lazy gardener in Loire Atlantique

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Lazy Gardener in Loire Atlantique

by pi-r » 11/02/21, 10:16

Did67 wrote:Almost nothing is known about the "cocktail" effects of food additives or drugs or drugs crossed with additives ...

+ 1
19 years of work in EHPAD or MAS in highly medicalized places, taught me from the very mouth of a doctor, health executive, that beyond three meds taken, we no longer really know "who does what" and above all, how you say it, the possible interactions of the different molecules.
when you see the residents' pill organizers ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/02/21, 11:14

Even for three, we don't really know. But as we do regularly, we say to ourselves that "it goes" without it "breaking". But it's a bit like radium cosmetics in the past, you don't see the damage right away.

Then there is the benefit / risk ratio. I also take 3 drugs. I think that without it, the risk of exploding my arteries with poorly controlled hypertension is greater ... But if it is, it would never have happened ... We will never know!
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 11/02/21, 13:28

Did67 wrote:Even for three, we don't really know. But as we do regularly, we say to ourselves that "it goes" without it "breaking". But it's a bit like radium cosmetics in the past, you don't see the damage right away.

Then there is the benefit / risk ratio. I also take 3 drugs. I think that without it, the risk of exploding my arteries with poorly controlled hypertension is greater ... But if it is, it would never have happened ... We will never know!

it's a matter of stats, we give you the numbers to decide, take a high risk of having a hypertension surge or take a potential risk of a probable supposed cocktail effect ...

mixtures of drugs, it reminds me of my former students, they were given 4 or 5 tubes with aqueous solutions of different mineral salts of different colors and they mixed everything ... my question was why are you doing this? the answer to see ... I answered them you know that you practically mix water with water (for safety reasons all the products are extremely diluted) and that in addition I planned the blow, whatever you do nothing will happen ... answer yes but you never know ...

So yes when we take several drugs the cocktail effect potentially exists, we know that this or that drug can moderate or accentuate the effects of another, and that is known, but in France we have become the champions of the measure protection, but above all prevention

So we anticipate the very protection of things we think they could possibly happen if ... in short, in France we think we have to kill all the bats and that because of Bigard ...
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 11/02/21, 16:27

Did67 wrote:Even for three, we don't really know. But as we do it regularly, we say to ourselves that "it goes" without it "breaking" .....
Then there is the benefit / risk ratio. I also take 3 drugs. I think that without it, the risk of exploding my arteries with poorly controlled hypertension is greater ......

+1
and anyway never forgot that an interaction is not necessarily "negative" ...
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 27/04/21, 09:58

Last year to duplicate my tomato plants I made them Marcotte. This year I tried gourmet cuttings. In land and in water. Both work, I'm not sure why it works 2%. Some gourmets don't take it.
I find it a good method anyway rather than sowing for the production tomatoes after the frost has passed.

IMG20210427083950.jpg
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/04/21, 11:23

In the same vein, I made my first attempt at cutting the "heads" of rootstocks (which we tend to throw away), and that once rooted, I reuse as ... rootstocks. I had the idea of ​​making them produce, to see the fruits, the development (these are hybrids) ... And I realize that we can easily double the stake (provided that the transplants take - the expedition is in progress; I would tell you).

Only 50% ???

Have you tried stifling? Tomatoes particularly support this hot humid atmosphere. Some grafts have thus made roots at the level of the clips, before the graft takes hold. So those roots atrophied.

A terrine, with sand. In the background, a little water, but not on the surface. You "transplant" inside and you cover warm. No direct sun for a few days ... "Forget" for 8 days (opening makes the humidity go away; movements, as with transplants, can create a "twist" which breaks the first rootlets - curiosity is a bad thing , we must trust nature). And this should, as with transplants, approach 100%.
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 22/06/21, 18:21

Note about tomato cuttings.
I have driven rods about 20 cm
Those that I have moved, I notice that the rotten stalk and roots are forming on the node closest to the rotting hay.
I have the impression that burying your feet deeply when you plant is pointless. Roots do form, but probably the deepest ones wither away.
Now I deduce that planting the foot more horizontally is more efficient. But not sure that it is useful for anything.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/06/21, 14:28

This is similar to what I describe and observed for grafting: if the scion develops its roots, these take hold, and the rootstock withers - it gets shunted, and not fed, it dies. ...

I have a few extra plants (well, lots of plants). I will look at it !
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 06/09/21, 16:14

Beautiful day to make preserves in the solar sterilizer
IMG20210906154829.jpg
Solar sterilizer

Tomatoes and celery.
120 degrees the area of ​​the tube.
I wait for the water in the lower jar to muddy, then leave for 1 hour. It is undoubtedly too much.
Anyone know how to add gasket to metal lids?
It sells new covers but ecologically it would be better to reuse them dozens of times.
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 06/09/21, 20:32

phil53 wrote:Does anyone know how to add gasket to metal lids?
It sells new covers but ecologically it would be better to reuse them dozens of times.

hi, my mother just reused commercial jars like green beans in glass and metal lid, such as, and put tomatoes and classic sterilization in them as if they were jars of the famous brand with the orange rubber seals , I was doubtful and well no problem, it worked and the conservation nickel, so don't bother trying to add a seal : Mrgreen:

for the durations, there are tables, too long you will end up with always overcooked, soft damage to the texture
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)