How to start a "Lazy Vegetable Garden" easier than permaculture: steps and advice

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: How to start a "Lazy Potager" simpler than permaculture: steps and tips

by Biobomb » 25/01/21, 22:43

Did67 wrote:For parsley and basil, I start from seedlings in pots (which I do not dress). Ditto for cabbages - but there, I sometimes start off and transplant "bare roots" - without dressing. I have no objective arguments - a "good" or a "bad" habit ???? But a habit!

For example, I thinned red beets and transplanted the plants. There, I dress severe too. Only the very small leaves of the heart remain. Thus, it is indestructible: it has happened to me to see take root too many plants that I had thrown away.

Ditto for "salads", lettuce etc ... There, I eat the leaves like "mesclun" and transplant the "stumps" - it starts again from the heart. Just make sure that there are the very small leaves in the center.

You can easily guide yourself by your observations: if the leaves in question dry out after transplanting, it is better to remove them before (this would have to avoid unnecessary water losses and increase the chances of success of the plantation). .

Parsley sown here is more resistant to yellowing and passes severe frosts without hindrance. In addition, you can harvest twice and get your own seeds for the year with just one plant. Photo for proof will follow as soon as the snow has melted.
The salads and various lettuces are here transplanted quite young, with a clod of earth around the roots without touching the leaves. We are lazy or not.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/01/21, 23:04

This illustrates a "valve" that I often use when I am asked about such and such a way of doing things: if you do like this, it will work, but if you do like this, it will work!

Let's say that at home, I have a gap between winter salads / mash and the first spring salads. So dressing is mostly undressing to have mesclun effortlessly! There, I make "bare roots" - dug up with a dibble, cut the leaves directly in the container, I transplant the "stump" which will give a salad later ...

[To situate, you may have written it, but I didn't have it in mind: when you say here, where is it?]
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 25/01/21, 23:51

Did67 wrote:[To situate, you may have written it, but I didn't have it in mind: when you say here, where is it?]

Not very far from your home, in the South, in the new CEA. But here, in 68, many are afraid of being eaten by Stras! which is a bit logical, because we are no match for it. Me, I do not care, I have a large garden where I have peace of doing what I want with a maximum of laziness, age and physical problems helping. Màch's guat Didier!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/01/21, 09:53

The ECA. And not the CEA (Atomic Energy Commission)

The CEA is the "European Community of Alsace" (the result of the merger of the two Alsatian departments). I specify this for those who are not from the region ...
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 26/01/21, 10:49

Did67 wrote:The ECA. And not the CEA (Atomic Energy Commission)

The CEA is the "European Community of Alsace" (the result of the merger of the two Alsatian departments). I specify this for those who are not from the region ...

The 2 Alsacos departments continue to exist because there are still 2 prefectures, one in Colmar and one in Stasbourg. The merger only concerns the general councils which are united in the CEA within a single entity. The steeples dispute is already raging because politicians are going to lose their super jobs in a short time.
This CEA is a kind of laboratory which will serve perhaps or certainly as an example for other French regions and a certain risk for the central power of Paris which fears the inclinations of "independence".
0 x
pi-r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pi-r » 29/01/21, 02:08

good while waiting for the images of the ascent of the channel of J Le Cam, I share with you this beautiful C ......
a neighbor to whom I announced my intention to try transplanting parsley this year told me that it shouldn't be done
why did I ask? because it brings bad luck .....!
voili voilou
4 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 29/01/21, 07:54

pi-r wrote:why did I ask? because it brings bad luck .....!
voili voilou

It is not well informed, it must be transplanted three times, once in the east, once in the south, and finally in the west. It is very important to finish in the west. Like that, it brings good luck : Mrgreen:
1 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 29/01/21, 09:12

pi-r wrote:good while waiting for the images of the ascent of the channel of J Le Cam, I share with you this beautiful C ......
a neighbor to whom I announced my intention to try transplanting parsley this year told me that it shouldn't be done
why did I ask? because it brings bad luck .....!
voili voilou

same thing in the North, it is also said and it is very impregnated, like parsley which prevents travel sickness, my sister-in-law always puts a bunch of it on the bus when she goes on a trip with her daughter and that "protects" the whole bus ... on the other hand, I don't know if it works if the parsley has been transplanted since she takes the parsley from my in-laws who do not transplant it because it brings bad luck

otherwise, have you seen the great study on the influence of the full moon on sleep thanks to connected watches?
I loved the remark that it must be a question of attraction, as if the Moon has a stronger force of attraction when it is fully lit (full) and weaker when it is at minimum (black) pin new concept light plays on attraction : Mrgreen:

ladies weigh yourself at night so you can say goodbye to diets : Mrgreen:
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 29/01/21, 09:23

Moindreffor wrote:
same thing in the North, it is also said and it is very impregnated, like parsley which prevents travel sickness, my sister-in-law always puts a bunch of it on the bus when she goes on a trip with her daughter and that "protects" the whole bus ... on the other hand, I don't know if it works if the parsley has been transplanted since she takes the parsley from my in-laws who do not transplant it because it brings bad luck

What I know is that it does not bring good luck to calves: we always find the heads of calves with parsley in the nostrils! And like the French, they are calves (de Gaulle: https://dicocitations.lemonde.fr/citati ... out/18.php ) ...
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 29/01/21, 09:44

Did67 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:

What I know is that it does not bring good luck to calves: we always find the heads of calves with parsley in the nostrils! And like the French, they are calves (de Gaulle: https://dicocitations.lemonde.fr/citati ... out/18.php ) ...

yes what idea have the calves to snort parsley, they lose their mind ...
2 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)