My kitchen garden of the least effort

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: My kitchen garden of the least effort

by Did67 » 11/08/21, 13:30

Doris wrote:And there you go, well according to I cook it with potato, mystery solved

Warning: I don't mean to say that it doesn't work !!!

I explain that the mechanism invoked does not hold. But there may be another explanation - which could be that bacteria in the microbiota used to feeding on leftover potatoes won't tire themselves out breaking down inulin (which are fibers that will then break down). concentrate in our faeces - our poo). I do not know. It's just to say that it can work. But otherwise.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 11/08/21, 21:15

Did67 wrote:
Doris wrote:And there you go, well according to I cook it with potato, mystery solved

Warning: I don't mean to say that it doesn't work !!!

I explain that the mechanism invoked does not hold. But there may be another explanation - which could be that bacteria in the microbiota used to feeding on leftover potatoes won't tire themselves out breaking down inulin (which are fibers that will then break down). concentrate in our faeces - our poo). I do not know. It's just to say that it can work. But otherwise.

unfortunately this is often the case, we explain something that works but not with the right arguments
what is interesting is that Doris, who cooks her Jerusalem artichokes with potatoes, has no gas, so the culinary association is beneficial, after the why and how is it really essential : Mrgreen: but indeed for intellectual honesty, it is good to dismantle false assertions

good otherwise I cut all the tomato plants, I try to save the cherry tomatoes which were not too attacked, but some plants went through it in a few days, because here it is 2 or 3 heavy showers per day for weeks, today first day without rain but it will not last return of the rains announced for Monday
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 11/08/21, 23:59

As you pollute my thread, reciprocity is customary.
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------

Moindreffor wrote:
As an excellent film with Daniel Auteuil shows on eloquence, the last argument to try to gain the upper hand is the insult.
you are all there at this level, I just regret such a lack of education for someone who must be old enough to pass for a wise man

worry you can continue to post your photos, it will not come to me anymore; I also have the idea to take a look

to be jealous of your results, would mean that I will still be playing the one who pisses the furthest, it has been a long time since I left the schoolyard
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------- end of Moindreffor's message ------------------------- -------------------------------------------------

My answer :

I do not want to take the upper hand in any way. You're saying nonsense. And very smart is the one who knows my age! Would you also be a diviner?
For wisdom: the day you can refer to this virtue, the hens will have teeth.

I didn't insult you: where do you see that I called you an asshole or a little shit?

You did say that you were annoyed by my tofs: I do not post pictures in order to impress anyone. I show what can be achieved by practicing natural gardening. But as you are quite incapable, otherwise we would know because you would have demonstrated it, to do the same, slowly you began to express your annoyance which is only the antechamber of jealousy, a step that you take many times times crossed. Please don't take me for a fool.
I do not post in order to collect a maximum of likes like you, I do not care whether you or others skip the thread. Besides, I could post wherever I want, the opportunities are numerous.

"I will still be playing the one who pisses the furthest away, it's been a long time since I left the schoolyard", you are right because to do that you must first take off your diapers and that, above all, you learn to write without mistakes.
1 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 12/08/21, 10:49

Moindreffor wrote:what is interesting is that Doris, who cooks her Jerusalem artichokes with potatoes, has no gas, so the culinary association is beneficial, after the why and how is it really essential : Mrgreen: but indeed for intellectual honesty, it is good to dismantle false assertions

I am okay. And above all, the association is very good, in gratin dauphinois it's fabulous, that's how I managed to make my husband love Jerusalem artichokes. He had some bad childhood memories, when there was only that at times and squash to eat, after a while it calms down. My Jerusalem artichokes reappeared this year, last year I had not seen them, maybe they were there but they remained puny, at least this year there are some.
Moindreffor wrote:good otherwise I cut all the tomato plants, I try to save the cherry tomatoes which were not too attacked, but some plants went through it in a few days, because here it is 2 or 3 heavy showers per day for weeks, today first day without rain but it will not last return of the rains announced for Monday

Here I gradually cut the tomatoes from which there is nothing more to hope for, I harvest a little more, a few plants have also recovered, but here we are, we announced a fortnight of real summer, and there is the thunderstorm that rumbles, and it's black on the ocean : Mrgreen: . Me that's fine with me, just to say, that I did well to attack many seedlings for the fall and winter. I was skeptical about the spinach and lamb's lettuce, but I think I could go too.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 12/08/21, 20:05

Doris wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:what is interesting is that Doris, who cooks her Jerusalem artichokes with potatoes, has no gas, so the culinary association is beneficial, after the why and how is it really essential : Mrgreen: but indeed for intellectual honesty, it is good to dismantle false assertions

I am okay. And above all, the association is very good, in gratin dauphinois it's fabulous, that's how I managed to make my husband love Jerusalem artichokes. He had some bad childhood memories, when there was only that at times and squash to eat, after a while it calms down. My Jerusalem artichokes reappeared this year, last year I had not seen them, maybe they were there but they remained puny, at least this year there are some.
Moindreffor wrote:good otherwise I cut all the tomato plants, I try to save the cherry tomatoes which were not too attacked, but some plants went through it in a few days, because here it is 2 or 3 heavy showers per day for weeks, today first day without rain but it will not last return of the rains announced for Monday

Here I gradually cut the tomatoes from which there is nothing more to hope for, I harvest a little more, a few plants have also recovered, but here we are, we announced a fortnight of real summer, and there is the thunderstorm that rumbles, and it's black on the ocean : Mrgreen: . Me that's fine with me, just to say, that I did well to attack many seedlings for the fall and winter. I was skeptical about the spinach and lamb's lettuce, but I think I could go too.

