How to start a "Lazy Vegetable Garden" easier than permaculture: steps and advice

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
stephgouv
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: How to start a "Lazy Potager" simpler than permaculture: steps and tips

by stephgouv » 29/01/21, 12:35

For the pigs too: by dint of eating whole apples, they choke and end up on the roaster with ...
1 x
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 02/02/21, 08:42

quick question: what do the 2 letters VR mean after the mention of the variety (in this case Marmande)? I have not found including on the sites of the reseller or the breeder?
thank you in advance for enlightening my ignorance!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/02/21, 11:05

Unless I'm mistaken, it's resistance to verticillium wilt (a leaf disease that is sometimes confused with downy mildew)

Verification done, for those who like to know everything:

https://www.vilmorin.fr/codes-des-resistances

https://www.agrosemens.com/telechargeme ... tances.pdf
1 x
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 02/02/21, 16:19

thank you Didier!
another remark concerning seeds. I have 18 J. radish seed packets, bought in supermarkets and garden centers.
at the opening of the surprise bags ... the seeds of the supermarket are much smaller and more "ugly". If I compare them to wheat I would say that it is what we call here "small wheat "that we will give to the hens, compared to the wheat that we will deliver for the" garden center "seeds.
this doesn't mean they won't sprout, it's just a question of appearance ... i'll see.
something else I thought I had made a good deal with the "supermarkets" but when I compared the weight of seeds in the bag .... well it was 5 times lighter which would not be boring if it was 5 times cheaper .... which is not the case!
here is my mishap of the day. for the seeds as for the purchases of foodstuffs it is necessary to compare the price / weight ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/02/21, 16:58

I no longer know if the PMG (Weight of a Thousand Seeds) is regulated within the framework of what is called "standard seeds". I do not believe. On the other hand, the "germination faculty" is fixed, species by species, by the texts.

So they should sprout, even if they are smaller.

Afterwards, yes, you have to be careful. You may find a bag with 0,5 g of seeds, the same size as the others, in "promo" at 0,99 € in front of the "garden" gondola of a hyper against 4 g at 2,50 € in a garden center ... As it is not unlikely that the "set of two" shampoos at the end of the gondola are more expensive per unit than the same bottle alone on the shelf ... A classic of "marketing". Mechanically, we take ...
1 x
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 08/02/21, 16:27

being an almost beginner I continue to squat this post, if it is a Pb the modos will intervene ...
this morning buying seeds and I'm wrong instead of taking "marigolds" I took "india roses" !!!!
little research it seems that the 2 plants are very related. But has anyone ever used "roses" as we use "carnations"? in association with tomatoes, for foragers, etc ... thank you in advance for your feedback
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/02/21, 17:32

Pay attention to the fact that it gets big !!! This happens at belt height, with a consequent development.

It's freezing - last year, my seedlings in pots were shot by the frost on May 11 or 12! I did not throw, and found that the majority was starting again from the rod. But with a huge delay.

For the effects on soil nematodes, I don't know. Unable to see what's going on underground. The "Rose" will be less effective than the "Carnations" (they are two different species of Tagetes).

Anyway, I don't think this type of allelopathy "kills" the nematodes. At most, "contributes to reducing the presence ..."

I agree with my lazy colleague across the Atlantic: https://jardinierparesseux.com/2016/03/ ... nematodes/

Or with : https://www.jardinsdefrance.org/oeillet ... -oui-mais/

In relation to the thread, the tradition (or the "habits and customs" if you will) is that general questions and "chatter" are on the founding thread: agriculture / the-garden-of-lazy-garden-more-than-bio-without-fatigue-t13846.html
1 x
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 08/02/21, 19:45

first thank you Didier for taking the time to answer questions from "not very good" gardener ... and I think I understood that it was better to come to the original post of the PP ..
Did67 wrote:Pay attention to the fact that it gets big !!! This happens at belt height, with a consequent development.

well on the package it announces 25/30 Cm high, as for the eyelets. now it is true that with you on the videos they are immense !!! I have never seen from so high!
Did67 wrote:It's freezing - last year, my seedlings in pots were shot by the frost on May 11 or 12!

OK but no Pb here I'm much further south ... to tell you my first radishes are coming out they are in terrines (polystyrene fish tank) outside without protection only facing south and sheltered by the house . the beans which had taken snow + frost straightened up and started to flower again .... as you had suggested !!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/02/21, 22:20

1 x
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 09/02/21, 09:48

Did67 wrote:It might be a dwarf variety then!

I looked more carefully on the package and .... well seen !!!! it's "tagetes patula nana" !!!!
0 x