The interest of soil non-work confirmed by studies!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Christophe

Re: The interest of non-soil working confirmed by studies!

by Christophe » 14/10/16, 18:37

Well for Izentrop, glyphosate is edible ... (he recently said that you can drink it without risk to health) ... So what? No problem! : Mrgreen:
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 14/10/16, 21:41

izentrop wrote:
For Konrad Schreiber, of the Institute of Sustainable Agriculture (IAD), it is a question of going beyond the traditional and organic opposing debate: "Sustainable cultures suppose healthy plants: from this point of view, between integrated struggles , biological, chemical, genetic, nothing is frozen. The phytosanitary products are there, the nitrates too, and it is necessary to draw inspiration from various types of agriculture. " http://agriculture-de-conservation.com/ ... tique.html
Let it not exclude what you are doing from sustainable agriculture.
Don't make him a saint. : Wink:

Oh, okay : Wink:
yes, I got a little excited about this one! : Lol:
Farmer field experiences
in all cases show reductions in inputs:
- Reduction in the use of phytosanitary products
thanks to rich and balanced soils,
presence of crop auxiliaries, with less weeding
frequent...

http://www.agroforesterie.fr/documents/ ... HD-WEB.pdf

Konrad Schreiber is an intelligent man, he does not want to rush anyone. : Wink:
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 14/10/16, 22:59

Christophe wrote:Well for Izentrop, glyphosate is edible ... (he recently said that you can drink it without risk to health) ... So what? No problem! : Mrgreen:
You must be confused, I am not a suicide candidate https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundup#D ... cologiques : Wink:
As for Shreiber or Bourguignon, they are especially appreciated for their short sentences that appeal to the public.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 14/10/16, 23:38

izentrop wrote:As for Shreiber or Bourguignon, they are especially appreciated for their short sentences that appeal to the public.

and so they say anything or does it seem coherent to you what they say?
what about official radio? : Lol:
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 15/10/16, 00:34

eclectron wrote:and so they say anything or does it seem coherent to you what they say?
what about official radio? : Lol:
Their talk is a step in the right direction, but they cannot help bidding and beating the farmers.
Farmers are doing what they can and are already enduring the crisis. Everyone knows that we will have to change paradigm, but in the meantime the methods remain to be discovered and the machine does not stop like that.

Watch the comments for the video you posted.
DDO61 months ago
Well, I'm a farmer, looking for advice and techniques for sowing under cover (because I'm interested) and I come across this video ... the more I advance in the presentation, the more I want to react .
Mr. Schreiber gives us reasoning that is as irrefutable as it is absurd. He dangerously mixes his arguments which he embellishes with anecdotes as scientifically observed facts, he builds us a catastrophic scenario with a dying goldfish and oaks that are uprooted before sowing wheat. He images his speech to touch our sensitivity more than our reason. The substance of his speech is interesting, and even revealing the cultural techniques undergoing change, but the form is manipulative, lobbyist ... too bad.
Some notes taken:
"The whole profession is against (plant cover) and that you may be worried about": FALSE
"It's expensive to fool around": Thanks for the lesson!
"600 hp on a farm (...) until bankruptcy": when does the anecdote end?
"the tree (...) allows the greatest yield in the world, with nothing": It needs space, water, soil, climate ...

Frank Kroonen11 months ago
discourse not very pedagogical, but a little demagogic, the wicked laborers who sterilize the earth against the organic wise men who will save humanity, these beards of agriculture do not like nuance
note that its calculation at the start is almost a thousand times wrong. In reality organic often does quite badly in terms of carbon footprint ...

orson1972 year ago
more than 2000 years of history that man plows! We would have been lied to! control of perennials and pests with cutlery, they do not tell you the whole pallets of antimilace, and glyphosate which are spread out, it is the wireworms and the groupers which are happy! it's green it's beautiful! crops by cons by us in Charente Ms. it's not jojo we are looking for plants ... cons by quackgrass, thistles, spiny lampourde datura, rumex friend majus etc ... have a good life, thank you for the neighbors so yes he sells his plow but buys a super large no-till seed drill or strip til with the hammer that goes well in front for it to gallop or else run its teeth fifteen times to try to have a clean ground, put the right dose of herbicide. In the end where is the economy ??
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/10/16, 00:41

izentrop wrote:
Christophe wrote:Well for Izentrop, glyphosate is edible ... (he recently said that you can drink it without risk to health) ... So what? No problem! : Mrgreen:
You must be confused, I am not a suicide candidate https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundup#D ... cologiques : Wink:
As for Shreiber or Bourguignon, they are especially appreciated for their short sentences that appeal to the public.

Fake ass, manipulator and inveterate liar. Do you like it like that?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/10/16, 01:01

izentrop wrote:You must confuse, I am not a suicide candidate (...)

And yet this August 8 you wrote: Health-pollution-prevention / the-j-accuse-of-ge-Seralini-on-the-gmo-t12057-160.html # p307757

izentrop wrote:(...) glyphosate, less toxic than salt (...)

Which is frankly "limit" as a comparison ... since salt is edible (and even essential!)

And on the same page of the writer already:

izentrop wrote:Or it turns out that no-till is better, but they use roundup

So what? Is the roundup good or not good for you? : Mrgreen:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 15/10/16, 01:36

Christophe wrote:
izentrop wrote:You must confuse, I am not a suicide candidate (...)

And yet this August 8 you wrote: Health-pollution-prevention / the-j-accuse-of-ge-Seralini-on-the-gmo-t12057-160.html # p307757

izentrop wrote:(...) glyphosate, less toxic than salt (...)
I didn't talk about drinking it (don't play Obamot) and didn't invent anything
The median lethal dose (LD50), or median lethal concentration (LC50), is a quantitative indicator of the toxicity of a substance.
This indicator measures the dose of substance causing death in 50% of a given animal population (often mice or rats) under precise experimental conditions.
Here, as an indication, the LD50 of common products (tested on the oral rat):

vitamin C: 11 mg / kg
Bisphenol A: 3250 mg / kg4
table salt: 3 mg / kg
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dose_l%C3 ... C3%A9diane
et
LD 50 oral rat
> 5000 mg / kg (roundup) http://www.afpp.net/columa/Fichesherbic ... oundup.pdf
And for no-till, it's not exactly what I wrote either and there either, I didn't invent anything. :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/10/16, 01:59

izentrop wrote:And for no-till, it's not exactly what I wrote either and there either, I didn't invent anything. :)

Is that so? Didn't you write that down? Well, readers will not check themselves on the link cited ... : Cheesy:

Regarding salt, it's all the same crazy and anti-scientific to advance the LD50 (causing immediate death therefore a priori) when we talk about probably carcinogenic product in the medium or long term ... Because that was it we were talking about!

Then see what it means:

under precise experimental conditions.

Because under certain specific experimental conditions, the LD50 of asbestos (for example) can be zero! Does that make asbestos harmless anyway?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 15/10/16, 09:00

well said christophe!
It is this kind of "detail" that izentrop seems to overlook. So the question, for this one, is: how much Rondup would he be willing to take, all at once or regularly, as was the case with DDT. Indeed the latter did not kill directly by lethal dose, but by accumulation in the tissues causing extremely serious pathologies, even fatal.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"