Destruction of biodiversity for the sake of cleanliness

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Destruction of biodiversity for the sake of cleanliness

by izentrop » 25/10/20, 18:17

Moindreffor wrote:it makes my hair stand out
That much ?
The boy is not of age, so he had the help of mum dad but he would no longer be satisfied with video games of his age. And then the pond, given the image, is perhaps 3 m in its greatest width, it is within the reach of any average French having acceded to the property.

Personally, I have never earned much more than the "minimum wage", with degradation as the redundancies progress.
I bought my first house for 12000 francs in the 80s. Only one water point, the toilets outside. I redid everything in my spare time. since then I had to change it because of a closed easement. I started again since 2004, bigger. this year repair of the last rooms: kitchen and entrance. I'll be able to take a breather and consider digging a pond.

I'm exaggerating, I've been procrastinating a lot too : Wink:
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 26/10/20, 11:06

izentrop wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:it makes my hair stand out
That much ?
I rubbed shoulders with too many teens who thought they knew more than the elders and who wanted to impose, I ended up becoming allergic
The boy is not of age, so he had the help of mum dad but he would no longer be satisfied with video games of his age.
That also annoys me, the parents who push their kid to the front of the stage to surf the Greta effect
And then the pond, given the image, is perhaps 3 m in its greatest width, it is within the reach of any average French person having acceded to the property. the pond seems a bit bigger to me and the ground must also not be too modest, but it is true that a pond is not like a carp tank, normally there is no filtration and maintenance system

Personally, I have never earned much more than the "minimum wage", with degradation as the redundancies progress.
I bought my first house for 12000 francs in the 80s. Only one water point, the toilets outside. I redid everything in my spare time. since then I had to change it because of a closed easement. I started again since 2004, bigger. this year repair of the last rooms: kitchen and entrance. I'll be able to take a breather and consider digging a pond.
yes my father did the same, he renovated 2 houses before being able to build a last one, it is a way to be able to access the property, but it takes courage and will and especially to deprive yourself of certain leisure activities , good after as Didier would say it avoids the gym : Mrgreen:
I'm exaggerating, I've been procrastinating a lot too : Wink:

you shouldn't let yourself get down from time to time either you have to know how to ease off
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 25/12/20, 01:57

Beautiful flowers by the road in Switzerland:
0 x
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 08/02/22, 00:40

Very interesting video, for a landscaping based on observation, laziness, and respect for nature.

0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 08/02/22, 09:24

I will watch carefully. On the one hand because it can be useful even to an individual and on the other hand because it is part of the trades where I plan to convert myself (landscaper).... but it would not be to smash the existing one and establish grass! Thanks for this post !
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/02/22, 10:11

Personally... I sign at the end of the week the purchase of 1500m² of land adjoining my property because the current owners had left them in the most total abandonment for more than 20 years half was in a vegetable garden plus some vines. other half in orchard (cherry trees, blueberry apple trees, etc.)

oaks have grown in the vegetable garden, the thorns cover the fruit trees which have burst two laurels with sauce have become enormous and we are regrowing from the feet... In short, a wonderful place of biodiversity... Which I will be obliged to go to the grinder and stump remover if I want to rehabilitate them in an orchard and vegetable garden
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 08/02/22, 12:03

Macro wrote:Personally... I sign at the end of the week the purchase of 1500m² of land adjoining my property because the current owners had left them in the most total abandonment for more than 20 years half was in a vegetable garden plus some vines. other half in orchard (cherry trees, blueberry apple trees, etc.)

oaks have grown in the vegetable garden, the thorns cover the fruit trees which have burst two laurels with sauce have become enormous and we are regrowing from the feet... In short, a wonderful place of biodiversity... Which I will be obliged to go to the grinder and stump remover if I want to rehabilitate them in an orchard and vegetable garden

Well, you don't necessarily have to smash the whole thing though. 1500m², that's plenty of room! For the vegetable garden, a little shade can sometimes be welcome depending on the climate... obviously you have to find the compromise that suits you too.
0 x
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 08/02/22, 13:36

Macro wrote:Personally... I sign at the end of the week the purchase of 1500m² of land adjoining my property because the current owners had left them in the most total abandonment for more than 20 years half was in a vegetable garden plus some vines. other half in orchard (cherry trees, blueberry apple trees, etc.)

Not necessarily.
It would be better to observe what happens there, and leave some plants / trees that may be of interest.
And also to leave some wild areas for biodiversity (rich in auxiliary insects for your crops).
And since your land is not too big, you can try to do the job with hand tools.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/02/22, 13:44

I don't have the physical capacity to deal with this manually at the moment... So it will be mechanized clearing and certainly done by an agricultural work company...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 08/02/22, 13:47

Macro wrote:I don't have the physical ability to process this manually right now....

Hiring garden gnomes... : Mrgreen:
0 x