No to extension cattle swine intensive livestock Limoise

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
bocsens
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

No to extension cattle swine intensive livestock Limoise

by bocsens » 09/07/09, 11:19

From January 1, 2012, Brussels obliges breeders to leave more room for animals bred in intensive - blocked in a restraining cage - and prohibits the definitive maintenance of the animals thus "bred", in particular pigs. To meet these requirements, if some have to enlarge the surface of their buildings, others take the opportunity to request staff extensions!

Thus in Limoise, canton of Lurcy-Lévis (Allier) a public inquiry is underway for the extension of the intensive mixed breeding of GAEC De Roover which currently associates 550 sows and 90 dairy cows, fed from the cereals produced on the manure spreading areas.

The GAEC requests an increase in pig farming by 12% and more than a doubling of dairy farming ... which would lead to the joint physical presence on the spot of more than 8500 pigs and nearly 400 cattle and heifers. A public inquiry is underway in the municipalities interested in the plan to spread some 15 m000 of slurry, estimated to be spread over nine hundred hectares, in the municipalities of Limoise, Pouzy-Mésangy, Franchesse, Couzon and Saint Léopardin.

The populations and many local elected representatives, gathered behind Nicolas Thollet general councilor of Lurcy-Lévis in the collective "Bocage: sensitive breeding", intend to protest against this extension that nothing justifies in times of chronic overproduction, in this sector of bocage Bourbonnais still preserved, rich from a tourist point of view, where some already imagined the creation of a perimeter of safeguard. In addition, approval has just been given for the marketing and bottling of water from a source close to the spreading zone in the town of Franchesse!

A petition, denouncing the environmental risks and the nuisances, circulates and will be given to the Investigative Commissioner.
Internet petition to the following addresses:

http://jesigne.fr/contre-extension-elev ... if-limoise
ou
http://www.mesopinions.com/Contre-l-ext ... 7bb25.html
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 09/07/09, 14:13

This joins (a little) a reflection that I made myself this morning when I heard this news:

The history of this chicken coop begins at the end of the 90s. A young farmer wants to diversify. He asked to raise 12 poultry in a shed. He encountered categorical opposition from the bourgmestre: the neighbors were far away but feared nuisance.
[...]
But the magistrates have only just decided the initial question. And what do they say? That 12 laying hens is not industrial. That it is still a family farm, compared to batteries, sometimes half a million poultry. That the Anthisnoises authorities decided lightly.

The man estimates that the claim costs and the loss of profit due to the delays must have cost one million Belgian francs. And he is seriously considering claiming compensation.

source: http://www.rtbf.be/info/regions/liege/a ... iel-123902

Industrial? family? We will only take into account the number of animals and not at all their living conditions or the quality of the production?
12900 laying hens in organic quality is not the same as protein factories, is it?
And why should we always take the worst as a reference, as did this court? If we applied this reasoning to road accidents, we could say that the 5000 deaths per year in France do not deserve that we improve the road infrastructure because it is nothing compared to the 9000 annual deaths in Spain (figures in example) .

Conclusion: I think we will take 3/4 hens for our eggs (well fed, with room and hugs every day).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/07/09, 14:36

A 3/4 of hens?

Is it without the head or the pasta? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

+1 for the rest, RAJ ...
0 x