The Potager du Sloth: the book

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Miaos
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Le Potager du Sloth: the book

by Miaos » 15/10/21, 16:48

If that's all it takes to motivate you ...

I bought myself a little book on edible wild plants on Wednesday while my daughter was in dance class. Once again, a dishcloth that has only copied cards that have been reissued 100 times in the past 50 years. Special mention for a recipe based on yew borer where it is not clearly indicated that the seed must be removed ... : roll:

I have the impression of having toured the libraries but above all of having become (far too) difficult. Or rather to have opened your eyes and become too critical (one would wonder why ... :P ). A new book would therefore fall sharply ^^

In the meantime, I am looking for a book which would describe correctly and in an interesting way the different summer vegetables, in the kind of that of Wolfgang Palme on the winter vegetable garden, book which I rather appreciated, in particular for the descriptions and anecdotes that we feel clearly based on field experience. Do you know any cool (French) references?
0 x
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 17/01/22, 13:49

good luck Didier for the delivery of the copy today....the WE must have been studious!!!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/01/22, 14:57

Indeed. I had the unpleasant surprise of an unforeseen gag: yesterday afternoon, while I was doing the very last touch-ups, I suddenly realized that all my paintings, my boxes were no longer... had it happened: mystery...

So I didn't deliver this morning. I'm going to do it tonight, because luckily I had a backup from 2 days ago. So on the one hand, I had made multiple alterations to my text, whose boxes were no longer framed, and on the other hand, I had the "old" text, with the boxes in good condition. All I had to do was copy/paste boxes from the second to the first! 2h30 of tedious handling...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/01/22, 15:00

I take this opportunity to copy here an email I received recently, which made me very happy.

Hello,

I hope you are well.
I am a young 17-year-old student in agronomy, not far from Rosheim, so you can imagine that I study at the agricultural school in Obernai. If I write to you it is first of all to congratulate you on your book, I received it for Christmas and in just a few weeks I have already finished it. Although I don't like to read, I was hypnotized by your book. And as you probably think, I will soon venture into your gardening techniques, despite many reluctances that persist, such as the fear of disorder for example, normal for a young gardener who grew up in a conventional vision will tell me you. In any case, thank you for this beautiful work.

However, like many of your readers I suppose, I would be very happy to visit your vegetable garden, so I wanted to ask you if you still accept visits, even very short ones. Although I think you must receive dozens of emails asking you the same thing, I still hope to receive an answer from you!
In the meantime, take good care of yourself in these troubled times!

Sincerely,

I did, 50 years ago or a little more, the opening of the Agricultural School of Obernai - very first promo!
3 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/01/22, 15:03

Hey, when is a Helmstetter Agricultural High School?
(I'm not joking !)

Besides, it has a name, that of Obernai?
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/01/22, 18:30

Did67 wrote:I take this opportunity to copy here an email I received recently, which made me very happy.

Hello,

I hope you are well.
I am a young 17-year-old student in agronomy, not far from Rosheim, so you can imagine that I study at the agricultural school in Obernai. If I write to you it is first of all to congratulate you on your book, I received it for Christmas and in just a few weeks I have already finished it. Although I don't like to read, I was hypnotized by your book. And as you probably think, I will soon venture into your gardening techniques, despite many reluctances that persist, such as the fear of disorder for example, normal for a young gardener who grew up in a conventional vision will tell me you. In any case, thank you for this beautiful work.

However, like many of your readers I suppose, I would be very happy to visit your vegetable garden, so I wanted to ask you if you still accept visits, even very short ones. Although I think you must receive dozens of emails asking you the same thing, I still hope to receive an answer from you!
In the meantime, take good care of yourself in these troubled times!

Sincerely,

I did, 50 years ago or a little more, the opening of the Agricultural School of Obernai - very first promo!

Training young people is sowing the future
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 17/01/22, 18:57

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Training young people is sowing the future

So said the leader of the Cub Scouts who raped my best friend... (I'm leaving) : Mrgreen:
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 14/02/22, 17:45

It's been a long time since I looked at reviews on Amazon.

The least we can say is that the first book is "cleaving". And the perfect illustration that for a message to pass, there are two of us: a sender and a receiver. That one of the two is not on the right frequency, and nothing happens!!!

2022-02-14_17h42_07 Commentiare Amazon.png
2022-02-14_17h42_07 Commentiare Amazon.png (89.83 KiB) Viewed 1643 times
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 16/02/22, 13:57

Didier, please, can you give us the name of your future book? We won't make it public, we promise.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/02/22, 14:36

Soon !!! I promise... Around mid-March, I think I'll have the model and the "green light" to talk about it...

We are currently finalizing the text - last shuttles with the editor...

The corrector caught the Covid...! So I'm going to have to wait a bit for the text proofread and corrected...

[The author writes. The editor, in my case, rereads and "advises" me - remove this, that is too long, do not provoke on such a subject which could give rise to disputes... In the end, it is I who decides - except when it's illegal! Then, this amended text starts with the proofreading of the French: mistakes in French corrected without consulting me - like a lack of agreement; + requests for clarification (you say this and then you say that, is it the same thing?); + requests for rewriting - when a passage is too convoluted... In parallel, layout and graphics (boxes, tables, etc.)... At the end, I receive a proof - Bon A Tirer: if I agree, it goes to print. Otherwise, final negotiations. I'm a fairly legit but rather demanding author]

But we are still on a "first half of April" outing
0 x