New vegetable garden

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
pattix
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

New vegetable garden

by pattix » 16/03/18, 17:20

hello did67
here is my problem at the end of the year or at the beginning of next year i am leaving my hlm in the bouches du rhone for the two sèvres in a new house.
I'm going to end up with the ground of foundations on it that you advise me to do at first

please :D
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: new vegetable patch

by sicetaitsimple » 16/03/18, 19:12

My personal advice would be to ask the mason to properly pile it up and then evacuate it.
I personally lived a few years in a new house (subdivision) built yet right next to market gardens. You couldn't grow anything properly because it had been ravaged.
0 x
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: New vegetable garden

by denis17 » 16/03/18, 23:20

Bonsoir
For me, I think you should keep the topsoil, the "first 20 cm or so", if it has not yet been done. If there is clay soil, several choices are available to you:
1 / have it evacuated
2 / spread it out and add the topsoil of your land on top
3 / If there is not too much, spread it out where you will make your garden "in phenoculture" : Wink: and therefore cover with hay (personally I spread a small thickness in some places and it does)

Denis
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/03/18, 10:28

The problem is always the same:

- "topsoil" is sold! Sometimes, too, it's a "livelihood" for (black) truckers - they organize their parallel market ...

- so the promoters / builders sell it, and replace it with "inert" earth ...

Then either you buy topsoil ...

Either you improve the existing one: there are plants which make it possible to "conquer" these lands (phacelia, alfalfa, beans ...); you bring significant amounts of biomass (hay, BRF but in a first phase you can put anything, it always feeds!) ...
0 x
pattix
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by pattix » 21/03/18, 15:18

thank you to all three for your answers i will see
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 21/03/18, 20:21

denis17 wrote:Bonsoir
For me, I think you should keep the topsoil, the "first 20 cm or so", if it has not yet been done. If there is clay soil, several choices are available to you:
1 / have it evacuated
2 / spread it out and add the topsoil of your land on top
3 / If there is not too much, spread it out where you will make your garden "in phenoculture" : Wink: and therefore cover with hay (personally I spread a small thickness in some places and it does)

Denis

be careful when building, the earthwork at the end of construction is generally not included in the price, at home I was entitled to a small earthwork because in the contract was stipulated "earthwork so as to access the accommodation" the Pb is that my front door was 2m from the ground : Mrgreen: suddenly they brought in a bull, but behind one of the French doors was 2m above the ground : Twisted:
So like a bull, it's on time, as good as you say, watch out for my topsoil ... well, it's not you who pays
I brought a bull back and paid from my pocket to set up the land, but in this case well you spread the heap that remains
so if you can see the problem before it's much better

luckily the part where I make my vegetable garden is the one that received the least amount of clay, but there is still a difference between the 2 strips one almost did not have one and the other a little, the color the land is not the same, I tried to improve each year, but it was long because I did not know the phenoculture, otherwise I would have put hay, hay and more hay
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)