My garden of the mega-lazy in the 63!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Lolounette
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: My mega-lazy garden in the 63!

by Lolounette » 10/12/17, 13:41

yes frankly it looks good and makes a good complement to a larger thermal chainsaw ...

after I'm a little sad that Makita did not have a brushless motor as is the case on the conventional chainsaw and the unplugger, it is also what complicated my choice. With my bowl he will surely release a new brushless model in 2018 as usual! : Lol:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/12/17, 15:14

Yes. At the same time, it is not a TGV engine or Zoe, which makes billions of turns ... Before you have used your brooms, you may have downed the job and it may be to be nickel, in your jungle ???

The good old corded electrical tools were not "brushless" either ... and the good brands lasted!
0 x
Lolounette
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Lolounette » 11/12/17, 11:14

yes that's what I said finally but a good brushless motor can also gain in lightness and performance in addition to longevity, so for battery hardware I would have preferred even if it implies an additional cost to the purchase ...
0 x
torrent sites
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by torrent sites » 11/12/17, 20:26

Makita is a good choice. I have some machines from home and it's really tough. There are only batteries that I find do not hold in the long run (that's still a few years), especially if there has been a long period of immobilization.

In terms of protection for the chainsaw, I have jeans that remember that I did not have anti-cut pants (thankfully it was wide).
Regarding the rebound, a friend to a neighbor, who was a seasoned chainsaw user, made the unfortunate experience. His face is a good sales pitch for the visor helmet. It is true that he did not have the instant stop of the chain, but when the time came he would have had the reflex to let go of the accelerator? I already had rebounds (lucklessly), but I did not have the time or the reflex to release the accelerator.

If you can, invest in the protections that are going well : Wink:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/12/17, 20:56

Torrent, you write:
His face is a good sales pitch for the visor helmet.

Unfortunately, neither the visor nor the helmet are of much use during a "kick back", since the chain moves upwards (it moves away from the engine block, towards the nose of the guide), which lift the helmet ... : roll:
As for the reflex to drop the accelerator at the moment, I fully agree with you: better not to rely on it because everything happens very quickly (what can save is that the head is not not in the path of the blade) ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/12/17, 20:57

Torrent, you write:
His face is a good sales pitch for the visor helmet.

Unfortunately, neither the visor nor the helmet are of much use during a "kick back", since the chain moves upwards (it moves away from the engine block, towards the nose of the guide), which lift the helmet ... : roll:
As for the reflex to drop the accelerator at the moment, I fully agree with you: better not to rely on it because everything happens very quickly (what can save is that the head is not not in the path of the blade) ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
torrent sites
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by torrent sites » 11/12/17, 21:49

You are not wrong about the direction of rotation of the chain : Oops:
I used to have a construction helmet with chinstrap at work, that's why I said that. Although the chinstrap would not hold maybe not long ..
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/12/17, 00:13

Ahmed wrote:As for the reflex to drop the accelerator at the moment, I fully agree with you: better not to rely on it because everything happens very quickly (what can save is that the head is not not in the path of the blade) ...

With "normal" chainsaws (not pruning), it is the chain brake that plays in this "kick back" situation ... Visually (image), this "hybrid" Makita has one; I saw the bar that is in front of the forearm of the left hand, above the side handle, if I'm not mistaken ...

It remains diabolical gear, but the helmet also has the function of protecting the small branch that taps in the eye and makes you make a gesture to remove it, to have a second of inattention, etc ... But I do not have any either!
0 x
Lolounette
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Lolounette » 12/12/17, 11:30

yes there is a chain brake but I admit I did not understand its usefulness until your remark Didier : Lol:

Otherwise I put the helmet in my virtual basket when I made my order but finally I removed at the last moment saying it was better that I try it before buying ...
In addition to the cutting of branches on the ground the protection of the head seems less necessary than when you fell trees, I always work with protective lights and frankly saw the little noise produced by the gear hearing protection n is not necessary ...

I could be wrong but I think that given the low speed of the chain of this small chainsaw (8 m / s against 20 for the big one) the possible rebounds must be less violent? they say that the chain is "anti-rebound", is it pipe?

short if I have to equip myself I think it would be with special cuffs chainsaw up to the elbow and leggings anti cut but I'm still thinking ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/12/17, 15:26

It is clear that the maximum danger is for slaughter.

On the ground, being calm and rested, we can limit the risk enormously. Anti-cut trousers and safety shoes (we quickly do not see that the blade attacks the shoe by cutting from above, one leg forward!) Are then the basic protections.

Indeed, lower speed and "anti-rebound" chain also limit ... The simplest being to attack well on the flat, from above or below depending on whether the slot will open (the piece that comes off will fall) or that it will close (the piece being cut is cantilevered: it rests at both ends, and we cut in the middle).
0 x