My kitchen garden of the least effort

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: My kitchen garden of the least effort

by Did67 » 11/01/22, 10:25

phil53 wrote:I do cross planting. It doesn't always work, depending on the weather sometimes it has one that takes the lead and stifles the other. This often happens to me. But I like it because I have too small an area, it is sometimes dense like a forest. It's all mixed up. Thanks to the pp technique, there is food for everyone and also it shows my neighbor gardeners that it works very well.

This is THE BIG DIFFICULT: you never know in advance what the weather will be. What works well one year does not work the same the following year. Hence my aversion to "ready-made recipes". Apart from the fact that they numb fears like Doliprane crushes pain, they are necessarily an "average" ...

Since the beginning of humanity, men have failed ... Undergo the "great plagues" (which ensured the popularity of the gods who provoked them and of their representatives on earth, who were offered chickens to arrange things .. .).

To come back to cultures that intersect, we have to tell ourselves that without that, we would have only one anyway. It is better to have one + a little failed! A little extra radish ... Well, when too many radishes choke the carrots, that's another thing - then it's a matter of helping out with the sowing (the difficulty, there, is to imagine that each seed is potentially a radish 2 cm in diameter; without imagining, everyone puts at least 5 times too much!).
2 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 11/01/22, 11:05

Doris wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:I prepare my bulbils in a box, it's easy and it does not take up space, I don't put on pounds and so I have seedlings and bulbils, it's also for the fun side, to try things, see if it works, the bulbils are also very easy to plant, I have to think about myself, what I am able to do physically, the lazy man's vegetable garden, it is not only not working the soil and the soil alive is really doing as little as possible, or very little every day : Mrgreen: I don't have a very small vegetable garden just for lack of space ...

Ok, there I understood your approach. You leave them in boxes until you get the bulbils, right? I'll see if I don't try this year's sachet bottoms, since the year after that doesn't lift well. And that's for sure, planting bulbils is easier than sowing in the ground.

be careful because we harvest green, and therefore they should not be harvested too big, in fact smaller than what you are going to plant, because the bulb still grows when drying, it takes at least 3 weeks for the foliage to turn yellow and therefore the bulb still feeds during this period and therefore it grows
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 11/01/22, 11:11

Did67 wrote:
phil53 wrote:I do cross planting. It doesn't always work, depending on the weather sometimes it has one that takes the lead and stifles the other. This often happens to me. But I like it because I have too small an area, it is sometimes dense like a forest. It's all mixed up. Thanks to the pp technique, there is food for everyone and also it shows my neighbor gardeners that it works very well.

This is THE BIG DIFFICULT: you never know in advance what the weather will be. What works well one year does not work the same the following year. Hence my aversion to "ready-made recipes". Apart from the fact that they numb fears like Doliprane crushes pain, they are necessarily an "average" ...

Since the beginning of humanity, men have failed ... Undergo the "great plagues" (which ensured the popularity of the gods who provoked them and of their representatives on earth, who were offered chickens to arrange things .. .).

To come back to cultures that intersect, we have to tell ourselves that without that, we would have only one anyway. It is better to have one + a little failed! A little extra radish ... Well, when too many radishes choke the carrots, that's another thing - then it's a matter of helping out with the sowing (the difficulty, there, is to imagine that each seed is potentially a radish 2 cm in diameter; without imagining, everyone puts at least 5 times too much!).

Hence my preference for boxes, I don't yet have a greenhouse or a frame, we can "control" the weather a little more, or at least suffer it a little less.
smaller land means not too much space so I can transplant rather than sow, although sometimes broadcast sowing is really fast and efficient, I forget the notion of row or row in general
0 x
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 11/01/22, 11:57

Moindreffor wrote:be careful because we harvest green, and therefore they should not be harvested too big, in fact smaller than what you are going to plant, because the bulb still grows when drying, it takes at least 3 weeks for the foliage to turn yellow and therefore the bulb still feeds during this period and therefore it grows

Thanks for the info, I'll try
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 11/01/22, 12:23

Moindreffor wrote:
be careful because we harvest green, and therefore they should not be harvested too big ...

Eh yes ! They even have to be harvested as small as possible, around 15/17 mm in diameter (from memory). The larger the bulb, the more sensitive we will be to the vernalization of the plants they form!

If they sell us bigger ones anyway, it's just marketing. After sorting, it is better to dispose of everything. But in a store, always take the little ones! In addition, for the same weight, you will have more!

Another counterintuitive thing.
2 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 25/02/22, 16:38

several days of blue sky, but as I come back from the hospital it's still rest
operation went very well, suddenly quickly put out but it's hard hard at home
happy gardening to you all
0 x
(of me)
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 25/02/22, 17:07

Moindreffor wrote:several days of blue sky, but as I come back from the hospital it's still rest

Recover well and avoid talking to idiots, you will be less stressed!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/02/22, 17:23

Moindreffor wrote:several days of blue sky, but as I come back from the hospital it's still rest

Courage.

It reminds me of my difficult times, when I sat in the vegetable garden in a contemplative / meditative mode...
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 25/02/22, 18:58

It's sure, hosto and house are not the same. If it went well, that's the main thing for now, rest well, good luck to you
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 25/02/22, 19:23

A little hello, and get well!
0 x