Agriculture: problems and pollution, new technologies and solutionsThe vegetable garden without getting tired

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
stephgouv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic
posts: 179
Registration: 18/10/19, 08:54
Location: Gouvy (B)
x 22

The vegetable garden without getting tired

Unread Messageby stephgouv » 23/02/20, 23:03

Finally there it is! I took the plunge. And what a step!
In order to make sure that I was going to do the right thing, I revised Didier's video.
I then planted 30t of garlic pebbles and a few large commercial potato sprouts (just for testing).
Real plants are waiting for the right season to be planted.
I still have trouble knowing when to sow what and when to transplant.
Another thing that I find it difficult to manage is the watering of the seedlings. Especially for salads, not many successes ...
But hey, I think that thanks to you for this year it will be a success. :D
20200222_165538.jpg
The ball has arrived
20200222_173247.jpg
20 minutes later
20200223_122915.jpg
Potato sprouts
0 x

Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 4382
Registration: 27/05/17, 22:20
Location: boundary between North and Aisne
x 737

Re: The vegetable garden without getting tired

Unread Messageby Moindreffor » 24/02/20, 09:17

pheno is practiced like any vegetable garden
you just have to know that the earth heats up less quickly, so 15 days of lag at the start that we catch up at the end
the hay prevents any adventitious emergence as sowing, so you have to open furrows to sow

for potato sprouts it's in a bucket with a little bit of soil on it, there is no reserve of the tuber
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear best"
(of me)
stephgouv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic
posts: 179
Registration: 18/10/19, 08:54
Location: Gouvy (B)
x 22

Re: The vegetable garden without getting tired

Unread Messageby stephgouv » 24/02/20, 09:47

Moindreffor wrote:for potato sprouts it's in a bucket with a little bit of soil on it, there is no reserve of the tuber

So I already "fucked up" ... I put everything in the ground with the dibber ...
In addition when I explained it to my mom (farmer's daughter), she told me that I will have nothing because I had to leave a piece of pdt with ... Info or intox?
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 4382
Registration: 27/05/17, 22:20
Location: boundary between North and Aisne
x 737

Re: The vegetable garden without getting tired

Unread Messageby Moindreffor » 24/02/20, 09:57

stephgouv wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:for potato sprouts it's in a bucket with a little bit of soil on it, there is no reserve of the tuber

So I already "fucked up" ... I put everything in the ground with the dibber ...
In addition when I explained it to my mom (farmer's daughter), she told me that I will have nothing because I had to leave a piece of pdt with ... Info or intox?

a little bit of potato, it's a little reserve, so why not
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear best"
(of me)
stephgouv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic
posts: 179
Registration: 18/10/19, 08:54
Location: Gouvy (B)
x 22

Re: The vegetable garden without getting tired

Unread Messageby stephgouv » 24/02/20, 10:22

That's what I told her.
In addition, seeing that I recovered these germs, it's free, so nothing lost. We'll see...
By cons where I need info (visual), it's the way to irrigate my seedlings.
I noticed that I no longer have to put my pumpkin / pumpkin seedlings with tomatoes and other salads in the same bin.
I tend to leave 1cm of water in the bottom of the tank and suddenly, only the squash / pumpkin seedlings appreciate. Tomatoes a little less and salads not at all.
So, I have to be more organized.
0 x

User avatar
Doris
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!
posts: 578
Registration: 15/11/19, 17:58
Location: Landes
x 120

Re: The vegetable garden without getting tired

Unread Messageby Doris » 24/02/20, 11:03

Like you, I tested sprouted potatoes or simply with the germ, before I really started, so 12 pdt of tests under about 40 cm of hay. The mild climate of this winter helping, everything grows, I just protect against white frosts.
Regarding sowing in pots, I only spray water, I do not let any plant stagnate in water.
0 x
"Come in only with your heart, bring nothing of the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
stephgouv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic
posts: 179
Registration: 18/10/19, 08:54
Location: Gouvy (B)
x 22

Re: The vegetable garden without getting tired

Unread Messageby stephgouv » 24/02/20, 11:30

Do you see a difference in size / quantity of harvest between single germ and pdt germinated in the ground?
Thanks for the spray tip, but I've always read and heard that you should avoid wetting the foliage (unless the spray is targeted under the 1st leaves?).

For sowing small seeds, I do this:
1) I fill my pots with 2cm of special potting soil 2cm from the edge
2) I let them wade 5-10min in 4-5cm of warm water
3) I sow and put about 0.5cm of potting soil on it and place them in my tray / growing container.
That's all.
For the quantifiable seeds, ditto, except that I make a hole with a skewer, push the seed in and close the hole.
So far I'm in the right place I think. Where I'm probably hurting too, is that I don't put a lid on my culture tank and therefore the water evaporates too quickly and suddenly, I have to "drown" the soil every day so that it is always humid at the end of the day, otherwise it is dry and cracks.
0 x
User avatar
Doris
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!
posts: 578
Registration: 15/11/19, 17:58
Location: Landes
x 120

Re: The vegetable garden without getting tired

Unread Messageby Doris » 24/02/20, 12:40

A planted potato tuber gives three or four stems, a planted germ gives a single stem, the cost we plant less spaced. I didn't do it at the start, but I added more since, my test started before Christmas, because I had found sprouted peelings outside. Of course it was very early, but as it was only for a test .... And of course it was already lifted, but it only has a small surface and I protect it with hay and veil of wintering against frost.
For spraying, do not take your head for the leaves, I have been doing this for 2 months without worries. And I cover my bins at the end of the afternoon, it's transparent bins with covers for DIY stores, so I cover if it's raining or if it's too cold, I open to let the air circulate when I want, and I rarely spray
0 x
"Come in only with your heart, bring nothing of the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 4382
Registration: 27/05/17, 22:20
Location: boundary between North and Aisne
x 737

Re: The vegetable garden without getting tired

Unread Messageby Moindreffor » 24/02/20, 13:12

stephgouv wrote:Do you see a difference in size / quantity of harvest between single germ and pdt germinated in the ground?
Thanks for the spray tip, but I've always read and heard that you should avoid wetting the foliage (unless the spray is targeted under the 1st leaves?).

For sowing small seeds, I do this:
1) I fill my pots with 2cm of special potting soil 2cm from the edge
2) I let them wade 5-10min in 4-5cm of warm water
3) I sow and put about 0.5cm of potting soil on it and place them in my tray / growing container.
That's all.
For the quantifiable seeds, ditto, except that I make a hole with a skewer, push the seed in and close the hole.
So far I'm in the right place I think. Where I'm probably hurting too, is that I don't put a lid on my culture tank and therefore the water evaporates too quickly and suddenly, I have to "drown" the soil every day so that it is always humid at the end of the day, otherwise it is dry and cracks.

it is necessary to put potting soil up to the top of the tank and especially not to let the potting soil dry, if your tank is a good ten cm high it should not dry too quickly after you can spray by letting the water take the room temperature when filling the sprayer always from the previous day
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear best"
(of me)
stephgouv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic
posts: 179
Registration: 18/10/19, 08:54
Location: Gouvy (B)
x 22

Re: The vegetable garden without getting tired

Unread Messageby stephgouv » 24/02/20, 13:14

Thank you for the info.
My seedlings are in a veranda which has a temperature of around 10-15 ° c in winter and goes up to 30 ° c as soon as there is a ray of sunshine. So not easy to manage when I'm not at home during the day ...
0 x




  • Similar topics
    Replies
    views
    Last message

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"

Who is online ?

Users browsing this forum : No registered users and 17 guests