My kitchen garden of the least effort

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: My kitchen garden of the least effort

by Doris » 15/12/21, 08:41

sicetaitsimple wrote:I know that I sometimes repeat, but keeping a "garden notebook", with the dates of sowing, planting, harvest, is still a good tool to avoid repeating from one year to the next. the other the same date errors. Especially if you have a relatively small area, it doesn't take a long time to fill.
Of course, that does not protect against the vagaries of the weather! But to go wrong by 2, 3 weeks or a month, early or late, it's a shame to do it again from one year to the next. And memory is sometimes (often) very volatile ....

Fully agree. I've been doing it for two years now, sometimes I forget to write down something, but the essentials are still there.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 24/12/21, 13:29

Doris wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:I know that I sometimes repeat, but keeping a "garden notebook", with the dates of sowing, planting, harvest, is still a good tool to avoid repeating from one year to the next. the other the same date errors. Especially if you have a relatively small area, it doesn't take a long time to fill.
Of course, that does not protect against the vagaries of the weather! But to go wrong by 2, 3 weeks or a month, early or late, it's a shame to do it again from one year to the next. And memory is sometimes (often) very volatile ....

Fully agree. I've been doing it for two years now, sometimes I forget to write down something, but the essentials are still there.

it's one of the things that I program, I buy a notebook, then I leave it lying around, I get it stung by my wife or my son, suddenly I have to buy one, after I take it down to the garden , but like an idiot, I forget to take down something to write, after well comes the autumn with all that so I put the notebook back up because it's wet I put the notebook back up which mysteriously disappears again : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 24/12/21, 13:53

Moindreffor wrote:it's one of the things that I program, I buy a notebook, then I leave it lying around, I get it stung by my wife or my son, suddenly I have to buy one, after I take it down to the garden , but like an idiot, I forget to take down something to write, after well comes the autumn with all that so I put the notebook back up because it's wet I put the notebook back up which mysteriously disappears again : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Welcome : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
My first attempts at a garden notebook all looked like this, until one day my mechanic as end-of-year gifts gave me a mini notepad with a small pencil attached, it fits in a pocket, though. I have something to write down quickly, it's inside, and I transfer afterwards to the notebook, which I keep in a safe place, away from my husband and my thoughtlessness : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 24/12/21, 14:10

Doris wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:it's one of the things that I program, I buy a notebook, then I leave it lying around, I get it stung by my wife or my son, suddenly I have to buy one, after I take it down to the garden , but like an idiot, I forget to take down something to write, after well comes the autumn with all that so I put the notebook back up because it's wet I put the notebook back up which mysteriously disappears again : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Welcome : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
My first attempts at a garden notebook all looked like this, until one day my mechanic as end-of-year gifts gave me a mini notepad with a small pencil attached, it fits in a pocket, though. I have something to write down quickly, it's inside, and I transfer afterwards to the notebook, which I keep in a safe place, away from my husband and my thoughtlessness : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

bug a notebook I'm already struggling, so a pocket notebook plus a notebook, I will have to raise my level of organization, that will be the 2022 challenge, well after that level of energy consumption is at my level : Mrgreen:

otherwise, I had good news for the rest of my chemo, I start counting the cures before the end, so it's pretty good sign
0 x
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 24/12/21, 14:48

Moindreffor wrote:otherwise, I had good news for the rest of my chemo, I start counting the cures before the end, so it's pretty good sign

Yesssss, happy for you, have a good Christmas in good company
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 24/12/21, 15:11

Have a good Christmas

A notebook ?

Since I am experimenting all the time I gave up.

One day ... maybe, things will freeze but in the end we do not have many different cultures, so all that will easily fit in the head (well, we have to hope)
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 24/12/21, 15:13

Doris wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:otherwise, I had good news for the rest of my chemo, I start counting the cures before the end, so it's pretty good sign

Yesssss, happy for you, have a good Christmas in good company

please
a good Christmas yes, but not too surrounded, that's how the family
only father and mother so no uncle or aunt, even less cousins
0 x
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 24/12/21, 15:19

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Have a good Christmas

A notebook ?

One day ... maybe, things will freeze but in the end we do not have many different cultures, so all that will easily fit in the head (well, we have to hope)

Moindreffor is right (on the main thread), you really are an artist of laziness : Cheesy:
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 24/12/21, 15:24

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Have a good Christmas

A notebook ?

Think again, all researchers have an experimentation notebook, I have a fond memory when my university teacher offered me my first experimentation notebook when I started my research training

So, note well, your experiments you will learn a lot to reread them
0 x
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 24/12/21, 15:24

Moindreffor wrote:please
a good Christmas yes, but not too surrounded, that's how the family
only father and mother so no uncle or aunt, even less cousins

Theoretically, we would be a little more numerous at home, but there is a lot of anti this, anti that, anti thing, and anti anti, so ultimately it will be the two of us surrounded by ourselves, as well as our faithful four-way companions. paws, who do not give a damn about the pros or the anti, and we will be at peace : Wink:
0 x
Edmond Rostand