How to put the hay?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Patrick94
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

How to put the hay?

by Patrick94 » 08/01/17, 11:52

Hello did67
I did deliver hay, but the bales are cubical and very very compact, so I preferred to unpack before laying the floor. Have I done?
And also, as I cover beginning of January is that the land will be ready when to sow?
Last, with your method should make it potted seedlings before planting and it must qd START
Thank you in advance, dsl for all these questions but I'm ds file Grand category Beginner
Patrick
0 x
Did67

Re: How to put the hay?

by Did67 » 09/01/17, 15:18

Sorry, I "zapped" your thread! I tend to go straight to posts that are pointed out to me, I "skip" those that don't interest me much. The alerts refer only to the threads in which I have already worked, not to the new one ...

1) Pity to have ventilated. In the case of "parallelepiped bales", it is necessary to take "slices" of hay, one after the other, and place them in a mosaic as close as possible.

We are looking for a compact (so that the light does not pass through) and regular hay cover (so that “holes” do not form when the “digestion” of the hay, its decomposition, begins).

2) But it does not matter. We will assume that it will rain again (snow?) And this will naturally settle.

3) It will probably be "right" for the first few seedlings - the grass may not be "dead". You will have to "probe" (have the curiosity to lift a corner of the veil ...). For late summer / autumn sowing, it should be fine, however ...

4) In this case, yes, it is in your best interest to prepare as many seedlings as possible in pots, which you can plant through the hay, as soon as the soil is warmed up and dried, even if the grass is not yet 100 % destroyed. I am preparing a video on the plantation ("bare roots" and "buckets"), from "rushes" found. With a few exceptions (carrots, for example), most vegetables are prepared in pots ...

PS: "great beginners" interest me a lot, because they force me to question myself, to try to explain clearly - that's exactly what I'm trying to do, in the book I'm working on at the moment .
0 x
Patrick94
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patrick94 » 10/01/17, 17:43

Thank you for that answer,
1 / qd I even put a large amount of hay, so it will surely settle naturally with the rain there has been today ..
2 / qd I would be able to sow the primptemps .. (too impatient may be ..)
3 / Apart from that, regarding the crash (ca be said) I did not really understand if you counseled to make furrows ds hay where if you preferred a simple hole ... he seems to have seen me both your ds videos
Cdt
Patrick
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/01/17, 18:17

Seedlings are clearly in the groove, but planting requires only the opening hole and maybe we could do without with a cane plantation ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 10/01/17, 19:27

Yessss!

And the video on the plantations (the crash, we leave it to the computers!) Is just being "uploaded".

agriculture / gardening-more-than-bio-by-plant-live-without-fatigue-t13846-3550.html

And indeed, to plant the leeks, without any real technical reason, like that out of habit, "stupidly" therefore, I made a furrow with the dibble, to mark the line and to "bury" the leek a little. This gives the white part, when the line closes. In this case, it is defended: I always made furrows for the leeks. I was silly to take that as an example to make the video !!!

Everything else, I plant directly through the hay.
0 x
Patrick94
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patrick94 » 12/01/17, 20:38

Ok I'll watch your video
By cons, even a practical question ..
When to make the buckets seedlings ???
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/01/17, 21:01

TRès varaible selonles regions.

At home I target a facility in place early May. So this is the introduction in mid-March, weather ...
0 x
Patrick94
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patrick94 » 15/01/17, 08:16

And the Paris region, this is like?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/01/17, 10:48

Pretty much yes. Sometimes you 1 2 or more degrees, so a decreased risk of frost ...

But on the other hand, we don't have reliable forecasts beyond 7 days. So anyway, it will always remain a "bet" - which I do without hesitation. Especially since I increasingly produce the seeds myself. My only risk is to lose a few seedlings. If it is "toasted", I reseed (whether in the pots or in the furrows, so I reuse the work done; it is not a total "failure").
0 x
Patrick94
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Patrick94 » 15/01/17, 14:57

OK, thanks
I still bothers you a bit, with another debutant question ..
What seed must plant seedlings and seed which must be put in land directly ??
0 x