My beginnings in Saône et Loire

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Nikola
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

My beginnings in Saône et Loire

by Nikola » 07/05/21, 08:12

Bonjour.
After having "fallen" into "Le Potager du laesseux" at the very end of winter, I took the plunge ...
A meadow for more than 20 years where I conscientiously passed the mower every month except for the last three years, a profession which has always pushed me towards local seasonal products etc (despite the difficulties linked to the reluctance of my employers; I am a cook) and health concerns that force me to be lazy!

I am in Burgundy, to the north of the Saône et Loire, on the border with the Côte d'Or.
So I launched into trials for this year: launch at the end of March with personal and local recovery materials for hay.
In view of my late start I would "be satisfied" with local organic plants, large seeds, and a few tests "to see"

I "worked" like the damned (promised I would do it more) and so I have a lasagna (potato, onions, beans), a board (cucumbers, zucchini, spinach) three squares (tomatoes, radishes, carrots ), a mini board (salad, strawberries) a mound (shallots, beans, Swiss chard, Brussels sprouts, celery branch), a hot layer (pumpkin, crosnes, potato) and a green wedge (arugula, beets) thus j 'use spiral of aromatics.
Of course, not much was in place on this date ...

All over about 60m2ˋwith flat compost (I have also had a henhouse for a few years and a heap composter which helped me a lot to get started)

I reflect and above all do nothing on another place next door that I let live his life and for which I am collecting hay for this fall.
I spent time reading your posts, and there is plenty to inspire you!
The most difficult thing is to forget your work reflexes and to settle down (for me it is more a stool or a stump than a deckchair) while looking at what is happening in order to reflect on how to accompany this living ground. But my body knows how to call me to order when I try to do too much ...
Looking forward to reading you !
Attachments
BE246A47-9560-4BAF-939E-6901BF6D0BF2.jpeg
1B136BC1-40A1-4408-94F2-0C843DAD4388.jpeg
1B136BC1-40A1-4408-94F2-0C843DAD4388.jpeg (301.05 Kio) Consulté 2363 fois
44027307-6FEF-4A7C-BD1C-8E05BEC07818.jpeg
731E358B-5D1B-44E1-A6A1-EBC04B925A5D.jpeg
F9970A92-AD67-43B9-B201-9A0423F3836D.jpeg
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: My beginnings in Saône et Loire

by Moindreffor » 07/05/21, 12:12

Hello
welcome here
very perma design : Mrgreen: but nice, I like, good continuation, you are on the good hay : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 07/05/21, 12:41

Welcome, the first year can be disappointing in terms of production. Then it improves quickly
0 x
Nikola
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Nikola » 07/05/21, 13:21

Moindreffor wrote:Hello
very perma design : Mrgreen:

Exactly… but a work in several stages over several weeks with an idea in mind: how to circulate and achieve everything Moreover, I extended according to my desires-capacities.
And then Madame then asked me THE condition: I want it to be pretty and flowery.
So much the better, there are flowers sown everywhere (blue flax, cosmos, nasturtiums, etc.)
This year I'm only doing a few little things, "to see"
The part which will be extended next year will be much more “basic”: meadow + hay + furrows or mound.
I'll try a space for the asparagus. However, I think I have to work my soil for this implantation.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 07/05/21, 20:37

Nikola wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:Hello
very perma design : Mrgreen:

Exactly… but a work in several stages over several weeks with an idea in mind: how to circulate and achieve everything Moreover, I extended according to my desires-capacities.
And then Madame then asked me THE condition: I want it to be pretty and flowery.
So much the better, there are flowers sown everywhere (blue flax, cosmos, nasturtiums, etc.)
This year I'm only doing a few little things, "to see"
The part which will be extended next year will be much more “basic”: meadow + hay + furrows or mound.
I'll try a space for the asparagus. However, I think I have to work my soil for this implantation.

the buttes you can forget unless you need to exercise : Mrgreen: and for the asparagus, ask Didier where his is, without tillage : Mrgreen:

you really have to detox from work, you : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
1 x
(of me)
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 08/05/21, 11:14

For the asparagus, I put some without working the soil. A huge layer of hay and scythe.
Sometimes the technique of a container that leaves the asparagus that points away from the light and it rolls
1 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 08/05/21, 13:39

phil53 wrote:For the asparagus, I put some without working the soil. A huge layer of hay and scythe.
Sometimes the technique of a container that leaves the asparagus that points away from the light and it rolls

Small question for the future: I spent years working the soil this year, so there I did not stumble. But I understood correctly, that you stumble with hay and false brf?
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 08/05/21, 14:02

Doris wrote:
phil53 wrote:For the asparagus, I put some without working the soil. A huge layer of hay and scythe.

Small question for the future: I spent years working the soil this year, so there I did not stumble. But I understood correctly, that you stumble with hay and false brf?

Yes, I made a small cavity in the decaying layer then covered with a good layer of brf and hay. About 30 cm once settled by winter.
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 08/05/21, 15:14

Doris wrote:

well the story of the mound is that an asparagus is quite long, and if you want it to stay white, you have to climb even higher, otherwise the trick of the ground above, but not very aesthetic : Mrgreen: hence a very good thickness

you can earn a little with a minimum of work, you dig a little to put your claws, in addition I think that with you they will gain in humidity, sometimes, a fair work can be not useless : Mrgreen:
0 x
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 08/05/21, 15:37

Moindreffor wrote:you can earn a little with a minimum of work, you dig a little to put your claws, in addition I think that with you they will gain in humidity, sometimes, a fair work can be not useless : Mrgreen:

Indeed I buried them a tad, but I didn't make a slice like the rustica videos either, I just made planting holes, so I don't have enough soil to make the mounds. . I am starting to be well weaned from work and sufficiently drugged with laziness, not to venture too much into the toil : Cheesy:
1 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand