lazy gardener in Loire Atlantique

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Lazy Gardener in Loire Atlantique

by to be chafoin » 26/06/18, 11:12

Did67 wrote:As already written somewhere, there is the field bindweed and the hedge bindweed. The latter has rhizomes the size of an inch to about fifty cm deep (when properly installed). It is not tomorrow the day before that it will be "emptied"!
I wonder what to do with this bindweed hedges that limits my parcel of beet, beets ... for now I let it grow as seen in the photo by planing it loosely but I wonder if with these rhizomes you are talking about it is not likely to exhaust the resources of my soil ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/06/18, 12:22

I quarter him along the hedge. By tearing / clearing a "path" between my plots and the hedge.

Of course, this immobilizes some mineral elements. But I think it is of the order of "not much", of the order of the imperceptible. Never forget that the reserves are above all carbohydrates, therefore very very primarily at the origin, CO2 caught in the air and H2O caught in the ground ...

On my videos, you can see very good cabbages nearby, in 2016. This year, no visible difference between potatoes along the hedge and those far away ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 26/06/18, 12:27

phil53 wrote:The first picture is the 4 bubilles that I planted. I had cut one and it seemed to be one piece.
The bottom photo is the result of one of the 4.
I did not harvest, except what I eat. I see last year that it will be small and tedious to peel.

Ah ok so in the photo 1 you planted the cayeux-bulbils from the heads that comes out above?

That's it?

On the other hand in the photo 2 we can not see anything is blurry suddenly I do not understand well

They are not consumables?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/06/18, 14:17

Me too, I'm a little lost!

a) The 4 "bulbils" of photo 1, you have planted them. Is that an archive photo?

Do they come from the culture of "bulbils" which form when garlic "rises"? Kinds of tiny cloves then form on a head that looks like a "flower". When we plant them, this kind of cloves gives this kind of "unsegmented garlic", all round [I had some like this, much smaller than yours].

b) Photo 2 is the foot obtained there, by planting one of these round bulbs in the spring. That's it ? He's rotten. Depending on what you describe, a soft rot (you speak of "pus"). These soft rots are the work of bacteria. No doubt linked to the excess humidity that we have experienced ...
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 26/06/18, 14:38

Yes, that's it, I planted 4 bubilles (photo1) and one of them fell by the wind, rotten at the base and fragmented the rest.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/06/18, 16:30

Apart from rot, of course, everything is normal.

Garlic sometimes does this type of "bolting", with the production of this kind of bulbils, which, when planted, gives a single "bulb" (I don't know how to put it).

And when it is planted, it becomes a garlic forming a head of caïeux ...

[I regularly tangle the brushes between "pod", "cloves", "bulb", "bulbil" ... Wikipedia says: "For garlic, each clove planted gives a new bulb formed from 3 to 20 cloves". The terms "head" and "pods" are rather culinary terms: "Garlic clove: Part of a head of garlic., Which is composed of several cloves, protected by an inedible film". A bulb would be a head. And a caïeu, a pod ...]
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 28/06/18, 00:05

The pod or bulb is all cayeux or bulblets.

It seems (for garlic) that the best cayeux are those from the outside (without any certainty)
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 02/07/18, 23:16

3 years ago, I cut a peach and I left the strain covered with soil and BRF. I thought he was going to disintegrate quickly and not at all. Because of work, I have to move the earth and the trunk has remained intact and has not started to rot at all.
By cons despite intense heat for several days without rain for almost 1 months, the earth was still wet under the false BRF. The upper part of the stump flush with the surface of the BRF, the organisms should have attacked it.
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 06/07/18, 22:44

Colorado potato beetles attack my eggplant's foot. I thought they were exclusively on p's.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/07/18, 11:04

No no. It's a classic. When the yolks turn yellow, become less appetizing, the eggplants are green and the CPB will go to eggplants or tomatoes (which are also solanum, as the pdt).
0 x