Didier and the Sloth Garden on C8 (It's only TV)

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Didier and the Potager du Sloth on C8 (It's only TV)

by Moindreffor » 07/06/19, 15:54

to be chafoin wrote:
Did67 wrote:
to be chafoin wrote:At least you avoided the apron but ... isn't it a bit too "old school"?

The edition of "agricultural shirt" is branded "Aigle". It is rather trendy to display "balcony cultivator owner of a Range Rover" (you can also wear it for hunting!).
Oh yes, I did not see that! Extra! Actually I'll see you like that in an advert for Range Rover! Or with the sombrero for a brand of Tequila!

Didier with the "face" gardener, soon a new episode of "murder in Alsace" with Didier discovering a corpse while wanting to spread out a pile of compost : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/06/19, 16:15

Moindreffor, you write:
Didier with the "face" gardener, soon a new episode of "murder in Alsace" with Didier discovering a corpse while wanting to spread out a pile of compost : Mrgreen:

A good point for your imagination, but your lack of rigor saddens me: when you mention "a pile of compost", you are committing a very heavy misunderstanding!
That's what makes sense:
Didier has the "face" gardener, soon a new episode of "murder in Alsace" with Didier discovering a corpse while unrolling a roll of hay : Mrgreen:
2 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 07/06/19, 16:32

Ahmed wrote:Moindreffor, you write:

A good point for your imagination, but your lack of rigor saddens me: when you mention "a pile of compost", you are committing a very heavy misunderstanding!
That's what makes sense:
Didier has the "face" gardener, soon a new episode of "murder in Alsace" with Didier discovering a corpse while unrolling a roll of hay : Mrgreen:

actually, I stayed on the mini debate on compost and Didier not resistant to the sight of a compost heap, he attacked immediately at the fork : Mrgreen: , but the idea of ​​the corpse in the roll of hay "brilliant", it makes think of the swimmer recovered by a Canadair

I finally saw the performance of Didier, excellent, in "silence that grows" it should go well in terms of humor a little offbeat
Last edited by Moindreffor the 07 / 06 / 19, 16: 46, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 07/06/19, 16:45

Christophe wrote:
With the hindsight of 2 days and if I have a criticism to make on your intervention it is about the passage on the composting ...

a) I understood (for a long time) that you did not like "concentration" composting (= in a bin or heap) since it is a waste of material and energy -> OK

b) But in your interview we have the impression that you are insurgent 100% AGAINST composting and that is NOT GOOD -> KO

I think that to say that composting "is not good" is good neither for your message / image, nor for the gardeners who practice it (which makes you a bit sectarian) nor for the environment.

Indeed, composting is "in fashion" because it has been put forward for a few years (community, association ...) and is still useful because it is still better to compost, even for "nothing", rather than to send its green waste to landfill or worse incinerator as is still done in France!

We remember the fashion of the Vermicomposter... for the "urban villains" (lol)

Not so long ago I was talking about "compost juice": Agriculture / juice-to-compost-for-watering-her-garden-t15292.html

It should not be that you put back all the followers of the compost: ok it is not perhaps the ideal technique to optimize his garden but it does not hurt!

In short, composting is better than trashing ... when I see that some of my neighbors who have a large garden do not even compost and get their green trash removed by the garbage truck (this is the REAL mess of energy) it kills me !!

c) You mention peels saying they contain energy and nutrients but you do not say what to do with them: do not you forbid direct composting? That is to say to put the green waste at the foot of the plantations?

I thought you were going to say it in the following sentence ... :?: :?: :?:

Someone says it later: in a TV show, you do not have time to take an idea ... to bring a nuance!

What you say, I always explain it in my confs. But they take 3 hours !!!

See this e-mail received following my appointment at Neudorf (Strasbourg) from 10 h to 13 h:

"first of all a big thank you for yesterday's conference, conceived and animated
with humor and know-how. It's rare to listen to someone during 3
hours and not be bored :-) "
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/06/19, 18:13

I have no doubts Didier that it is a problem of form linked to the TV set and journalistic stress and not of substance. And yes you have a definite talent for the "show" (a 3rd career of One Man Show for your next 35 years maybe?)

Only from my point of view and if I had discovered you during this show I would have taken you for a urluberlu! Because a gardener who is anti compost is anything ... or is a defender of chemical agriculture!

So the average viewer could have thought you were anti compost (which is not true ... since you're anti compost TAS) and you classify in the category of ET ...

It's just a tip for next time: if possible try to speak directly of "direct composting" history of cutting the hay under the feet of possible detractors who could take you for an "anti com ... post" ... (because anti con we know that you are!) : Mrgreen:
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 07/06/19, 19:30

I understand what you say but it did not shock me watching. It's like that Didier: contrarian, he distributes shots everywhere. It is also the risk of spontaneity ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/06/19, 19:42

Christophe wrote:
It's just a tip for next time: if possible try to speak directly of "direct composting" history of cutting the hay under the feet of possible detractors who could take you for an "anti com ... post" ... (because anti con we know that you are!) : Mrgreen:

I remember.

And I'm trying to improve myself ...
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 07/06/19, 23:01

I also thought that the small sentence at the end should not have pleased the "Parisian" or other city dweller, stuck in his apartment who still tries to compost his waste in lactofermentation or vermicompost and who despite everything, manages to maintain the fertility of your planters and cultivate on your balcony (if! it exists) ... : Wink:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 08/06/19, 01:03

In the beginning everything is fine and then gradually you were "bad" : Mrgreen: : Lol: : Mrgreen:

Do not look for lunch at 14h in something that lasts 3mn ... on a chain of donkeys : Mrgreen:

A conference of 60 people is undoubtedly more convinced than a TV passage with an audience of 500 (randomly) not concerned ... : Idea:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/06/19, 08:04

izentrop wrote:I also thought that the small sentence at the end should not have pleased the "Parisian" or other city dweller, stuck in his apartment who still tries to compost his waste in lactofermentation or vermicompost and who despite everything, manages to maintain the fertility of your planters and cultivate on your balcony (if! it exists) ... : Wink:

"I do not deny it!" (me one day, almost 40 years ago, opposed a cop deep in the bush in Mali!)

Of course, that did not please. But I consider that "being dead but still alive", I am not there to please. I answered the truth to the question put to me: no, what I am doing does not apply to a balcony planter, which works with much more "anthropization" - that is, artificialization. Culture media, fertilizers (even "organic"), possibly lighting ...

Which does not mean that it does not work.

Of course, man can maintain a form of fertility in such an artificial system. I do not dispute that hydroponics works. But those who blame conventional farmers for using fertilizer should question these systems where fertilization comes by nutrient solution - and sometimes light by LEDs.

Urban agriculture is currently a fad - "we play it". It occupies the mind. And hides the essential.

This will remain insignificant - except for the "psychological" and educational aspects. Yes, it is good for morale to grow a bunch of parsley in an Ikea flowerpot with LED lights. It occupies the mind. But it's also like a drug: it obscures reality.

My answer may not have been good for sales - but that's what I think. And what I said is in line with what I think. And not what I felt I had to say to boost my sales!
1 x