Eat meat, what impact on the planet?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.

could you watch the video to the end?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 03/09/12, 20:07

Obamot wrote:And so the best way to let everyone make his choice, is certainly to avoid any stigma surrounding protein consumption mode! And certainly not to pigeonhole people VG, carnivores or what do I know ...

Thank you Obamot for remembering this!
Indeed, terror is not a very good way to change mentalities!
When I was a kid, I often heard people around me say:If you don't eat meat, you'll never be beefy!
Result a few years later: 120kg bench press while being vegetarian so ...
However, to affirm the opposite: if you eat meat you will die of cancer etc ... is particularly exaggerated and does not reflect reality.
There is a happy medium between the two.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 03/09/12, 20:09

As Sen_No_Sen reminds us, we are not scavengers

A scavenger is an animal that eats carrion, that is to say dead animals that they did not kill themselves. wikipedia

which digest for some by putrefaction (medium favorable to the proliferation of ptomaines), therefore we digest in principle by fermentation! (For healthy subjects according to Dr. Kousmine) In this type of digestion, assimilate meat, if it is eaten at noon and in reasonable quantities (not every day, once a week would already be enough, if we replace it with protein plants ...), does not pose the slightest problem.
hence the question: why feed on a product that causes death and suffering when it is possible to do so without? and plunder the planet of its agricultural land for a miserable return?

And so the best way to let everyone make his choice, is certainly to avoid any stigma surrounding protein consumption mode! And certainly not to pigeonhole people VG, carnivores or what do I know ...

anyway everyone does and will do what he wants, but awareness requires prior information.
on the other hand, cataloging people is generally in the other direction that it works and in a pejorative way since the norm is supposed to be omnipresent. On the other hand, this cataloging is necessary in everyday life when you are invited, that you eat at the restaurant, that your children eat in the canteen, etc ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/09/12, 20:09

Well, I have the impression of a certain convergence on the bottom between Janic and you!
However, when you write:
And so the best way to let everyone make his choice, is certainly to avoid any stigma surrounding protein consumption mode! And certainly not to pigeonhole people VG, carnivores or what do I know ...

Given the consequences of the type of food in question, how can it be made an element of free choice?
We could reason in the same way, and this is what happens in reality, with 4X4s as well as any form of consumption: can I be free to restrict it in the same way as to increase it without limit?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/09/12, 22:23

Absolutely! Interesting point to emphasize indeed!

What about "free choice"in the supermarkets where food of agro-industrial origin flows?

While today's man, with his experience and 65 million years of evolution, should have only stores of very high quality standard, type Demeter ...>, but even more advanced and affordable .... Instead, we largely feed on substitutes by going to supermarkets off the "fresh shelves" !!!

We are at the age of the supermarkets! : Mrgreen:

If we make a list of food additives (preservatives, flavors, flavor enhancers and so on and the best), we quickly see where the absence of REAL freedom in the choice lies! I don't see many who spend half a day dissecting what the E-XXX codes mean to find out what will end up polluting / poisoning their organism? For example: like the methanol contained in light products, or the proportion of drain oil tolerated in edible vegetable oils ... to name just two of the worst !!!

Notice that I said, "let everyone choose", And not mentioned free choice (but it is surely a pure coincidence, honestly I could have said it. And in any case, I did indeed imply: but as such, the said" choice under conditions "is subordinated to the same context that one buys meat with the vegetable products, I imagine)
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/09/12, 23:16

Obamot wrote:[...] What about "free choice"in supermarkets where food of agro-industrial origin flows? [...]

Free choice is choosing not to go to a "Temple of Consumption" (or supermarket, the term is better known ...)
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/09/12, 07:42

While today's man, with his experience and 65 million years of evolution, should only have stores of very high quality standard, such as Demeter ...>, but even more advanced and affordable ... Instead, we largely feed on substitutes by going to supermarkets off the "fresh shelves" !!!

I join lumberjack on the fact that no one is obliged to go to the temples of consumption to make their devotions there.
For the affordable cost, it is impossible since what makes its cost is its quality and any reduction in the cost is linked to the reduction in quality. This is what happened during the transition from traditional agriculture to industrial culture and we see the result.
Then affordable is a wrong question! Indeed in ordinary food: what is expensive? Animal products of poor quality in general and whose drawbacks are becoming apparent today.
Just replace these harmful products with high quality plant products and there is no additional cost in the food budget, but we would like to have our cake and eat it too, that is not possible!
The VG solves all these problems at the same time: conservation of its health, reduction of the agricultural plunder of the planet and its drinking water, elevation of the moral level of the human being by non violence.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 04/09/12, 11:14

That's smart : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:

It was not a question on my part ... Must tell them everything to these kids !!! : Lol:

PS: here I am really bent that Janic "followed". Maybe you had to read what I was saying! (Instead of just putting it in a quote) So now you do in formal paralogisms to defend your steak! : Mrgreen:

PS: Bucheron, you're good in the role of troll Image
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/09/12, 13:20

PS: here I am really bent that Janic has "followed".
a quarter turn ... and even before! : Cheesy:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 04/09/12, 19:34

: Cheesy:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/09/12, 20:00

at the moment on the newspaper france 2 "are we condemned to become vg by the middle of this century"
0 x