My kitchen garden of the least effort

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: My kitchen garden of the least effort

by Doris » 17/05/20, 23:10

Did67 wrote:
Have you ever thrown too many plants and found them rooted a few days later?

Yes, in the past already, but I did not pay attention to it. This week I forgot some plants in one place (carelessness), today I wanted to plant them correctly, too late, the roots are done (in 5 days)
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/05/20, 00:11

Did67 wrote:Yesterday morning, + 1 °. This morning + 2 ° C. The minima go up slowly ...

But today, I also believe that everyone who squats my living room will go out ... We should still gain one or two degrees!

Damage to strawberry flowers and even berries: black!

But on raspberries: flowers located higher, perhaps less sensitive?

Damage on the regrowth of an ash tree (pruned in the background to make BRF) and on the vine (table grapes) ... Potato (my test of replanted germs in particular): roasted.

This year it's the world upside down ....

I have not closed the trunks at night for 15 days with eggplant and tomatoes ...

The greenhouse remains wide open at night with tomatoes and zucchini ...

When I hear your temperatures I tell myself that we have reversed the altitudes
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/05/20, 08:14

Doris wrote:
Yes, in the past already, but I did not pay attention to it. This week I forgot some plants in one place (carelessness), today I wanted to plant them correctly, too late, the roots are done (in 5 days)

So you know my song: the answer to the question "how to make it grow" is in nature! Nothing...
0 x
taam
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by taam » 18/05/20, 08:58

Hello,
When I hear your temperatures I tell myself that we have reversed the altitudes
Yes, on average the temperature drops with altitude, except when there is an inversion (mass of hot air above the cold mass below, and in between it rubs hard). Phenomenon observed in the Alps in recent days.
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 18/05/20, 17:16

Did67 wrote:
So you know my song: the answer to the question "how to make it grow" is in nature! Nothing...

This is what I do more and more: nothing. This year is the first, where I do not water when I install the seedlings, under the hay the ground is still very wet and fresh, no plant was hung up, except the cucurbits, and it was not a problem of water but overwhelming heat for two days following their arrival in the garden, so I sprinkled with sprinklers, to cool. If this heat stroke had been announced, I would have postponed the planting, but we were here 5 degrees above the forecast, and without any cloud, which was not expected either.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 18/05/20, 19:47

Hello
the tomatoes transplanted yesterday without watering are doing very well, so cool
this afternoon potting small homemade plants, cherry tomato (small) and black Crimean tomato (still very small) but it will grow : Mrgreen:
continuing to transplant tomatoes later

i have corn rising
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 18/05/20, 21:40

Moindreffor wrote:Hello
the tomatoes transplanted yesterday without watering are doing very well, so cool
this afternoon potting small homemade plants, cherry tomato (small) and black Crimean tomato (still very small) but it will grow

I took 37 minutes to explain this in my last video!
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 19/05/20, 17:35

Did67 wrote:
this afternoon potting small homemade plants, cherry tomato (small) and black Crimean tomato (still very small) but it will grow

I took 37 minutes to explain this in my last video!

I remembered well that you did it without watering, Sicetaisimple made me doubt but I also before I did the same I watered systematically, this year I saw that it was wet so I decided not to water, and yes indeed it does not play
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/05/20, 19:43

Moindreffor wrote:I remembered that you did it without watering, Sicetaisimple made me doubt but me too before I did the same I watered systematically, this year I saw that it was wet so I decided not to water, and yes indeed it does not play

You will excuse me! But as specified in my previous post the object is not so much, from my point of view, to water in the sense of bringing abundant water, but rather to immediately ensure good contact between the clod and the ground, filling in any gaps that for one reason or another would have remained. This is certainly more true for other bare root plantations.
But we are not going to make it a cheese! Have a good season!
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 20/05/20, 07:35

This is something that I am particularly happy with this year, and which opens up a window of optimism for a future with more drought in a context of sandy soil. I transplanted my tomatoes long before Didier's last video, and when I felt the humidity of the soil, I brought the watering can home. For three weeks they have been installed, no watering since (put in perspective, because I had the heavy rain of 11/12 May), outside the vegetable garden it is dry. I have a good borehole, but I don't like to waste water (and nothing says that it will remain effective, last summer in my area we lost 1,5 m of water in the wells, filled since, but good).
0 x
Edmond Rostand