The Potager du Sloth: the book

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: Le Potager du Sloth: the book

by Did67 » 27/01/19, 12:59

Well, it goes back. I will be able to breathe!

2019-01-27_12h56_45 Class Amaz.png
2019-01-27_12h56_45 Class Amaz.png (57.69 KB) Viewed 1570 times

The release of the new edition, revised and corrected, increased (approximately + 20% of text) and illustrated (45 cartoons to relax reading) is set for March 7, 2019. The manuscript has been delivered and is in the process of being "updated. in shape "and the drawings will be tomorrow ... I just put the finishing touches with my daughter.
3 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 27/01/19, 14:13

Did67 wrote:Well, it goes back. I will be able to breathe!

2019-01-27_12h56_45 Class Amaz.png

The release of the new edition, revised and corrected, increased (approximately + 20% of text) and illustrated (45 cartoons to relax reading) is set for March 7, 2019. The manuscript has been delivered and is in the process of being "updated. in shape "and the drawings will be tomorrow ... I just put the finishing touches with my daughter.

good news
as usual, we can send you a check, you sign it and send it back?
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 27/01/19, 15:15

1) Attention, it is not volume 2, that you wait ... I put myself there. Hope to release it next spring ... Urgent demand from publishers (ar I now have a choice!).

2) It will exceed the limit of 3 cm which allowed me to send the previous one in "letter followed" for little money, in a pre-stamped envelope ... La Poste has defined a letter as 3 cm at most. The old one went right on!

But of course, I will be happy ...

It remained a pleasure: re-write, without pagination constraints this time (an editor refuses nothing to a successful author - so the number of characters is + 20%? No problem! And the price? And would I like recycled paper? We'll see, but it's a good idea!). And work on the illustrations with my daughter and her companion ...
1 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 27/01/19, 18:54

Did67 wrote:1) Attention, it is not volume 2, that you wait ... I put myself there. Hope to release it next spring ...

what will there be in this future volume 2?
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 27/01/19, 19:14

Couldn't the publisher use vegetable-based ink?
The tones are pastel, so no bright color. The rendering is not bad.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/01/19, 21:08

Julienmos wrote: what will there be in this future volume 2?

What was not in volume 1.

In principle - I say in principle, because I have not yet written it; I throw notes on the right and on the left -, this time I would treat the subject in the other direction: the practical sense ...

So the soil, how to appreciate it, how to improve it ...
Sowing, seeds, landmarks for dates (observation of spontaneous vegetation) ...
The plantations
Biocontrol and the fight against diseases
A few points on the main crops
Etc. ..
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/01/19, 21:11

phil53 wrote:Couldn't the publisher use vegetable-based ink?

I will ask the question!

[Good, the price having been maintained - and therefore rather low for a work of this magnitude - I am not sure that all the requests will be fundable]
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 28/01/19, 17:32

Did67 wrote:1) Attention, it is not volume 2, that you wait ... I put myself there. Hope to release it next spring ... Urgent demand from publishers (ar I now have a choice!).

2) It will exceed the limit of 3 cm which allowed me to send the previous one in "letter followed" for little money, in a pre-stamped envelope ... La Poste has defined a letter as 3 cm at most. The old one went right on!

But of course, I will be happy ...

suddenly how much does the shipment go?
anyway I don't care I send you 20 € as for the other and you will do your best, the little to drink will be to give you a little foam to my health if there is enough : Mrgreen:
I will wait a little longer to send you the check, so that you can manage at best, I send an SMS to my brother so that she can make her pre-order for her man
you earn more if we take it home, right? as much to give you this little pleasure you deserve it
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 28/01/19, 19:45

Keep cool ...

Discussion with the new director at Tana (this has just changed) ...

Retroplanning would rather lead to an exit on March 21 now.

Finally, the format will no longer be the same: the book will be slightly wider, just to better embed the 45 drawings of my daughter.

The increase in text volume of around 20% is validated. For the same price.

The cover is redone. This will be the first of a format that Tana will use for other books in the "green" sector.

The subtitle will be shortened: "Produce" more than organic ", without compost, without any tillage, without mounds ..." that's it, we "challenge" on "permaculture in mounds", starting from the observation that I made that many think that it is the only way to "garden naturally", whereas they do not want to tire themselves to dig mounds ... During the first edition, I was afraid that this make the buzz only on this ... But now, I feel I manage it!

I would also have Tana's active support for electronic media; I feed, they manage ... Facebook, etc ... A dimension that will be added.

I have the impression that there it is, they are doing the package. This will be Tana's flagship book, with the ambition of clearly making it the absolute bestseller in the "gardening" sector ... They are confident. I would also have support to arrange the comm or the dedications every time I go somewhere ...

For shipments, I will probably have to switch to parcel mode, the Post having defined a letter as having a maximum of 3 cm thick. So wait a bit until I have the first one in hand!

Yes, I earn infinitely more. In all transparency, I buy them at half price (public price HT). I thus passed 1 small thousand of copies (sale at the end of conf + expeditions) all the same.
1 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 28/01/19, 21:13

When it does not pass in letter max, mondial relay is the least expensive.
0 x