The Potager du Sloth: the book

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Le Potager du Sloth: the book

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 03/01/19, 21:12

Did67 wrote:Let's be clear! I am not worried, since I exploded my objectives (at least 1 copies sold, for not having worked for nothing; if possible 000, so that too many books go to the pestle; beyond, everything is "benef"!). I do not aspire to be "first", even if it is a huge satisfaction.

I think from the cover and the description that this is a book that is in the "recipe" or "method" - what to "do" to do, month by month ... It doesn't. absolutely not interested - see the exchanges on the main thread!

And by the way, how much have you sold so far (if not indiscreet?

What to do month by month ???
Ah well it would be nice nerd then
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/01/19, 21:29

Riddle on sales.

What I do know is that the "restocking" (these are new orders from booksellers) were 1 in November and 500 at the time of the last exchange with the editor around December 1th or 000th. There were then about a hundred in stock at Editis.

I'm assuming that the "big" of the different prints have been sold, if they recommend, although of course there are a few left on the shelves at bookstores.

From memory, it was pulled 5 000 + 3 3 000 times. By the way, 2 500 will be taken early 2019 by France-Loisirs (or something like that). So I think that soon, we should touch the 15 000 ???
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 05/01/19, 00:53

Did67 wrote:Riddle on sales.

What I do know is that the "restocking" (these are new orders from booksellers) were 1 in November and 500 at the time of the last exchange with the editor around December 1th or 000th. There were then about a hundred in stock at Editis.

I'm assuming that the "big" of the different prints have been sold, if they recommend, although of course there are a few left on the shelves at bookstores.

From memory, it was pulled 5 000 + 3 3 000 times. By the way, 2 500 will be taken early 2019 by France-Loisirs (or something like that). So I think that soon, we should touch the 15 000 ???

Superb score ... hat, it must make your "competitors" dream, knowing that it's not over.

On another plane (of which I do not want to know anything), that of the business of which I do not know the arcana in the edition, you must have a way to know the exact figure not, at least for your personal remem?

A little like Sacem, I do not know where you have to be registered? SACD?

In short, it's all about you but, just like the filing of title: watch the grain, for a gardener it's the least Image
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 05/01/19, 08:58

nico239 wrote:

Superb score ... hat, it must make your "competitors" dream, knowing that it's not over.

On another plane (of which I do not want to know anything), that of the business of which I do not know the arcana in the edition, you must have a way to know the exact figure not, at least for your personal remem?

In short, it's all about you but, just like the filing of title: watch the grain, for a gardener it's the least Image

I think that the tax department is already watching Didier's beans, he must know how much he has sold : Twisted:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 05/01/19, 09:25

nico239 wrote:On another plane (of which I do not want to know anything), that of the business of which I do not know the arcana in the edition, you must have a way to know the exact figure not, at least for your personal remem?

Until then, I had my "worth" of 3 euros gross, from which some contributions were actually deducted (I was asked to opt for this or that plan - I don't remember which one! - A know: in France, with the pay-as-you-go system, a retiree can work, he then contributes - for others! His retirement, frozen at the time of departure, does not budge; it is logical when you want to make the effort to find out what a pay-as-you-go system is - we contribute for others; it is up to young people to contribute for us; hence the importance of "consolidating" these systems when demographic changes disrupt the ratios; many imagine themselves that their contribution money is placed somewhere and waiting for them; so I accept that without putting on a yellow vest). The net received was taxed (added to my income).

Annually (in June I believe, for Editis), the publishers take stock with the booksellers. Until then, the books shipped were only "on consignment". Go out to the distributor. But not sold. Neither cashed by the publisher !!! For some networks and large accounts, the distributor very quickly has the "cash out" (so actual sales). But not for small booksellers. It is a question of computerization and connection of computers. So once a year, we take stock: you turn over the books that remain and you pay for the ones you have sold. This is how small bookstores can hold. If they had to pay for all the books on the shelves, they would be bankrupt.

And after that, the author will see calculate his royalties on sales. In my case, 6% of the price of booksellers HT up to 10 000. 7% beyond.

After deduction of the "credit" (which is a kind of guaranteed advance; the sum is acquired to me, even if the copyright never reaches this sum; it is in a way a risk that the editor and a "gift" he gives you for the work of writing - gift if you do not reach the planned sales of course).

Once the copyrights exceed the value, the sums are paid once a year to the author. Deductions made of contributions. To tax (if the author is honest or caught by the tax - artists or their managers tend to forget - see some famous cases, some cows songs, some sulfur declarations and some fast emigrations, etc ... ).
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 06/01/19, 01:32

Did67 wrote:
nico239 wrote:On another plane (which I do not want to know anything about)

Until then, I had my "worth" of .......

I did not ask you the financial details but just the sales calculation mechanism that seems surprisingly "manual" in our time but that if I understand correctly is validated only once a year ...
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 06/01/19, 08:24

The publisher of the journal détente et jardin refers to your book in an article on Wedemain.
This book has become a reference that is used to argue, it is still a beautiful, very beautiful success.
2 x
Did67

by Did67 » 06/01/19, 09:01

nico239 wrote:
I did not ask you the financial details but just the sales calculation mechanism that seems surprisingly "manual" in our time but that if I understand correctly is validated only once a year ...

That does not bother me. I have always found unhealthy our habit of not being able to display our income.

The mechanism must probably take into account the fact that it is a deposit-sale and fortunately: no small bookstore could be created if she had to pay the books 30 days, at the risk of not selling it. Remain more than the big machineries of the American type riding on horseback ... [they, they take advantage of this system: you realize, they have already cashed several times before settling - I guess anyway they settle when they recommend].

Now, probably the publishers do not make more effort towards the authors! They too, the cash, once they have it, they keep it as long as possible ...
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 06/01/19, 09:04

phil53 wrote:The publisher of the journal détente et jardin refers to your book in an article on Wedemain.
This book has become a reference that is used to argue, it is still a beautiful, very beautiful success.

Ah !!!

Ah yes : https://www.wedemain.fr/Jardinage-5-alt ... a3840.html

2019-01-06_09h02_51 Relaxation and Gardens.png
2019-01-06_09h02_51 Relaxation and Gardens.png (40.55 KIO) Viewed 2457 times

NB: Wedemain had made an article on the book when it was released.
2 x
stylo67
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by stylo67 » 08/01/19, 09:46

FireShot Capture 311 - FRANCE LEISURE - ECATALO_ - http ___ cdn.franceloisirs.com_ecat_S0119-STD_ # p = 82.png
FireShot Capture 311 - FRANCE LOISIRS - ECATALO_ - http ___ cdn.franceloisirs.com_ecat_S0119-STD_ # p = 82.png (502.18 KB) Viewed 2410 times
FireShot Capture 310 - The vegetable garden of the lazy - Didier Helm_ - http ___ www.franceloisirs.com_jardi.png
FireShot Capture 310 - Le potager du laesseux - Didier Helm_ - http ___ www.franceloisirs.com_jardi.png (394.49 KiB) Viewed 2410 times
1 x