Raspberry plantation

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: Raspberry plantation

by Did67 » 27/11/17, 11:02

Paysan.bio wrote:
, I was talking about the horizontal height

I knew the "slow haste", but not the "horizontal heights"!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/11/17, 11:06

Paysan.bio wrote:for the ascending varieties, I cut the stems, in November after the first big gels, with 2 buds below the lowest bud that turned into a fruit bouquet.
in general, these two buds have already received a dose of hormones that disrupts them the following year and therefore their production is minimal.

More seriously: I will look a little better this year.

My cutting height is relative to my trellis wire; I cross around the lowest wire to prevent the rods from leaving too laterally ...

As already said, picking raspberries in buckets, I do not worry too much about improving productivity ... I have plenty of stuff to eat, to offer, to make grouts and jams, to freeze for some sherbets at Christmas, etc ... But I do not live, we agree.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/11/17, 13:02

Did, you notice:
I knew the "slow haste", but not the "horizontal heights"!

Yet it is an obscure clarity! : Lol:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
paysan.bio
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by paysan.bio » 27/11/17, 13:35

Did67 wrote:My rows are 1,50 apart, which allows me, at the start of the season, to switch with my riding mower. But then, it "closes", and I only go on foot for the harvest.

Everything that comes out of the ranks is ruthlessly torn off. Raspberry, if you let it go, is the jungle in two or three years. He thinks only of this, suck, instead of taking root!

On the inter-row, I had overseeded white clover (the one that crawls and tramples well), but for lack of light, it regressed and almost disappeared ... My idea was that the inter-row be a nitrogen sensor (symbiotic fixation), while making "circulation", and that by the mowing, I would transfer that on the bands ... It is a little missed. It is a plant that needs light ...

with the arches system, you need much wider inter-rows. 2,5 m is a minimum.
for vegetable gardens, I advise to put a row on the edge of the prevailing winds.
the raspberry hedge allows an interesting microclimate for vegetables by filtering the wind.
0 x
bobbysolo67
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bobbysolo67 » 27/11/17, 14:55

Paysan.bio wrote:I think I did not understand the question about height.
for 50 70 cm, I was talking about the horizontal height that we try to get with the arcure.
I do not cut stems in length for non-rising varieties.
for the ascending varieties, I cut the stems, in November after the first big gels, with 2 buds below the lowest bud that turned into a fruit bouquet.
in general, these two buds have already received a dose of hormones that disrupts them the following year and therefore their production is minimal.

I think paysan.bio is talking about "Dutch-style" training. To see on: http://www.gerbeaud.com/jardin/fiches/f ... lisser.php
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/11/17, 15:24

I did not know that it was called "Dutch style", but I knew a variant: on the vertical stakes planted in the row, you put "ties" at 90 °; at each end of the crosspiece, you stretch a wire ... I had seen this with iron stakes and welded ties ... In this case, there were two rows of two wires at two different heights, the second allowing to support the canes of the year and avoiding that they do not sharpen too much and prevent the passage ... But you can do with wood and nail ...

At home, in fact, with roughly 1,50 m between ranks, it will be a little fair if I want to still pass the mower, sitting quiet! Or I leave a passage of man and passes the rotofil ... It is an option possible.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/11/17, 15:27

Ahmed wrote:Yet it is an obscure clarity! : Lol:

Do you mean: it was showing eyes closed?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 27/11/17, 19:44

Question, it interests Steph72 who put it on the wire dedicated to his kitchen garden (kitchen garden in Sarthe) and which also interests me because I have to move a good package of rejects this winter:

when we transplant raspberries from rejections, we cut to how much? I would have said about thirty cm?
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/11/17, 21:24

sicetaitsimple wrote:
when we transplant raspberries from rejections, we cut to how much? I would have said about thirty cm?

Failing to know more: I would leave.

The reserves therein will eventually be useful before the recovery.

And after the recovery, the more the living part will be important, and the more floral bouquets you will have from the first one. This is as much "biomass" that the plant should not produce.

As with Phanaelopsis (the most common orchids), I will cut only what is obviously dead and dry.
1 x
paysan.bio
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by paysan.bio » 28/11/17, 08:59

Did67 wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:

Failing to know more: I would leave.

The reserves therein will eventually be useful before the recovery.

And after the recovery, the more the living part will be important, and the more floral bouquets you will have from the first one. This is as much "biomass" that the plant should not produce.

As with Phanaelopsis (the most common orchids), I will cut only what is obviously dead and dry.

same answer, needless to cut in length.
especially if you look good, you will see that the buds of the first 15 cm are smaller than those above.
they therefore have less production potential.
at the limit, if you see in the spring that the recovery is weak, you can blow some buds from the bottom of the stem.
it promotes a better rooting.
I recognize once again that it's not lazy.
0 x