Nuisance phyto product?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Nuisance phytos product?

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 19/06/21, 17:28

humus wrote:
Ahmed wrote:Natural causes cannot be ruled out, because viral infections can lead to deformation of plant organs.

I don't know anything about it but I will dig this track.

Examples:
Peas: the common pea mosaic, caused by the Pea Enation Mosaic Virus (PEMV); deformation of stems, leaves and pods
http://www.unilet.fr/cultures/pois/Virose.php

More generally:
Damage caused by plant viruses

In a plant, phyto-viruses infect the tissues of the roots or stems as well as those of the leaves. They cause a generalized disease of the plant, which then tends to wither away.

Note: only meristematic tissues are free from it. These are tissues made up of dividing / multiplying cells ensuring the growth of plants in length and thickness.

Damage to the foliage: most often, the foliage takes on a "mosaic" appearance, ie the leaves (especially the youngest) take on an irregular color. On the other hand, the leaves can become deformed: reduced size, embossed or elongated appearance, appearance of blisters ... Finally, they can necrode more or less completely, yellowing and then drying.
Damage to flowering and fruiting: many flowers die off and abort. Fruits or vegetables are absent or less numerous. Those that persist are smaller and necrotic, ripen more slowly and appear unappetizing.
Damage to the stems: the growth of the stems slows down and necrosis also appears. The plants wither away.

1 Recognize plant viruses

The signs of plant virosis vary greatly depending on the infected species, the state of cultivation and the climate, you will diagnose it mainly by observing the mosaic of the foliage: irregular coloring or even discoloration of the young leaves especially. This characteristic sign is more or less associated with deformations, necrosis as well as yellowing of older leaves and then drying out.

https://jardinage.ooreka.fr/fiche/voir/ ... -vegetales
1 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 19/06/21, 17:47

Thank you, I still don't know anything about it, but to read, it must not be a virus infection.
Apart from the deformation of the stem and flowering, the leaves are as healthy as on healthy stems.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/06/21, 19:00

Warning! Not all viruses attack the leaves systematically.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 20/06/21, 07:50

Ahmed wrote:Warning! Not all viruses attack the leaves systematically.

Can the same virus (producing the same effect in any case) attack trees and perennials?
For the perennial, on the same foot, there are healthy stems and other affected ones.
As on the tree, only one shoot was reached and it never did again.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/06/21, 09:38

Viroses are complicated! We have a little preview now ... : Oops:
You have Agrobacterium tumefasciens (or crown gall), for example, which produces impressive blisters on the crowns and / or on the roots of tree plants ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 20/06/21, 09:51

0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 20/06/21, 10:12

I find that I have a lot of mutations in my garden, another twist of fate, a virus or a boost from phyto products?
I had white variegated blackthorn (sorry, mower), purple blackthorn that I kept and like everyone else green blackthorn.
that's a lot of oddities for a single garden anyway, right?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 20/06/21, 11:07

You just have to consult a geobiologist : Mrgreen:
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 20/06/21, 20:53

humus wrote:I find that I have a lot of mutations in my garden, another twist of fate, a virus or a boost from phyto products?
I had white variegated blackthorn (sorry, mower), purple blackthorn that I kept and like everyone else green blackthorn.

a little investigation into the past of your plot, a little trip to the town hall
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 20/06/21, 20:59

Moindreffor wrote:
humus wrote:I find that I have a lot of mutations in my garden, another twist of fate, a virus or a boost from phyto products?

a little investigation into the past of your plot, a little trip to the town hall

Half "cow yard" and half cultivated plot.
It has been for residential use for 38 years.
Malformation and mutations took place on both parts.
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"