay and had looked, saying "yes yes I do not know" I shudder with pride at the idea that, perhaps, it is when he sees my vegetable garden that he finds himself. would be launched?
2 x
it depends
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 18/06/21, 13:02

It's good, in some people things are moving, in my area I also see some signs of change. Even with my friends, for whom last year I was a little crazy and enlightened, it begins to reflect, having seen my harvests last year, they ask themselves a lot of questions. They did not believe at all in this story of having tomatoes without Bordeaux mixture, without turning the earth, with much less watering, but I provided the proof in pictures.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 18/06/21, 14:18

Alkaline wrote:This is what I saw at Father Michel this year at the start of the season ... 20210522_110005.jpg
Father Michel is a senior member of the family, he's been making his vegetable garden regularly, methodically, for 50 years. He has magnificent vegetables and I am secretly very envious of him. I've been walking past his garden every week for 5 years and it's the first time I've seen mulch : Shock: there he was preparing his tomato plantations: mowing, straw and marigold at each foot ... hey hey 8)

Last season he had seen my potatoes under hay and had looked, saying "yes yes I do not know" I shudder with pride at the idea that, perhaps, it is when he sees my vegetable garden that he finds himself. would be launched?

It's quite touching, I think.

Whatever the source of the click ...

For people who have gardened in a different way for decades, it is always "to take a step"! I want, virtually, to "drink a beer" with this gentleman!
1 x
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 18/06/21, 14:31

Did67 wrote:It's quite touching, I think.

Whatever the source of the click ...

For people who have gardened in a different way for decades, it is always "to take a step"! I want, virtually, to "drink a beer" with this gentleman!
Totally agree with you Didier! For the touching side, whatever the source of the click and to drink a beer Image : Lol:
0 x
it depends
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 14/07/21, 19:22

Today I found 3 small dead hedgehogs in my garden. About the size of a clenched fist. I am a little taken aback because I did not know that there was a hedgehog in my house and in addition I thought that there is a lot to eat at the moment.
The good news is that there are hedgehogs in the garden. I would like to know what happened to them and what happens to their mother and other potential siblings .... I would surely never know.
Attachments
20210714_115242.jpg
1 x
it depends
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 22/08/21, 22:18

Tomatoes
This year the only plant that has not caught late blight or other disease is a cherry tomato plant planted in the ornamental garden tangled between a wisteria and a calicarpa it has thrived and cleared the fence : Lol:
2021-08-22 22.17.15.jpg
Cherry tomatoes trying to escape :)
1 x
it depends
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 22/08/21, 22:31

On the other hand, on the bushy side: Rio Grande and Siberian are the cataclysm : Cry: half (at least) of the fruits are damaged I recovered the healthy parts to cook them. This limited the damage, in the end I'm pretty happy with the production.
2021-08-22 22.25.21.jpg
All on the ground with burnt leaves

I have the impression that the Siberíans held up better, one foot is even rather in good shape even though it was stunted at the start.

The few stakes of staked tomatoes are small and have produced little but are in fairly good shape for mildew or mildew.

All are outside without protection.
1 x
it depends
Did67

by Did67 » 23/08/21, 18:34

Alkaline wrote:Tomatoes
This year the only plant that has not caught late blight or other disease is a cherry tomato plant planted in the ornamental garden tangled between a wisteria and a calicarpa it has thrived and cleared the fence : Lol:
2021-08-22 22.17.15.jpg

The same goes for me, in 2016, a year with a wet summer and where I had, against the south wall of my season, under the roof overhang, a nickel foot which produced until the beginning of November (without too much taste anyway) , towards the end !)...

This inspired me the "tomato tunnel".

My real dream: a tomato tunnel attached to an east-west wall. I no longer have the strength to build it. I recommend to young people. Rather than stupidly burying wood.

The roof overhang limits the impact of the rains.

The wall, heated during the day, maintains a warmer area, without condensation, over 20 or 30 cm.

No rain / no condensation = the "miracle" with tomatoes. You can rave about any decoction, any way of planting, you can do it in a lunar or counter-lunar cycle, you can drink an "organic" beer from Alsace (exclusively) in front of every evening at the precise moment of sunset, play Bach, ask Pesquet to take the seeds and bring them back to you: everything will work! But don't forget to make a video !!!
1 x
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 23/08/21, 19:31

Alkaline wrote:Tomatoes
2021-08-22 22.17.15.jpg
It may be a philovita that Biobombe talks about :D in fact, I received these seeds from a real estate agency ad with no variety listed on them. : roll:
0 x
it depends
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 24/08/21, 00:07

Did67 wrote: no condensation = the "miracle" with tomatoes.

in agreement with you all along.
There I am exhausted, but tomorrow perhaps I will give my opinion on a property that the leaves of tomatoes have which could accelerate their propensity to catch the mildew whatever the level of ambient condensation and if in addition one balances potassium on them. the head.
0 x