The Potager du Sloth: the book

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Le Potager du Sloth: the book

by pi-r » 16/02/22, 16:37

you just have to be patient even if it itches...in the meantime there are the videos!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 06/03/22, 16:44

That's it, it's public! my third book ["The Sloth's Vegetable Garden hit by climate change"] examines the impact that climate change has on our ways of gardening, following a very precise diagnosis made on the basis of data from the Strasbourg-Entzheim station, located 12 km away. With 4 axes to adapt: ​​center crops on autumn, cultivate a little in winter, anticipate much more in spring, dodge summer (except for the "whispers")...

I announced it last Sunday, at the Primevère show in Lyon, in the presence of the director of Tana.

I just found out it's on presale on Amazon and probably other online bookstores.

2022-03-06_16h32_46 Amazon troisième.png
2022-03-06_16h32_46 Amazon third.png (70 KiB) Viewed 2040 times

I remind you that I prefer that you go "reserve" it at your independent bookseller, who will have it as soon as it is released.

Otherwise, there is the site of independent bookstores, which also ship: https://www.librairiesindependantes.com/

2022-03-06_16h38_44 librairies indépendantes.png
2022-03-06_16h38_44 independent bookstores.png (84.26 KiB) Viewed 2040 times

There, you support small free businesses (which pay charges and taxes in France)

Otherwise, the FNAC (which is part of a large group but which employs in France, pays taxes)...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 06/03/22, 18:07

While checking whether or not it was already on presale on Fnac.com (it isn't yet), I came across this comment left by a reader of my second book...

"An anti-guide that has everything of an authentic guide

Those looking for a turnkey practical guide with ready-made recipes to apply without thinking will probably be disappointed by this book. They will probably be so forever, as such a way of thinking is the opposite of what gardening is fundamentally. Especially when practiced in a passionate or even philosophical way. What you learn first when gardening is that you don't really know much about how and why it grows. And besides even more than when it does not grow... And there is no deception on the goods with this work since its author presents it as an anti-guide. However, it is indeed a guide, in the primary sense of the term. It sheds light on a path for you to follow. But this path is all the same up to you to follow and experience. Didier HELMSTETTER's practice is based on knowledge and reflection, on experimentation (the true experimental method) and observation, on the logic of life as we can see it modestly at work. And therefore essentially on the observation of its errors and on a permanent questioning of its practices. Let's not forget that the author, certainly talkative but even more earthy and pedagogical, is a retired agronomist (he has more than just the basics, unlike some self-proclaimed net gurus after they managed to grow 3 tomato plants... and there is time!) This anti-guide therefore contains all the bases (agronomic, pedological, botanical, mycological, entomological, etc.) to try to understand what is happening in your garden, your soil to its environment, its fauna, its flora, and how the plants (which are not limited to their aerial parts...) develop there within the framework of complex interactions. This book accompanies you and invites you to reflect on YOUR garden and to refine YOUR practice because in this area, there is no ready-made recipe. It's up to everyone to find their way according to their soil, their climate, what they like to eat and the time and space they have. Didier HELMSTETTER is part of the line of great thinkers and above all enlightened and experienced practitioners of potagism and market gardening, from Masanobu FUKUOKA to Bernard BERTRAND via Jean-Marie LESPINASSE, Elliott COLEMAN, Charles and Perrine HERVE-GRUYER and so many others whose common point is modesty and respect for the living. And if you want to keep it simple and give yourself the illusion of mastering everything, then get into hydroponics..."

Some people understand. CQFD.
2 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 06/03/22, 22:22

Did67 wrote: And if you want to keep it simple and give yourself the illusion of mastering everything, then get started with hydroponics..."[/i][/b][/color]

Well summed up, excellent.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 07/03/22, 12:14

Did67 wrote:Didier HELMSTETTER is part of the line of great thinkers and above all enlightened and experienced practitioners of potagism and market gardening, from Masanobu FUKUOKA to Bernard BERTRAND via Jean-Marie LESPINASSE, Elliott COLEMAN, Charles and Perrine HERVE-GRUYER and so many others whose common point is modesty and respect for the living. And if you want to keep it simple and give yourself the illusion of mastering everything, then get into hydroponics...

Finding yourself in this list should not be to displease you, but it is indeed deserved
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 07/03/22, 12:51

Pleasing or displeasing is not a real subject for me... I know who I am - and where I am going! - and I don't really need to compare myself - I like "walking alone". I have enough confidence in myself for that. But indeed, I prefer that to being compared to this or that very "liked" Youtuber...

What really made me happy there, in this comment, is the feeling of having been understood... After having taken a "blabla", it is reassuring!

Even if I like to write, a book is exhausting... Very quickly, the deadlines exert pressure... The third "wrung out" me less than the second, among other things because I know the process. The second, I curled the burn-out towards the end... So when you take yourself "only blablabla", you know that there will always be people who don't want to think, that disturbs a little ... I prefer to be understood and therefore tell me, you didn't shit for nothing!

[The first, it was particular: I had started to write it without having a publisher - neither contract, nor delay. So there, I wrote very very freely. Formatless. Without "project". What we feel when we read it today. And when the director of Tana contacted me in the summer, I already had far too much material. And more than 6 months ahead of me to format, delete, throw away - which is not easy! I was sure it would interest 1 people, so take it easy. Very light !]
Last edited by Did67 the 07 / 03 / 22, 12: 59, 2 edited once.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/03/22, 12:57

To finish with this comment, it is surprising that those who "understand" tax me with modesty, while those who do not agree speak of "pretentious", or "arrogant"...

Which shows excellently that in communication, there are always two people: the sender and the receiver. Here, the sender and the message are the same: me, my books, my videos, my conferences (with their small dose of excess and provocation that I assume in the sense that I do it on purpose to shake the coconut tree). The receivers change and make two opposite messages received!
2 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 07/03/22, 13:32

Did67 wrote:While checking whether or not it was already on presale on Fnac.com (it isn't yet), I came across this comment left by a reader of my second book...

"An anti-guide that has everything of an authentic guide

Didier HELMSTETTER is part of the line of great thinkers and above all enlightened and experienced practitioners of potagism and market gardening, from Masanobu FUKUOKA to Bernard BERTRAND via Jean-Marie LESPINASSE, Elliott COLEMAN, Charles and Perrine HERVE-GRUYER and so many others whose common point is modesty and respect for the living. And if you want to keep it simple and give yourself the illusion of mastering everything, then get into hydroponics..."

In any case, this reader has references.
2 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 07/03/22, 13:50

Did67 wrote:To finish with this comment, it is surprising that those who "understand" tax me with modesty, while those who do not agree speak of "pretentious", or "arrogant"...

Which shows excellently that in communication, there are always two people: the sender and the receiver. Here, the sender and the message are the same: me, my books, my videos, my conferences (with their small dose of excess and provocation that I assume in the sense that I do it on purpose to shake the coconut tree). The receivers change and make two opposite messages received!

Dogs bark but the caravan moves...
0 x
stephgouv
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stephgouv » 10/03/22, 07:47

Did67 wrote:... my conferences (with their small dose of excess and provocation that I assume in the sense that I do it on purpose to shake the coconut tree).

That's what allowed me to open my eyes and start thinking.
In my house, the coconut quickly fell and sprouted in the ground. In a few years, the coconut tree will be big and it will in turn drop coconuts to perpetuate the cycle.
1 x