Finally a garden! Where to start ?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Finally a garden! Where to start ?

by to be chafoin » 21/09/19, 02:19

Diabolorent wrote:So bluntly, thank you Did !!!
Yes, we can never say it enough ...

Say Madam Bear, without wanting to offend you, they would not be a little "light" by chance your tutors?
0 x
MadameOurs
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by MadameOurs » 21/09/19, 06:31

to be chafoin wrote:
Diabolorent wrote:So bluntly, thank you Did !!!
Yes, we can never say it enough ...

Say Madam Bear, without wanting to offend you, they would not be a little "light" by chance your tutors?

: Mrgreen:

I don't know what you're talking about at all : Mrgreen:

No time, no tutors, no way to get them in the ground ... And like anyway until early August my little reeds were more than enough, I never imagined that everything would be collapsed when I came back!

I'll do better next time (and probably more aligned too)!
0 x
Today there is dessert.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 21/09/19, 08:59

MadameOurs wrote:I'll do better next time (and probably more aligned too)!

Stop, aligned, aligned and what else you would not want a meter also to keep them away from the regulatory distance, a square to put it well at 90 ° to the wall, a compass to make circles around each foot
there really are !!! : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 21/09/19, 10:41

So, bluntly, a thousand thanks Did
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 21/09/19, 10:51

So bluntly, thank you Didier
I too was as respectful of nature as possible, now I have the explanations.
As I am fairly minimalist, gardening with a rake, a small dovetail shovel, a knife, a pruning shears and a few stakes, not forgetting my bicycle towed cart to recover the biomass, it's great.
I also like the disorder, this technique allows to easily mix the plantations. I sometimes go a little hard to the point that it is too packed.
I also like to plant in an alley which becomes a plank then another passage forms where I have just harvested.
This joyful mixture soothes me.
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 23/09/19, 16:20

MadameOurs wrote:No time, no tutors, no way to get them in the ground ... And like anyway until early August my little reeds were more than enough, I never imagined that everything would be collapsed when I came back!
Yes the staking of the tomato seems to me the most tedious thing for this culture, but with time and the various attempts I find that it is crucial (at least in my context). The tomato resembles a liana which appreciates being hoisted and raised. It is necessary to anticipate and plan, quite early in the season (when the soil is still very wet), for the beefy and which rises quite high (2m can be easily exceeded by certain varieties) because mine tomato develops over several months. The bamboo is not bad (choose the right diameter, not too thin otherwise it can break under the weight of the fruit, not too big to facilitate hanging on it, so I would say about between 2cm and 3cm). If you can't put them in the ground because you put them in place too late and the ground has dried up, I see 2 solutions. You can water the ground so that you can drive in your stakes. Or you always have the (smart) possibility of tying three stakes at the top, which forms a tripod (or a teepee) which will be stable on the ground without having to make a hole. The Spanish use this technique a lot and I think I will adopt it in my own way. 3 stakes instead of one per tomato stalk, this seems excessive, but if you drive your tomatoes on 3 strands ... You must also remember to bring what to attach to the stakes. Now, I buy sisal (in rolls, in DIY stores).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/09/19, 19:58

Thanks guys !!!

I am wary of my own (growing) notoriety.

But I appreciate this form of "non-bigoted" recognition. I "sow ideas like other gardeners sow seeds". And sometimes, but not always, they fall on fertile ground. This is the only reason for my "activism", which is my form of activism.

So thank you.
0 x
MadameOurs
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by MadameOurs » 04/04/20, 15:07

If so, I will make it more aligned (a little) because when it is necessary to shade it is still simpler when all the tomatoes are together.

For the guardians I have easy access to reeds, I will take the most solid. For the tripod placed I see quite but it is not likely to fly away with the wind?

Having also observed that my tomatoes having best withstood the oppressive sun (I am near Montpellier) are those which remained the most packed in a bush close to the ground, I wondered if it was not better that I be not too high guardian , kind 1m20, just enough so that the branches do not break with the fruits but not too much to keep the advantage of the bush?

This year I hesitated a lot to get hay, I thought of installing something for a trailer (overpriced, I gave up), I tried to find delivery (for 150 kilos nobody 'accepted), and since it's not for a horse, I'm not always well received everywhere. Except that it's been more than a year that I read around phenoculture, for me it's obvious that hay is for the vegetable patch : Cheesy:

In short with confinement I have few options left: cover with poop from a friend's horse, grass fed. She is not far away and on the way to the week's races.
Cover a little bit with a few reed straws, and too bad we will see well after confinement
Have me deliver Crau AOC hay for a luxury vegetable garden at a high price.
As I am on embankment, and I have moved my vegetable garden for this season, and that the vegetable garden is the only place where I do something else (that kids homework activities meals cleaning household linen storage etc) during confinement, I will probably take the luxury option.

In last year's vegetable garden, there are lots of earthworms everywhere, they look super happy 8)
0 x
Today there is dessert.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 04/04/20, 15:52

horse dung is very little digested hay so excellent for the vegetable garden the only problem is that it has no action on weeds quite the contrary, so if you do not have the phobia of weed get started

after you are not always obliged to say that it is to put on the vegetable garden, and you can fail to order for 2 years at a time, it increases the budget perhaps but rather than luxury hay .. .
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 04/04/20, 16:22

MadameOurs wrote:
In short with confinement I have few options left: cover with poop from a friend's horse, grass fed. She is not far away and on the way to the week's races.
Cover a little bit with a few reed straws, and too bad we will see well after confinement
Have me deliver Crau AOC hay for a luxury vegetable garden at a high price.

She doesn't straw ????

Fresh straw manure is a good option. The rain causes droppings and leaves straw on the surface ... A little poorer than pure hay ...
0 x