Lazy garden ... help

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Lazy Potager's Kitchen ... help

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 23/01/19, 19:31

Moindreffor wrote:I also have for other reasons to go on a diet without salt, sugar, fat : Evil:
well you do not have much left either
if you remove the salt completely in 15j you accept easily, and I could not eat any sausages I found it too salty, even that of the craftsman charcutier, I had to order my meat sausage without salt
for sugar it's a little longer, but I must say that I used sweetener so not a complete weaning

There are at least 20 years that I have removed any salt or sugar ADDED.

Not by mitilism or anything, which I am not in this area, but simply by taste.

For the salt I realized that the food had 95% another taste, in this case the LEUR when we did not salt them.

I kept it in small doses for radishes, foie gras : Mrgreen: and from time to time, when I think about it for the boiled sweet potato gloubi I like.

For sugar this has been longer especially for coffee.
I was at 2 sugars
So I spread it on 2 years.
1 half sugars first 6 months
1 sugar after a year ... etc
Now it would be impossible for me to drink a sweet coffee.

That said I think we exceed the prescribed dose of sugar and salt just by eating prepared foods.
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 23/01/19, 19:34

Did67 wrote:We do not pay attention to it: life expectancy is decreasing in the USA, the life expectancy of certain "social" categories is decreasing in Germany, France has experienced two episodes of decline in life expectancy ...

Yes ... rotten food, malnourished population which is a shame for the USA ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/01/19, 19:45

nico239 wrote:
I kept it in small doses for radishes, foie gras : Mrgreen: and from time to time, when I think about it for the boiled sweet potato gloubi I like.

I was at 2 sugars

That said I think we exceed the prescribed dose of sugar and salt just by eating prepared foods.

Me, sugar, I found it easy enough. The coffee, like you: undrinkable if it is sweet ... We made compotes nature - naturally, too sweet ... There are still some sweet preparations - a cake from time to time.

For salt, I have greatly reduced, but I put some. I find the bread without salt quite disgusting. I put a teaspoon for a wholemeal bread of 450 g of flour ... Pasta: a little ...
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 23/01/19, 20:34

Did67 wrote:
nico239 wrote:

I was at 2 sugars

Me, sugar, I found it easy enough. The coffee, like you: undrinkable if it is sweet ... We made compotes nature - naturally, too sweet ... There are still some sweet preparations - a cake from time to time.

For salt, I have greatly reduced, but I put some. I find the bread without salt quite disgusting. I put a teaspoon for a wholemeal bread of 450 g of flour ... Pasta: a little ...

like you, salt is not in anything that I cook myself, but I still eat things that I do not make, not yet reached this stage, but that's my goal, you just have to find the right ones recipes, not always easy to make yourself especially for an aperitif, it is a convivial moment that I like, I have often been disappointed by the preparations presented as "extra"

the bread without salt is actually infected : Mrgreen:

for sugar, it's more difficult, for me a coffee without sugar is undrinkable like what : Mrgreen: , I use honey, but I have a "dream" of having beehives, I have been postponing my training as a beekeeper for 2 years, too much agitation at home : Evil:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/01/19, 20:49

... too much agitation at home : Evil:

A real hive, in short! : Wink:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 23/01/19, 20:53

Ahmed wrote:
... too much agitation at home : Evil:

A real hive, in short! : Wink:

not a nest of vipers, I cumulate problems of all kinds since 2 years, but that's fine I'm going to have 4 months to take a break
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 23/01/19, 22:08

Did67 wrote:For salt, I have greatly reduced, but I put some. I find the bread without salt quite disgusting. I put a teaspoon for a wholemeal bread of 450 g of flour ... Pasta: a little ...

Oh yes for the bread must I ask Ms. ...

Oh no pasta but I put some parmesan so .... Image
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/01/19, 11:04

Ah yes, the other one ... (as they say). With Parmesan (we are, with pressed pasta, in the most salty cheese)! Me, no cheese in the kitchen - generally speaking. From time to time, mainly on second-hand occasions, "extras": "organic" Camembert, a bit of blue, etc ... And there, I also take out the bottle of red (I just came across a wine from the south "organic and no added sulphites" - quite honest, I think).
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 24/01/19, 11:48

Did67 wrote:Ah yes, the other one ... (as they say). With Parmesan (we are, with pressed pasta, in the most salty cheese)! Me, no cheese in the kitchen - generally speaking. From time to time, mainly on second-hand occasions, "extras": "organic" Camembert, a bit of blue, etc ... And there, I also take out the bottle of red (I just came across a wine from the south "organic and no added sulphites" - quite honest, I think).

I also eat cheese, so yes I have a diet that contains salt, but when I was on dialysis, I had more salt in the blood after dialysis than before, so that's my diet is not too salty overall, I'm just going to start to take a closer look at sugar

if not for wine, I can not do without a good Beaujolais, or a Côte de Beaune or a good Rhone coast or Bordeaux not too tannic, and here I prefer the taste of the organic side of the thing, but as it is also exceptionally, I agree : Mrgreen:
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 24/01/19, 12:34

Did67 wrote:Ah yes, the other one ... (as they say). With Parmesan (we are, with pressed pasta, in the most salty cheese)! Me, no cheese in the kitchen - generally speaking. From time to time, mainly on second-hand occasions, "extras": "organic" Camembert, a bit of blue, etc ... And there, I also take out the bottle of red (I just came across a wine from the south "organic and no added sulphites" - quite honest, I think).

Ah as I said above it is without any salt or sugar added which was very common in my youth.

But of course plenty of food is salty or too salty and we like them: parmesan, ham parma (although they try not to exaggerate as some lights) cod ... yum ... short.

And the pasta is already salted at the origin in their preparation, besides I wonder if the vegetables in the state "natural" do they contain salt?
0 x