My kitchen garden of the least effort

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: My kitchen garden of the least effort

by Moindreffor » 25/09/20, 20:32

ENERC wrote:I wasn't sure where to post this:
France passes the milestone of 10.000 agricultural robots in service

8.000 milking robots, 2.000 robots dedicated to managing feed and livestock effluents, 100 market garden robots, mainly used for weeding, and around ten specimens in the vineyard: this is the panorama of agricultural robotics, in France, at the dawn of the 2020s.
https://www.pleinchamp.com/actualite/la ... en-service

Only 100 market garden robots ... it will surely increase quickly and why not reach our gardens. Hopefully it will be less stupid than the robot vacuum cleaner that gets stuck in the carpet.
It promises us funny videos in our gardens : Mrgreen:

the connected vegetable garden already exists, as well as the vegetable garden robot, before the COVID, I was thinking about the subject to install one at home, so it happened, the project remains just that the sanitary situation becomes acceptable again
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 26/09/20, 08:40

Speaking of the arrangements in your vegetable garden, have you been able to try out drippers that work without any pressure?
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 26/09/20, 12:13

Doris wrote:Speaking of the arrangements in your vegetable garden, have you been able to try out drippers that work without any pressure?

they are still in the box, September is not a good time here ...
so we're gonna wait for it to fall into place and I'll try that and keep you posted
today I tinkered a bit it was a long time since it had happened, so the machine restarts slowly
1 x
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 26/09/20, 18:19

It's the "Blumat", or am I still mixing up discussions ???

I think I'll try that too. I saw that we could "derive" several lines after a "carrot" ...

My idea is in fact to put a "carrot" at the beginning of a weeping pipe (therefore by "enlarging" the small tube) ...
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 26/09/20, 18:40

Did67 wrote:It's the "Blumat", or am I still mixing up discussions ???

I think I'll try that too. I saw that we could "derive" several lines after a "carrot" ...

My idea is in fact to put a "carrot" at the beginning of a weeping pipe (therefore by "enlarging" the small tube) ...

yes you still mix : Mrgreen: me it's just drippers without the need for pressure, but which do not adjust according to the dryness of the soil, although I think that we must be able to adapt a carrot on the line, once that so installed, to try
0 x
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 26/09/20, 19:10

OK ... I sometimes jump from rooster to donkey, so I confuse ducks ...

Ordinary, basic "drippers" operate without minimum pressure. Simply, the flow is no longer the "nominal" flow (the one indicated on the packaging). I use either pipes with integrated drippers [type: https://agrifournitures.fr/systeme-gout ... 00b1703a12], or adjustable drippers (which allow me to correct the pressure differences) such as: https://www.gardena.com/fr/outils-jardi ... 966494301/

The drippers that cause problems when you have, like me, very low pressure, are the so-called "self-regulating" drippers - they have, on installations of a certain size, the enormous advantage of "correcting" the variations in pressure. , between the beginning and the end of a line, between the top and the bottom of a parcel. But the disadvantage of having a trigger pressure of about 0,5 bars. So at home, they would not be triggered!

Example (without ads) of self-regulated drippers: https://agrifournitures.fr/systeme-gout ... c3200c79ae
or this one: https://www.gardena.com/fr/outils-jardi ... 901161101/
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 26/09/20, 19:14

mine are self-regulating without pressure, I have to find the name, there they are in the shed
0 x
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 29/09/20, 20:05

another harvest of green beans, enough to make 4 plates
my row bean test is a success, except for the oars, i did not climb high enough : Mrgreen: bag bought a misery at Lidl
it makes a nice shade, maybe too much in late summer early fall, but it must be ideal in summer, temperature measurements should be taken in front of back

I may have sown a little light, I will increase the density next year, beans sown in Cups and transplanted, on the other hand for those who think that the bean would bring fertility to a plant planted next to it, well, they don't care because the row bean has a stronger development than the dwarf bean, we see the impact of a lack of fertility, on the edge of the row, close to boxwoods the development is really less good , so the row bean to be a legume, it needs fertility to rise to more than 2m, this year I used 2m oars, with wire mesh, raised to 1,20m next year it will be oars of 2,50 m with netting over 2m, the stakes have to be driven in anyway : Mrgreen:

if not always rain and more rain, the cucumbers are over, the zucchini ditto, I will be able to harvest a few pumpkins, the last stalk is still quite green, the radishes or turnips are growing, maybe the lamb's lettuce raise, to be continued
0 x
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 30/09/20, 08:36

Moindreffor wrote:on the other hand for those who think that the bean would bring fertility to a plant planted next to it, well, they are screwing the finger in the eye

I never understood or believed that story, as you say the bean needs fertility to develop, I see it even with dwarves. So far I have always made several sets of kidney beans per season, usually three, because after three or four weeks it was no longer producing. This year, I am still on the same seedling, it is still producing, even if soon it is over. There is still a big difference in fertility. First year of row beans at home, conclusion: exceptional. At the initial construction I had to add bamboo stems to allow them to go up to three meters. In all I have 12 m of line of beans, I am at 17 kg of harvest, and it is not quite finished. The difference this year: the fertility of the soil, nothing more.
Otherwise the winter vegetables are slowly making their way, but it is still too hot, the lamb's lettuce is not even worth it. We will see in November maybe : Cheesy:
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 30/09/20, 09:10

Doris wrote: First year of row beans at home, conclusion: exceptional. At the initial construction I had to add bamboo stems to allow them to go up to three meters. In all I have 12 m of line of beans, I am at 17 kg of harvest, and it is not quite finished.

ah damn 3m, I'm going to be really too short with my useful 2m, well after 3m you have to go there to pick beans at this height, I shouldn't break my face for beans either : Oops:

it seems to me all the same that the row beans produce longer than the kidney beans, therefore interesting for a small surface like mine, with 2 "real" rows I should have a sufficient production in any case more important than with my little bit of this year rather sparse

in addition to make the installation of the oars profitable, I think I will put row peas at the start of the season, they are less cautious and that afterwards I would put beans in succession, but is it a good idea? by bringing a little fertility between the two it should do it, the fertility being able to be the plans of peas crushed on the spot and the roots left in the ground

do row peas go as high as green beans? no experience in this area
0 x
(of me)