Compost juice to water his vegetable garden?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Compost juice to water his vegetable garden?

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 01/08/17, 17:36

phil53 wrote:vegetable residues in the field. Watered if necessary with water.

Ditto it is the house technique ... we swing under the hay every 2 or 3 days ...

phil53 wrote:Regarding the gourds fertilized or not, we do not care a little as long as they produce fruit.

:?: :?: :?: :?: : Shock: fertilized or not they produce fruit ??? Is that so???
0 x
gek
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gek » 01/08/17, 22:17

Hello,

I agree with you that laziness encourages us not to make compost juice. It seems to me however that the interest of these juices is to multiply the microorganisms during their preparation (see the compost juice with active aeration of Lespinasse). It is therefore not really comparable (if it is done well) with the effect of a rain which passes on waste on the surface. The book that Didier spoke about once on the main thread (collaborating with microorganisms in the garden or something like that) explains that very well.

I do not do any of that (too lazy) but I think that it should make it possible to boost microorganisms quite selectively in addition (bacteria or fungi depending on the type of application intended).
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/08/17, 23:35

gek wrote: It seems to me however that the interest of these juices is to multiply the microorganisms during their preparation (see the compost juice with active aeration of Lespinasse).
Not really had a conclusion https://www.aujardin.org/viewtopic.php? ... 7#p2229051

Afterwards, it is traded for potted plants. Considering what they add in, it is a fertilizer without seeming to, but hey, this is only my point of view.

It is also a biodynamic practice http://www.naio-technologies.com/le-the ... une-autre/
We approach pseudo-sciences there. : Mrgreen:
0 x
gek
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gek » 02/08/17, 07:37

What a pleasure to reread the famous Appius de aujardin!

I never tested but the explanation given by Lowenfels and Lewis is attractive and seems perfectly reasonable from a scientific point of view. Of course it should be tested systematically. Far from biodynamics and the memory of camel urine. Now, if each time someone makes the slightest dilution or shakes to homogenize a solution we talk about biodynamics I can stop the direct chemistry.
A biodynamist would explain how fast you have to mix, then which direction to turn, for how long, at what time of the year, what to eat before ...

In short, the purpose of my message was just to say that it is in no way to focus on the supply of minerals but on the supply of bacteria and other microorganisms to the soil.
0 x
paysan.bio
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by paysan.bio » 02/08/17, 09:46

I think this is one of the points of disagreement between Didier and me.
I put bokashi and not him.
I agree that it is not essential but I like to look at my garden with the little extra it brings.
the easier it is to make, the better.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 02/08/17, 14:45

Oxygen compost tea is accelerated aerobic composting.
Bokashi is on the contrary an anaerobic cold fermentation. What about pathogens? Is the acidity enough?

And the problem is that it requires buying bokashi sound. But since it is lacto-fermentation, it must be able to be sown with natural sourdough?
An interesting comment in this blog http://compostproximite.blogspot.fr/201 ... kashi.html.
0 x
guibnd
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by guibnd » 02/08/17, 15:58

Your thread reminds me of a book I bought on a plant festival (a little different from the subject you are talking about, of course):
'' manure and maceration, all preparations plant by plant '' rustica editions 12,50 €

I remember, I offered the same day "buttons and boils" to my teen! : Mrgreen:
(It didn't work on him, better in my garden : Mrgreen:

In short, mixtures of all kinds ....: infusion of valerian officinale to stimulate the activity of earthworms, elderberry to accelerate the maturation of the compost heap and to hunt field mice, moles and voles (castor also), yarrow to activate compost ...
We talk about plants that heal, those that stimulate, repellents ...

There are lots of recipes, we would eat ...
0 x
Twandering with clayey and fertile wheat, full of water in winter, cold in spring, crushed and cracked in summer,
but that was before the Didite ...
ChristianC
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ChristianC » 02/08/17, 18:49

izentrop wrote:Oxygen compost tea is accelerated aerobic composting.
Bokashi is on the contrary an anaerobic cold fermentation. What about pathogens? Is the acidity enough?

And the problem is that it requires buying bokashi sound. But since it is lacto-fermentation, it must be able to be sown with natural sourdough?
An interesting comment in this blog http://compostproximite.blogspot.fr/201 ... kashi.html.

The technique for making bokashi sound is explained somewhere but in English; I made it personal for a period; I don't have enough kitchen waste to continue.

here is the file :
IMO for the garden.docx
bokashi and others
(9.2 KB) Downloaded times 279
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 02/08/17, 20:22

ChristianC wrote:The technique for making bokashi sound is explained somewhere but in English; I made it personal for a period; I don't have enough kitchen waste to continue.
In your doc is written
The objective seems to be to get closer to registered brand products which contain the lactic ferment, but also actinomycetes, phytotropic bacteria and yeast.
Natural leaven, that's it.

My kitchen waste goes to the hens.
Otherwise, I would try my leaven mixed with waste. You leave to ferment in a closed container how long for it to come out composted without odors?
0 x
paysan.bio
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by paysan.bio » 03/08/17, 12:42

for bokashi, you don't have to use kitchen waste.
all green matters like "weeds" work.
you can even do it with horse manure pre-soaked in water.

for the prices, in professional use, I needed at least 3 years to use a refill entirely.
0 x