Earthworms ... it is how?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Earthworms it comes ... how?

by chatelot16 » 15/09/16, 21:12

the compost pile is not be a good way to cultivate to when you have a large plot a little desert ... if you can not water all the ground wet enough compost pile can be maintained to paradise to ... and when the weather permetra it will occupy the rest of the field and we will help them get around by moving the compost

home I do not have that problem ... I do not cultivated anything and everything grows ... the soil is alive and worms are abundant ... the turicules are enormous
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/09/16, 21:26

No. It does not work.

These are not the "good" worms. Under the compost heap, there are "épigés", a kind of big lazy people who gulp down organic matter, copulate like twisted ones, multiply massively ... This is why very quickly, there are many. But to help the gardener, they are "wankers" ...

Conversely, anecics are deep, dig vertical galleries, take out their heads at night, drag a bit of hay or leaf, which they macerate in depth before swallowing it with soil, bacteria ... They multiply very slowly. But their role in the "turbomixing" of soils is essential ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/09/16, 21:29

chatelot16 wrote: the soil is alive and worms are abundant ... the turicules are enormous

So these are the good ones! The anecics. You are a happy "worm breeder"! "They are the ones who garden for you. As long as you do not harm them! Touch nothing, bring hay to feed them continuously, protect their work (the well-structured soil, the galleries) and control weeds, plants and you will pick up with a shovel!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 15/09/16, 22:04

these are complicated to ... when we want to promote with a compost heap we have to good for nothing ... when one cultivates nothing, if not the ortieculture was an abundance .. .

if someone close to me needs to while I'm building a building, so that the floor surface will be lost, it is quite possible to carry the good land full of worms
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/09/16, 22:39

Too bad that "kna" is in the Southwest, if I am not mistaken!
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 18/09/16, 07:07

Hello,

I think we should be wary of potential invaders before moving earth over long distances.

As these killers to earthworms!
gardening / plathelminthe-land-a-new-invader-t12453.html

This article has already 3 years, that became these flatworms?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/09/16, 17:01

Flatworms are quite another family!

Once, indeed, large anecic lunch no longer exist in the north. It would be tempting ... but without doubt playing the sorcerer's apprentices!

On the other hand, when in a subdivision, a ground has been so denatured that the anecics have not succeeded in reclaiming it, it would be "reasonable" to look into their introduction (from the neighborhood).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/09/16, 17:10

dede2002 wrote:
As these killers to earthworms!
gardening / plathelminthe-land-a-new-invader-t12453.html

This article has already 3 years, that became these flatworms?

I found that ; maps updated in 2015

https://sites.google.com/site/jljjustin ... -miseajour

Please note, this card incorporates the 6 types of flatworms, not just invasive he issue there.

The detail is here:

https://sites.google.com/site/jljjustin ... sif/cartes
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 18/09/16, 18:37

Did67 wrote:Under the compost heap, there are "épigés", a kind of big lazy people who gobble up organic matter, copulate like twisted ones, multiply massively ... This is why very quickly, there are a lot of them. But to help the gardener, they are "wankers" ...

It's been years that I have a big wooden box in the garden for composting organic waste, and when I moved my compost to cover the fresh waste, it was mostly a small white multitudes to very thick (about 1 cm in diameter and about 2 cm long) and very large grubs (in 1 cm in diameter by 7 cm long), but very few earthworms.
rich meal protéïne.jpg

That said, the compost seemed pretty good: dark, light soil and fine as I emptied into the garden or vegetable garden.

One day a friend brought me a box containing small earthworms (supposedly specific for composting) he had taken from his compost and I put them in my compost. Since there are more big white worms in my compost but thousands of small earthworms for about 10 cm long. There's so much that when I stir the compost I feel stirring a huge plate of spaghetti.

I wonder if this new compost is different from the old, but the work of these small red worms is very efficient and very fast regarding reducing the volume of waste composted.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 18/09/16, 20:13

Large white grubs looks like worms stag beetle, they eat mainly wood.
I've already found in flower beds where they had put the cheap potting soil.
0 x