Small vegetable garden 69 on the way to laziness

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Small vegetable patch 69 on the way to laziness

by Doris » 08/03/21, 07:53

For my part, I see the same thing: for the first time since 2012 we had a relatively cold winter, followed by a mild spring very early. Result: the lamb's lettuce will soon rise, whereas it did in April last year. Cabbages too small to be harvested do the same, a good month in advance for the foragers, anyway, I was going to leave these cabbages for the insects. Otherwise, the turnips at home are fine, but I sowed them very late, so they were certainly too small to vernalize, just a few shot by hail
1 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 08/03/21, 10:19

Alkaline wrote:Turnips that have spent the winter are already going to seed: shock even the very young. A lettuce does that too ... 3 days of sunshine and presto!

Here I have sown a lot of turnips depending on the moon and the constellations, not one is pulling yet. Tof will be done that day.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 08/03/21, 11:05

Biobombe wrote:
Alkaline wrote:Turnips that have spent the winter are already going to seed: shock even the very young. A lettuce does that too ... 3 days of sunshine and presto!

Here I have sown a lot of turnips depending on the moon and the constellations, not one is pulling yet. Tof will be done that day.

I lower my pants either by getting up after sowing or by lowering myself just before, to be on a rising or falling moon : Mrgreen: in any case in summer it makes the tomatoes blush on top of that ...
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 08/03/21, 13:45

Moindreffor wrote:
Biobombe wrote:

I lower my pants either by getting up after sowing or by lowering myself just before, to be on a rising or falling moon : Mrgreen: in any case in summer it makes the tomatoes blush on top of that ...

A wasp or bee attracted by your pheromones will then sting you where I think : Cheesy:
0 x
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 08/03/21, 21:34

Moindreffor wrote: I lower my pants (...) : Mrgreen: in any case in summer it makes the tomatoes blush on top of that ...

My grandfather, who treated us to his vegetable garden for more than 30 years, always said that this is how he made tomatoes red. So that's how it works: lol
Watch out for the bite or sunburn :)
0 x
it depends
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 08/03/21, 21:39

Joking aside, I see, like Doris, that the lamb's lettuce is also about to rise and it's lamb's lettuce that sowed itself so I can't tell you if it is reseeded with the moon or not : Wink:
0 x
it depends
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 08/03/21, 22:06

Same here, lamb's lettuce this year, I only have spontaneous raises, so there you have it, was she smart enough to find the right moon, but too stupid to recognize how lucky she was to be born to the good moon, that is the question :)
1 x
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 09/03/21, 10:48

All biennials "think only of that!". They are mobilizing last year's reserves to reproduce. This is the principle of a biennial. No longer hope for growth - it's over. Harvest what can be harvested. Leave what can be left - for the browsers. And possibly have its seeds (with risk of hybridization in allogams).

Even lamb's lettuce, take a good look: its stems between two leaves are getting longer ... Here we go!
1 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 09/03/21, 20:39

At the moment, we are making a large salad bowl of lamb's lettuce every day, and we will stop soon, because it will not only lengthen the stems but really go up, and there will be a lot left for the foragers and to get up spontaneously in the fall. next. All it takes to make us happy
1 x
Edmond Rostand
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 09/03/21, 23:12

one of my turnip planks to date. Sure the moon is holding them back in the seed rush : Cheesy:

0 x