Didier and the Sloth Garden on C8 (It's only TV)

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Didier and the Potager du Sloth on C8 (It's only TV)

by izentrop » 10/06/19, 08:14

Garden soil has taken millions of years to form and is not evenly distributed.

On your balcony, you don't use heavy garden soil, but an ideally balanced, airy and lively mixture. Of course we cannot grow everything, but strawberries, tomatoes, aromatic plants of quality and taste are in the ropes.

Anthropized in one way or another, cultivating plants to produce food necessarily creates an imbalance and requires work to favor them from any other form of life also interested in this food.
Also requires inputs to compensate for losses due to fruit and vegetable exports.
The pp uses hay, but the "Parisian" can also use the vermicompost or the bokashi which he made himself. : Wink:
1 x
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 10/06/19, 13:31

izentrop wrote:Garden soil has taken millions of years to form and is not evenly distributed.

On your balcony, you don't use heavy garden soil, but an ideally balanced, airy and lively mixture. Of course we cannot grow everything, but strawberries, tomatoes, aromatic plants of quality and taste are in the ropes.

Anthropized in one way or another, cultivating plants to produce food necessarily creates an imbalance and requires work to favor them from any other form of life also interested in this food.
Also requires inputs to compensate for losses due to fruit and vegetable exports.
The pp uses hay, but the "Parisian" can also use the vermicompost or the bokashi which he made himself. : Wink:

Except that did67 is not the right person to talk about this. It is not his domain.
Hence what I said: the questions were not adapted.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/06/19, 17:41

Indeed.

And in addition the side "fashion" that it takes makes me "scratch" a little ... I can not help laughing inside when I hear "urban agriculture", an oxymoron like "dehydrated water". Just compare the bunch of parsley on one side and the noria of trucks entering Rungis on the other (a highway just for the MIN - Market of National Interest). I have nothing against against producing your parsley or basil in a factory-prepared lozenge that is worth € 4,99 - it advantageously replaces the Yucca, which is getting too big. Psychologically, it's a lure that fills a void - it's less corrosive than anesthetizing yourself with alcohol or cocaine. It would be much more expensive. This offers an opportunity for a start-up - why not ??? I would like us to talk more about "PP", for the 20 million rural people ... But this is not a fad, it does not interest the media microcosm - and that suits me very well! Please don't call it agriculture. Don't think we're going to save the world - or, more simply, give meaning to the city! So ethically, I do not want to maintain these illusions ... So I "scratch" !!! I had come to talk about my book. I hope I did it with a certain elegance all the same?
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 10/06/19, 21:07

this is the current problem, what is fashionable attracts and siphons subsidies
the example of the greening of the roofs of Paris was a good example
on the one hand the French market gardening which would need a boost and which does not get it and on the other huge budgets for some salads on a Parisian roof
the little blow of "claw" is very light
your book has the merit of saying things clearly, and it sells is that there is an audience, so you started something, as long as it lasts
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 10/06/19, 22:19

He is still 247th tonight, in the Amazon ranking. And in first position almost constantly in the "Vegetable gardens" section (while I was rather 2nd, generally 3rd).

It’s sad, but doing the big job on TV "pays off"!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/06/19, 22:24

I do not yet have the "Youtube" data, but there are new comments ... So in this way too, new "sensitized" people ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/19, 13:19

Any communication is good to take Didier!

Remember the adage of De Gaulle "Speak well of me, speak badly of me, but please quote my name!" (or something like that)

I think you would have had a place of choice in this one:

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_ne_peu ... t_le_monde : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/06/19, 13:30

Did67 wrote:I do not yet have the "Youtube" data, but there are new comments ... So in this way too, new "sensitized" people ...

Did you get the Didier video stream?

The show is no longer freely available now ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/06/19, 13:39

I forgot to pick it up!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/06/19, 13:44

The producers of the show should be able to give you the passage in question ... right?
0 x