The garden of a lazy we occasionally.

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: The lazy vegetable garden a we occasionally.

by olivier75 » 15/11/18, 20:48

Planting of potato sprouts.

Test completely missed, but with the dryness and on a bare ground surrounded by mustard .... some grew, but quickly disappeared, possibly retry in a rich soil, straw and without competition ..... in short there is more chances abandoned in compost, even on the surface.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/11/18, 22:00

I cut them in a terrine, like a seedling. And I pamper them a little - it goes fast! - before transplanting the young plants.
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 19/03/19, 15:30

Hello!

Resumption of posts after a winter far from forum but not really gardens.
I start with a special Ahmed with finally the purchase of a grinder in September, PTO version, with 5 or 6m3 of almost true brf (max 10cm) ground this winter, which allowed me to spread it over some aisles. The double would have been better ...
IMG_6773.JPG

Olivier
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/03/19, 15:56

Remember that BRF is a valuable ground cover - in the aisles, if you want to arrange them, poorer "products" do the trick: bark, wood chippings, etc.

The BRF is particularly well suited to red fruits - strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, etc.

Personally, the aisles, I prefer grassed, which facilitates the circulation of a few auxiliaries who thus find continuity between their living areas (tall grass) and cultivated boards ...
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 19/03/19, 17:19

Didier,

Yes, I don't forget, berries and new trees got them first. It's more that my aisles are small and close, more like your inter-rows, and that I do not doubt, given the low thickness (3cm), that there will still be spontaneous. In passages, the nitrogen hunger at the start will not be a problem or even weedkiller, and I am counting on "transverse" effects once the degradation has started.
IMG_0265.JPG
Unlike hay, the beginnings with the brf are more risky, it is, for me, a progressive and safer way to amend with the brf. I repeat that it is also to save me time and get rid of branches that I have in excess or that my neighbors would have burned ... Also that I will not be able or not durably to get enough hay, rearing earthworms being discredited by local farmers, I use the waste within my reach.

Olivier
1 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 19/03/19, 17:48

Semi bean at the planter.

This year we have sown the beans from the vegetable garden of the house in the dibble plant, 2 varieties with particularly few seeds, for multiplication. there is little hay left, which should be sufficient for this short crop. The leeks have been harvested twice, "à la paysanbio", they have suffered from the dry autumn and have always been puny.
IMG_0246.JPG
olive
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 19/03/19, 18:07

semi peas with cane to plant.

On March 3, in the valley vegetable garden, which has little or no hay, we sowed a line (it's long) of peas directly in the remains of phacelia in the fall, without touching anything. , it is line 5 on the photo with the white cap. The planting cane is rather heavy and handling with 2 hands, so 2 people. it was a solution that pleased, so order a cane to be sown, which must arrive before the next gardener. It seems to me a good solution with large seeds to avoid cutting hay, or working in planks. Corn, beans, peas, beans, soybeans etc, especially the one who prefers direct contact with the soil. Same technique for a piece of karmazin bean.
IMG_0268.JPG
Come on, you have to look for the pea! I saw that the coverage is too weak and did not take the time to weed (except the dandelions), result in a few months ...
Olivier
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 19/03/19, 18:28

thank you for the photos and welcome back Olivier,

it has interested me well your returns in past years. Cool to have tested the cane to plant. Good start to the season!
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 19/03/19, 18:42

The photos of the orchard's vegetable garden, March 8, 2019, which shrunk a bit this year to get away from the trees, with the same one on March 20, 18. It is much better prepared this year, spring onions and shallots, potatoes early, peas, pink Easter radishes, carrots and spinach have been put in place in recent holidays, the lines of tomatoes and pumpkins prepared with apples, hay and a little fresh chicken / rabbit manure recovered from a neighbor. There remains some "mower" hay and small bales for the year, the passages / alleys in parts with sawdust, (weed control test by nitrogen hunger and dryness, water slides on the sawdust towards the boards), part of the hay and part of the brf. 2 areas particularly attacked by the cinquefoil were covered in black tarpaulin for a few weeks, which I don't really like but which should also warm the ground before covering with hay.
IMG_0336.JPG
IMG_5079.JPG
Olivier
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 19/03/19, 19:06

The backyard vegetable garden on March 8.

A full vegetable garden on March 8! At the same time it is the smallest .... but with the remains of last year and the sowing / planting of these last holidays it quickly filled.
Lamb's lettuce, spinach, onions, garlic, shallots, carrots, chard, seed beets, salads spent the winter there, salads, onions, shallots, early potatoes, spinach, radishes, parsley, peas, green manure mixture and mustard, are planted, sown and transplanted this spring.
Well, 2/3 of the salads are eaten this winter, but it's 1/3 .... There is a bit of p17 on the lamb's lettuce to test, a small series of chassis to cover is in progress of manufacturing, with p17, shade cloth or anti cat mesh.
IMG_0339.JPG
IMG_0340.JPG

Thank you stef72, it's motivating!
Olivier
1 x