Small vegetable garden 69 on the way to laziness

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Small vegetable patch 69 on the way to laziness

by Moindreffor » 23/05/21, 19:19

Did67 wrote:More "martyr" than beans, you die!

[There is also a vetch, the hedge vetch]

after aphids are like donkeys and hay, give them the Top level food, they are not mistaken, this is also why we humans we appreciate so much beans, like aphids, a good little vegetable very sweet to the end of winter ...
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 23/05/21, 19:36

Did67 wrote:It is, with me, the climate. Very unfavorable to insects. I host a beehive of a friend of my daughter: I have to feed them very regularly, otherwise, they would die!

Here, there is part of the explanation in the climate too, very variable at the moment, often very windy and humid. Today we had a beautiful day until the middle of the afternoon, and then north wind, drop in temperature, tomorrow again from the fleet, not much I think. Many flowers formed however, but waiting, same side of the weeds. There is nothing to please insects.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 23/05/21, 21:58

Moindreffor wrote:after aphids are like donkeys and hay, give them the Top level food, they are not mistaken, this is also why we humans we appreciate so much beans, like aphids, a good little vegetable very sweet to the end of winter ...

Indeed, aphids have a "weakness" for legumes, because they have to filter a lot of sap to find their proteins. Legumes are generally richer!

It's the bean that doesn't make sense!
0 x
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 23/05/21, 22:41

Ah well at home the aphid season is open : Lol: grays on the old kale cabbage set in seed, blacks on the beans in quantity (but I do not see any damage so I leave) greens on the roses (covered) and also pinkish color. I see some ladybugs.

For the moment my concern is the mini gray slugs which eat the young plants and snails.
0 x
it depends
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 23/05/21, 23:06

Alkaline wrote:For the moment my concern is the mini gray slugs which eat the young plants and snails.

The gray minis are the worst !!!. Worse than fat cows !!! Good luck : Wink:
1 x
Edmond Rostand
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 23/05/21, 23:47

Doris wrote:
Alkaline wrote:For the moment my concern is the mini gray slugs which eat the young plants and snails.

So what!
https://www.aujardin.info/fiches/limace ... dinier.php
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 24/05/21, 08:05

Yes, the slug is the gardener's friend, you have to balance, you need this, you need that, holistic management of Coves (which I took a lot of inspiration from and approve of): at some point when the climatic conditions come together, it turns into our own created systems into a nightmare. And I maintain, especially the mini gray slugs. They are small, we don't always see them, and when we pick up dozens every night, which not only eat up the decomposing matter, but to supplement their dinner also the young plants, it becomes complicated to live.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 24/05/21, 08:45

Here are the stories as "we" tell them (I am aiming at the text, not Covès).

Let him come to me, in a system without any pesticides, never treated, relatively in "equilibrium", full of refuge areas

When will the babacools think about two fundamental things: a) a vegetable garden is never a natural system in equilibrium - it is an anthropized space; b) a natural equilibrium is always a system "oscillating around balances", with for each population, ups and downs ... And will want to take into account the fact that on seedlings or young plants, a slug can clean 1 m in a row in one night ...? Or a small patch of plants?

After, yes. You've seen the tunnel greenhouse: I'm currently harvesting salads, and almost every salad has one or two or three slugs. Without any apparent damage. Threatened by drought (it does not rain in a greenhouse!), They remain hidden under their feet. Or they eat what they prefer: diseased leaves, starting to rot. What I eat is intact. We share" ! There it works.

And the rest is literature from smoky people. Who write on an I-Mac in the 16th and buy their food at BioCoop!

I come out of a great tension with the slugs, with damage. And that, it is observable - elsewhere than on the screens of Smartphone.
1 x
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 24/05/21, 21:19

Doris wrote:

Thank you :) the worst part is that you can't really pick them up they are tiny and sticky. As much they are not embarrassing in a big salad as there they devour all the young plans at the moment.
0 x
it depends
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 24/05/21, 21:35

I have not seen the video because about "must" / "must not" in matters of slug my opinion is made: it must be me who eats the salad at the end and if the slugs were eaten well I will cook some : Twisted:

Finally, I say that and someone will find me a video with a slug soup recipe or an article by Professor Raoult saying that eating mini slugs heals stomach ulcers. :P
0 x
it depends