The interest of soil non-work confirmed by studies!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: The interest of non-soil working confirmed by studies!

by dede2002 » 15/10/16, 09:24

Hello Janic,

Regarding DDT, the use of the simple past is not appropriate, because it is still used massively!

Only agricultural use is prohibited ...

http://www.courrierinternational.com/re ... -par-l-oms
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 15/10/16, 10:56

izentrop wrote:Farmers are doing what they can and are already enduring the crisis. Everyone knows that we will have to change paradigm, but in the meantime the methods remain to be discovered and the machine does not stop like that.

Watch the comments for the video you posted.

Well, I'm glad to see that you haven't gone over to the dark side! : Lol:

Do not take it badly (it will be difficult but sorry), I think what you lack is intelligence, intelligence in the first sense: knowing how to read between the lines.

Konrad Schreiber has this type of speech because he wants it to move, he wants to shake the spirits, just like Bourguignon.
Tell yourself that they are the only ones to go up to the front and that it does not move very quickly in front. It's normal to have a shocking speech. Maybe it really hurts them, by epidermal reaction.

The comments that you give are agri injured to make the m…
Normal that they counter attack. They are already in situations that are not always flourishing financially and are taking the brunt of "my boy what you do is m…. »Finally especially« you could have done otherwise if you had been smarter »while everyone considers doing well when he does something, well normally, otherwise it is insured depression! : Lol:

If they listen to Schreiber, it is because deep down they know it and want to do better and it is not easy to change practice in the blink of an eye.
They are even sometimes financially obliged to continue to make money ... because of the investments they have made in this direction.
It is not easy at all.
In short, They only display an epidermal defense response to their injured ego but deep down they know where the path is or at least they are looking for another one than their own.

weak practitioner that I am, I agree with the commentary on the slugs which adore the vegetal cover and normally at the end of a few years, the ecosystem must be balanced but meanwhile it is necessary to earn a living ... d where products that do not help establish the prerenne ecosystem.
complicated all that
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/10/16, 11:01

Janic wrote:well said christophe!

8) 8)

Janic wrote:how much Rondup would he be willing to absorb

None: he said he was not suicidal ... but on the other hand he claims that salt, a widely consumed product, is more deadly than roundup ... this via an inappropriate study.

It's manipulation ... :?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 15/10/16, 12:43

I especially think that what Izentrop expresses is as badly expressed as interpreted.
He talks about the LD 50 dose to emphasize that to reach it you need a huge amount absorbed, just as salt is too. The question, beyond this figure, is what is the comparative biological impact of these two reduced dose products. (salt *, even in low doses, has a negative effect on the vascular system, hence the existing drugs to avoid runaway which could become fatal)

* This is a refined salt which is much more harmful than an unrefined salt, with the same amount absorbed.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/10/16, 13:29

Obviously, don't mix immediate and long-term toxicity ...

Regarding slugs, it is difficult to go up the slope since the methods of conventional agriculture have destroyed their predators * and it has become practically impossible not to use chemical expedients given the nuisance capacity of these small critters when there is an abundance of food ... There is a particularly vicious retroactive loop.

* Hedgehogs, toads, staphylins, carabids, not to mention birds (?) ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/10/16, 13:33

Janic wrote:I especially think that what Izentrop expresses is as badly expressed as interpreted.
He talks about the LD 50 dose to emphasize that to reach it you need a huge amount absorbed, just as salt is too. The question, beyond this figure, is what is the comparative biological impact of these two reduced dose products. (salt *, even in low doses, has a negative effect on the vascular system, hence the existing drugs to avoid runaway which could become fatal)

* This is a refined salt which is much more harmful than an unrefined salt, with the same amount absorbed.

Especially the fact that quality salt, unrefined (as you say Janic) we have a vital need for our cells (3 to 4gr / day I can not imagine putting this amount of glyphosate every day in my salads : Cheesy: this guy who thinks he's a professor is crazy and especially a great manipulator, one of whose goals is to hide his huge gaps), that's how his comparison becomes hilarious ... (and just as sad for him )

But above all, what showed that he understood absolutely nothing is that pesticides are very reactive with the environment, while any salt is stable (successful chemical reaction). And that for endocrine disruptors (that are the pesticides he talks about) it is no longer the dose that makes the poison ... His example of lethal dose is therefore completely inappropriate.

When are we going to shut off your bullshit cock for good, I don't see it becoming "expert econologist" : Shock:
Otherwise we will all pass here for idiots in a short time : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
► View Text
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 15/10/16, 14:32

This is what Roger Heim wrote in 1952 on the subject of the lethal dose of DDT ...

Roger Heim94-95.jpg

And amha if the WHO officially authorized it 10 years ago, it is not because we found new virtues in it, but because they were presented with a fait accompli; DDT has never stopped being used, except in a few rich countries which can "afford" other alternatives because it is economically attractive. It doesn't cost much ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/10/16, 16:32

Always interesting to know what he said to himself at a certain time ... but we agree that it can only be limited to the knowledge of the time and which has improved enormously since ... This book being before the discovery of DNA, for example, we can't get much out of it nowadays ... Endocrine disruptors weren't known either ... And your right page stops at " As for mammals "and the text stops before even having the info : Mrgreen: it's sold, they could still finish writing this book, the author must have been a Corsican, or a Bernese who signed the proof after the press release ^^
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/10/16, 17:34

I think DDT has done a lot of damage ...

We see in the recent Manhattan series of children who are sprayed (and in large doses) with a white anti-lice powder that could well be DDT!

A pretty good series, moreover ... a little fictionalized, of course, but quite interesting scientifically!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/10/16, 10:52

Christophe wrote: he claims that salt, a widely consumed product, is more deadly than roundup ... this via an inappropriate study.
It's manipulation ... :?
Ahmed wrote:Obviously, don't mix immediate and long-term toxicity ...
You just have to consult the different databases of phytos products http://www.agritox.anses.fr/php/fiches.php to see that any substance is characterized among other things by its LD50.

I want you to remove this word "manipulation" which does not correspond to me.
It doesn't bother me that Obamot says it over and over, because it is not credible to me.
Ahmed wrote: conventional farming methods have destroyed their predators *
You point to the scapegoat, it means forgetting other equally important causes
Professor Paul of the School of Biological Sciences at the University of Swansea warns after a pessimistic report the population of European hedgehogs has decreased considerably between 2001 and 2005, or 20%, urbanization would be responsible for the disappearance of this little mammal.
The hedgehog continues to be mutilated in its harmless world, it can fall into a hole and find itself trapped in gates, air vents or cellars from which it cannot get out without outside help. He spends the day dozing in the tall grass where the brushcutters shred him, he is burned by fires of leaves. It is the prey of fruit fillets in gardens, it dies suffocated in polystyrene cups containing residues of ice cream. The hedgehog is not a modern animal, it has rubbed shoulders with mammoths and lives mostly hidden, shy, discreet and unobtrusive, it hosts it silent, humble and innocent of our gardens.
An individual who does not support a blade of grass sticking out or a pile of wood in a corner is just as responsible.
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"