GMO: give your opinion, we ask you !!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Forumecolo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

GMO: give your opinion, we ask you !!

by Forumecolo » 24/04/06, 21:50

Hello!

Did you know that the government has set up a major public consultation on the issue of GMOs? No ? Well it's not really surprising, since to access it you have to know it and want it!

Here is the procedure to follow:

1. Go to the site: http://www.ogm.gouv.fr/
2. Then go to "Experiments in France" (In the left column)
3. Click on the "public consultation" link (Not easy to find, right?)
4. Locate the email address: BRAB.SDRRCC.DGAL@agriculture.gouv.fr

To send your opinion, hurry up! This consultation only takes place from April 14 to 28, 2006! Just for your information, the same consultation process had taken place in 2005 had obtained only 800 responses ... I can hardly imagine how after that the government can still claim to be interested in the opinion of citizens ... But after all, is it really important?

Here is what I sent them ... you can use it as a template or copy / paste ...
Mr. **** ******
address
Email

Hello,

Even if I had already expressed myself to my MP on new research programs on GMOs, I also send you my opinion of eco-citizen.
European Directive 2001/18 / EC on the dissemination of GMOs in the environment and food will soon be transposed into French law. This directive does not create the conditions for optimal protection of the environment. The strict separation of the sectors comes up against a certain number of contradictions which make coexistence between GMO and non-GMO cultures impossible to implement. Worse, French law risks not precisely identifying the main culprits of genetic pollution.
So I think these programs are damaging and risk undermining a desire to prioritize quality over agricultural productivism.
Please accept, Sir, the expression of my most sincere greetings.

I have greatly helped the doc of the "Friends of the Earth" to write this email ... let's give back to Caesar what belongs to him ...

Spread the word around you!
And say if you sent it ... it's more motivating ...

@ soon

;-)

PS: Merki to Sam.B for info and help ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 25/04/06, 22:41

Take part in this public consultation!
--mail to: BRAB.SDRRCC.DGAL@agriculture.gouv.fr
--------
The precautionary principle is understood by responsible citizens, but it seems not by the rulers, more concerned with their subsistence and their material comforts, than for work, and concern for the future of the planet and the become of all its inhabitants…
I am horrified by these lightnesses, these inconsistencies ...
Seeds of crops swarm 20 km away!
To authorize, trials, unprotected crops is to make the choice, to decide immediately and irremediably, for planetary dissemination, without the possibility of correction, or going back ...
By what right do "experts", civil servants, assume the right to decide definitively, for the future of all, to have the transformation of biodiversity, in such an arrogant way? To persist, to endorse a will of the United States, is inconceivable, because it is a denial of common sense. It is absurd to note that mature, sensible people, credited with having a little wisdom, can play the sorcerer's apprentices with the future of their children ... If they persist, they will be discredited forever! They will no longer deserve the respect of others! ...
They will soon be considered responsible for a crime against the planet, and its inhabitants, of a genocide against biodiversity, and will be condemned, without prescription.
They do it with full knowledge and are therefore fully responsible ...
GMOs are the end of small farms, diversity, small gardens, healthy food, organic labels, for the exclusive benefit of a few entities…
Who however already have a heavy liability, as for the damage caused to the planet.
I am disgusted that we can ask the question! To make a public investigation (very sneaky), as if there were room for several choices?
While the precautionary principle is in French law, and European law…
Respect our fundamentals!
"Responsible" people, a little political courage, for once! ..
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 05/02/08, 09:54

I dig up this subject following an email I just received:

question on a law on the coexistence of GMOs where it is necessary to give its opinion for the emission "the telephone sounds" on France inter
http://www.radiofrance.fr/franceinter/accueil/

The question is :
"The phone is ringing
Do you feel reassured by a law that would organize the coexistence of GMO and non-GMO sectors, without risk of contamination? "
the possible answers are yes, no, without notice.
For now, this poll gives NO to 85%.
So also give your opinion even if in high places we do not care. Besides, Sarko has planned a substantial budget for the development of GMOs, so our elected representatives will no doubt do, as with the Lisbon Treaty, a copy of the draft European constitution refused by referendum by the French. We are just good at voting and paying. Then they make their sauce by trampling on us ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/08, 10:12

Speaking of GMOs, I added yesterday, the very good Special Envoy on GMOs on EconoTV and the Stream site:

https://www.econologie.com/envoye-specia ... -3464.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/08, 10:47

bham wrote:Besides, Sarko has planned a substantial budget for the development of GMOs.

Ah, so that was his plan !! Ban GMOs but only those that we import ..

Sarko is more and more the president of the contradictions "I say white and I make black" in other words, it is more and more the president Image

To return to GMOs, note that you have to eat GMOs as much as they are French, right?
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 05/02/08, 11:06

In discussion before the law, the senators tabled around sixty amendments, which undermine the precautionary principle, yet recovered and taken up as intangible and inalienable certainty, by our great president "My word, I swear!"

: Evil: But no, there is no lobby ...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 05/02/08, 15:12

To support what gegyx has just said, see the 13-hour news from France 2 today 04/02/2008 at 13'19: GMO project examined in the Senate
http://jt.france2.fr/13h/
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"