I'm there too, but not the super form, to get started, I harvest and I take care of putting it in storage, it's already not bad, zucchini and cucumbers, and there the blackberries begin to ripen, it must take care of the onions and garlic

I collected a lot of small pieces of garlic on the stems, I don't know when to put them in the ground, before or after winter, Doris you who already tried even with your different climate you had done what?

otherwise I have beans that rise
0 x
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 13/08/21, 08:29

Are you talking about bulbils from the inflorescence? If that's it, I put them when planting my garlic, that is to say ideally at home in January. No need to rush, in the first year it is only for the consumption in green and the harvest of the big single cayeux, which will give you a head the following year.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 13/08/21, 10:15

Doris wrote:Are you talking about bulbils from the inflorescence? If that's it, I put them when planting my garlic, that is to say ideally at home in January. No need to rush, in the first year it is only for the consumption in green and the harvest of the big single cayeux, which will give you a head the following year.

There are some "at the end" of these false inflorescences, but sometimes also in the middle of the stem. I've had quite a few of this second type this year. I wonder if this is not a "second growth". The number of pods having been determined very early on, the foot is found with biomass that it does not know where to move ??? Pure guesswork on my part ...

Yes, I will plant them in the early spring (winter exit), to make single bulbs, to consume or replant to make split heads ...

[Remember that garlic multiplies vegetatively and that there is a risk of "degeneration" which is in fact the development of diseases (viroses) or parasites (nematodes, which survive on the heads / pods in the "roots "). Gradually, the yields decrease (it is variable according to the varieties, some having tolerances). The "bulbils" we are talking about make it possible to "regenerate" a variety, knowing that vegetative reproduction strictly preserves the genetic heritage, which is therefore not involved during this "degeneration"! It just takes a bit of organization to know, in the pods that we use for breeding, who is who - so who is 1st generation, 2nd, 3rd, etc ... It seems obvious, but every year when I'm going to plant, I don't know anymore because I don't label the "crates" in which I keep my garlic. The easiest way is to separate your "seeds" immediately after harvest, and to label. I know the solutions, but who knows why I don't do what I say!]
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 13/08/21, 10:27

Did67 wrote:
Doris wrote:Are you talking about bulbils from the inflorescence? If that's it, I put them when planting my garlic, that is to say ideally at home in January. No need to rush, in the first year it is only for the consumption in green and the harvest of the big single cayeux, which will give you a head the following year.

There are some "at the end" of these false inflorescences, but sometimes also in the middle of the stem. I've had quite a few of this second type this year. I wonder if this is not a "second growth". The number of pods having been determined very early on, the foot is found with biomass that it does not know where to move ??? Pure guesswork on my part ...

Yes, I will plant them in the early spring (winter exit), to make single bulbs, to consume or replant to make split heads ...

[Remember that garlic multiplies vegetatively and that there is a risk of "degeneration" which is in fact the development of diseases (viroses) or parasites (nematodes, which survive on the heads / pods in the "roots "). Gradually, the yields decrease (it is variable according to the varieties, some having tolerances). The "bulbils" we are talking about make it possible to "regenerate" a variety, knowing that vegetative reproduction strictly preserves the genetic heritage, which is therefore not involved during this "degeneration"! It just takes a bit of organization to know, in the pods that we use for breeding, who is who - so who is 1st generation, 2nd, 3rd, etc ... It seems obvious, but every year when I'm going to plant, I don't know anymore because I don't label the "crates" in which I keep my garlic. The easiest way is to separate your "seeds" immediately after harvest, and to label. I know the solutions, but who knows why I don't do what I say!]

thanks to you two,
they are bulbils from the middle of the stem, as Didier points out and not at the very top, I sometimes even had two groups on the same foot : Mrgreen: one big and one very small, so early spring is fine for planting

I had luck this year no rust or very little on my garlic
0 x
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 13/08/21, 11:54

Did67 wrote:There are some "at the end" of these false inflorescences, but sometimes also in the middle of the stem. I've had quite a few of this second type this year. I wonder if this is not a "second growth". The number of pods having been determined very early on, the foot is found with biomass that it does not know where to move ??? Pure guesswork on my part ...

It's true for me too, I've had a lot of these side bulbils this year, it's even the first time I've had any here.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/08/21, 01:07

Moindreffor wrote:they are mid-stem bulbils

These things are sown very well but be careful if my memory serves me well, it takes 2 years before producing.

I had put some in the coffers ... but after 2 years think if I had forgotten where ...

A small benchmark is welcome for these long-term seedlings.
0 x