Cereal crisis: causes and consequences

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/05/08, 20:32

Ah for the signature ...

you must connect to the site with your password

Go to the top of the banner "index, search, members, my profile

You click and you go down a little, there is a signature box to fill

Syntax:
for text, type the text ;-)

for an image [img] urlfichierimage [/ img] (be careful, they must be very small !!

for a clickable image with a link
[Url = adressedulien] [img] urldelimage [/ img] [/ url]

Good keyboard tapping :D
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 12/05/08, 21:16

then:

"Always attach his signature: Yes No "

and don't forget "to send"
Last edited by gegyx the 12 / 05 / 08, 22: 33, 1 edited once.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/05/08, 21:53

Christophe wrote:It's really distressing (for the "system") the comparison in picture ...

Good with line losses would have to double the surface (if not taken into account in their calculations) but hey ... I chippote :D

Good evening Christophe,

This is most likely taken into account. The Deutsch are not known to be funny. It still comes from the German aeronautical and space center (DLR Deusches Zentrum für Luft und Raumfahrt

In any case, the trans-Mediterranean losses are estimated at 15% via very high voltage lines.

Even assuming 20% ​​not taken into account, the areas would barely get bigger, as this amounts to increasing the side of the square by only 9,5% (1,095² = 1,20 : Idea: )

Again the Germans show the way ... bright : Idea:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/05/08, 22:06

Thank you both. My mistake was not to reset. The command being in the panel of the avatars, it is a little ambiguous.
Well, it still does not work ... Is it possible to validate in a more efficient way?
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 12/05/08, 22:32

: Oops: Uh ... i correct myself
it's rather "To send" which "Reset"
: Lol:

But I tried signing on my profile, and it doesn't work either
: Shock: ?

Well, there is no fire ...

: Idea: Ah! if it works! It will appear after several minutes.
0 x
Wish =>
Able to speak normally
without being constantly attacked by some people, who respect nothing, and this impunity.
Remundo

by Remundo » 12/05/08, 22:56

Yes, I forgot ...

as Gegyx says, click on Send to validate and wait for the site to process all of this, 8)

For Christophe, on the "system", it will crack, that's for sure. Oil is going to get way too expensive. Solar initiatives are already intensifying, not for the good of humanity, but above all because the petrodollars that are taking over the drawers of some are in the process of financing the next step...

The energy landscape of 2050 is now taking shape and there is no choice. It is solar that will prevail, even if the other renewables are there and that nuclear will gradually represent less than 1/3 of production

The abundant solar energy risks "exploding" the price of the kWh at a time when uranium will be less and less available ...

It would be nice to make this fantastic energy turn in the countries of the South, of the win / win because everyone can see that clean energy is so abundant ...

And with energy, you can do EVERYTHING, especially farming in countries with difficult climates.

The other huge advantage of solar is that it is well distributed. No hegemonic situation, no geopolitical war linked to the energy that holds ...

A world radically different from this beginning of the 3rd millennium. it will move. All of this is at your fingertips, Let's look ahead 8)
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/05/08, 22:08

Well, this time it will work, I can feel it. Thank you !
Remundo, I think I answered you about profit, even if it is elliptical, I'm sure you can understand (yes, if you can do it!).
Let's focus on other points, for example this extract where you joyfully practice telescoping and approximations:
… This puddle of malnutrition, misery and ignorance of third world people, which was always chronic well before the European expansion at their place. Moreover, some studies show that the standard of living has dropped since decolonization.

It is clear that you want to show that these originally deprived countries would have "benefited" from a relative well-being with colonization before falling back into their almost "native" misery.
The first statement is a historical nonsense, because during the European Middle Ages there existed very advanced African civilizations (except to consider the use of the automobile or the telephone as the yardstick which must measure evolution). In particular, and this is important in relation to the subject of this thread, food self-sufficiency existed there long before it appeared in the countries of the north.
Let us examine the last proposition before returning to the central affirmation. There, I give you entirely right with regard to the raw facts.
However the facts are just facts, what is important is to understand their meaning. Having already analyzed above, I would not come back to this, I would simply like to draw a parallel (even if it remains approximate) which seems to me to be enlightening between two chronological series: colonialism and neo-colonialism on the one hand, and slavery and period "After-slave" on the other hand.
The slave situation was perfectly ethically unacceptable, of course; on a material level, the conditions were very variable, generally very harsh. After their release, the material condition of the slaves deteriorated overall, except on an ethical level. Why ?
As long as they were slaves they represented a certain market value for their owners who had an interest in feeding them enough and ensuring that the work was as intense as possible without however exceeding their physical capacities. Once "free", nothing had changed from the previous mentality, but the former slaves were forced to work for their former masters to survive. Become workers, their individual survival became indifferent to their bosses who could then play the law of the market to impose the most derisory possible remunerations, without taking into account any other consideration. And, it is a fairly similar development which followed the colonial period.
The results of colonization have been debated recently, the least we can say is that it is very mixed! To put it simply: a little positive and a lot of negative, in the proportion of the famous pate of horse and lark.
Well, the sequel to the next issue!

What do you (do you) think of my signature? Damned! It still does not work! Here it is anyway:
"Above all, don't believe what I'm telling you"
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/05/08, 22:31

Well I try again, correcting the mistake made in my signature.
About:
Whenever Man finds "a new fire" he either burns himself or domesticates it and makes a fantastic leap forward.

I don't see a contradiction here: the man burns himself, so he made a fantastic leap. ;-)
I am however strongly disagree on the direction of the jump: it seems more logical to me that the jump is oriented backwards!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/05/08, 09:19

A bit messy video, but hey maybe it's the kind that wants that?
http://www.cite-sciences.fr/francais/al ... ticle=9644
Keep in mind that when production was largely in surplus there was already a food shortage: the market only solved the solvent part of the needs, the real problem was geopolitics.
Technically, increasing the production of cereals does not require any technical innovation, it suffices to redirect a small fraction of what is intended for an increasing production of meat. This same meat which is never a source of protein for the most underprivileged.
Raimundo, your idea of ​​farming in the desert is certainly nice, but useless, let's restore the conditions allowing peasant farming to function properly.
Forgive me, but it makes me irresistibly think of the joke, well known, of the pochard who seeks his keys not where he lost them, but at the foot of a lamppost because it is the only place where he can see clearly!
Bones, Gegyx, Raimundo, and the others help !, don't let me sink into the monologue!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 17/05/08, 10:54

Seen + several reports this week.

1 - Kenya 'report in "Special Envoy on FR2): they produce green beans in quantity ++++ exported by plane : Evil: in more than 25 countries because there are up to 6 pickups per year !!! 1 only with us.

Advantage: it keeps the people living very poorly (6 euro cents per kg picked up -> sold 6 to 7 euros * / kg at home in the middle of winter !!!). it proves that all the countries of Africa are not as Remundo describes it, but the pb is that they are exploited (they live in slums and walk 2 hours to go to work and as much return in the evening !!! ). Ask a French to do that.
By the way, they do not eat a single bean (impossible to buy ... too expensive).

Aberration: air transport in all seasons +++++ CO2.
Disadvantages (not for all the world): The owners of fields, of packing factory, the intermediaries are full in their pockets. If this is not slavery, then what to call it?
The transport of these foods out of season by plane contributes to global warming. And who can buy these products in the middle of winter? the rich in our so-called "developed" countries.

You can live without eating green beans in the middle of winter.

I have another example but I no longer have it in mind.

@+
0 x