Small vegetable garden 69 on the way to laziness

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Small vegetable patch 69 on the way to laziness

by Doris » 24/09/20, 13:46

Moindreffor wrote:except that it's one of the bobo tips and tricks for recycling at home, like PQ's rolled buckets, composting earthworm ...

Yes, I'm not going to tell you the opposite, because although having access to coffee grounds galore, I have long since stopped bringing back work, for the little effect that it does .. .. I have become way too lazy for this stuff.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 24/09/20, 14:05

I found this post from Rajqawee, I put the link back because it's super interesting.
Rajqawee wrote:Hi to all of you,
Did you see this information passing: https://agriculture.gouv.fr/une-nouvell ... il-de-lign
I was able to find my garden ... extract:
"Medium to gentle slopes of the West Lyonnais slopes, with silty sands and clay sands from gneisses, mainly meadows.
Dominant soil type: Alocrisols (100%) "

"Alocrisols are moderately thick to thick (more than 35 cm thick) acidic to very acidic soils, developed from sandstone alterites, shales or crystalline rocks, which are most often observed in forests or natural vegetation. Alocrisols are rich in exchangeable aluminum, potentially assimilable and harmful for plant nutrition. "

Good no luck for aluminum :( I am surprised by the acidity because being on a rock quarry I thought the soil was rather limestone. I doubt even ...
0 x
it depends
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 24/09/20, 14:51

Be careful though: the precision displayed on the geoportal is probably "fictitious". So your personal situation may actually be different. Considering the type of soil (maybe not great), an analysis as mentioned by Didier in his book (from memory, 50 € for a "basic" analysis), at the very least a Ph test (not expensive at all) , can be useful following the operations
1 x
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 27/09/20, 15:30

I also had a lot of critters this year because I let about 100 square meters of garden grow in the meadow to make hay.

So we had to cut the hay, just in early September. I found a fake in the garden tools and ... it was not easy to get the hang of it!
0 x
it depends
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 27/09/20, 15:59

Alkaline wrote:So we had to cut the hay, just in early September. I found a fake in the garden tools and ... it was not easy to get the hang of it!

I also tried myself, and indeed it is not easy! For the Sloth who can harvest grass (hay), rotofil (or roto "blade" in some cases), it is still very practical, especially since it goes everywhere (aisles, pass-throughs). feet, ...) to do some "cleaning" from time to time.
But the gesture is less beautiful .... (mine is electric on batteries, at least it does not stink and it is much less noisy).
3 x
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 30/09/20, 19:15

I admit it's not lazy and I drooled, it's still quite satisfactory all the same.
20200930_190525.jpg
Homemade hay takes up space!

I picked up the equivalent of 2 square boots I believe. I had a 17 kg one left. I also collected 1 round straw bale. It's time to expand the vegetable garden : Wink:
20200930_190506.jpg
The scale and under the tarpaulin the enlargement.
2 x
it depends
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 30/09/20, 19:22

Today the weather was splendid for gardening, little sun, very humid earth :D I planted the garlic and onion. Sowed beans ... we'll see. Under the hay, the earth can sometimes be very loose and very wet and next to it quite dry as if the hay had been impermeable there.
0 x
it depends
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 30/09/20, 20:11

Alkaline wrote:Today the weather was splendid for gardening, little sun, very humid earth :D I planted the garlic and onion. Sowed beans ... we'll see. Under the hay, the earth can sometimes be very loose and very wet and next to it quite dry as if the hay had been impermeable there.

You've probably said it before, but I don't remember. In which corner are you? The best is to complete your "profile" by your region (no need for the postal address!). In "vegetable" threads, it is very useful to avoid comparing situations that are not really comparable.
0 x
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 01/10/20, 22:51

sicetaitsimple wrote:You've probably said it before, but I don't remember. In which corner are you?
in the mountains of Lyonnais "69" : Wink:
sicetaitsimple wrote: The best is to complete your "profile" by your region. In "vegetable" threads, it is very useful to avoid comparing situations that are not really comparable.
I am going right now :)
0 x
it depends
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 02/10/20, 11:56

Alkaline wrote: in the mountains of Lyonnais "69" : Wink:

Am I stupid ... : Oops:

Nevertheless, now we will know whatever the "vegetable" thread to which you contribute. And "Mont du Lyonnais" is still much more precise than "69".
At a significant altitude? There too, that can make important differences, in particular on the periods and intensities of frost.
0 x