Repair a small branch of a fruit tree (sin)?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Christophe

Re: Repair a small fruit tree branch (sin)?

by Christophe » 20/05/21, 15:29

I don't think Macro, moreover, part of the roof of the greenhouse (fishing side) got the hell out of the last big gale of this winter!

And that I was too lazy to repair ... for the moment ... I think I will leave the sin in the open until the fall so that he can recover his health!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 21/05/21, 13:46

Personally ... I have 4 or 5 who live their lives outside (late yellow fishing) without any particular care I have enough sins to put the shit on half of my neighbors and the bikers of the gendarmerie who hiding in the area ... Almost every year ...
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/05/21, 14:06

Macro wrote:I have enough peaches to put the shit on half of my neighbors and the police bikers who stash in the area ... Almost every year ...

So you lol! I love you ptdr!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/05/21, 16:24

Would be good to ask ã Did but I advise you not to do anything except reinforcements type splints fixed to absolutely prevent everything from moving (even hangers for the weight) to what you have already done. Like you would put on a cast if you broke your leg.

For 3 reasons:
- by wanting to do “better” you risk worsening the situation, there is the weight of the fruits, and if it is cut, it is totally ruined.
- as long as there is a part left, there is sap that passes, your fruits still have a chance to ripen (they may not grow bigger).
- it takes time for the tree to repair, splints that keep the 2 parts of the branch in their initial positions without them moving is the best thing for the tree, even if it is not guaranteed (it can also dry or rot)

It's just to save the fruits, eh, then you'll see. This is what I would do if it happened to me.
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 21/05/21, 22:31

If the manipulation works, ie if the tissues that can be reunited will do so, the scar will take a year to solidify.
Personally, I will have strengthened the branch by putting 2 splints on each side to bring relief.

A peach tree can be pruned quite easily with a little experience. I will have cut back the branch by eliminating the parts furthest from the wound and leaving only a sap extractor. I will also have eliminated all the fruits, in order to avoid a too important overhang.
In any case, there will be no miracle: the fruits being greedy in developed sap they will no longer be supplied with sufficient nutrients and risk not giving something correct.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/21, 14:52

Yes Biobombe I would do that next time, thank you! Apparently this summer there will be no fruit given the crappy weather we had severe late freezing!

As some have asked me, here is the situation 1 year later: one of the 2 branches, the smaller one, did not resume ... the other yes but with difficulty because a lot of dead branches downstream of the repair ...

Apparently "mechanically" it had not moved or not much ... despite the gale that tore part of the roof of the greenhouse in February ... oops ... (my fault was a wooden part of the structure which was not protected ... I will repair this in the fall ... just for the peach tree to have a little air and space this summer)

So the solution of the string + tape seems sufficient ... if we have enough to hang the string!

I cut the branch that did not pick up and I left the string on the other.

I pruned dead branches all over the tree (made after the photos)

pecher_branche_casseée_1.jpg
pecher_branche_cassée_1.jpg (476.98 KiB) Viewed 3082 times

pecher_branche_casseée_2.jpg
pecher_branche_cassée_2.jpg (451.53 KiB) Viewed 3082 times
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/06/21, 14:02

Christophe wrote:The largest transplant in the world? And natural sivoupled! Crazy!

This one is not bad too!

There are twists in nature too!

Twisted Tree.jpg
Arbre Tordu.jpg (294.69 KiB) Viewed 2984 times

Quiz question: to which members of the forum does that crooked tree make you tip uh think?

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/06/21, 14:34

And another strange tree:

Trees_enlassés.jpg
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"