Conservation agriculture

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Conservation agriculture

by izentrop » 12/03/20, 00:12

If you rather listened to what he said :!: :!:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/03/20, 10:10

izentrop wrote:All this with an air of slow : Wink:
I would be curious to know the continuation, because it counted perhaps on the gel for the destruction of the cover and with all the rain which we caught :?: :?:

No no. In this case, it is the simple fact of "laying down" the canopy, by "breaking" the stem which weakens and sometimes kills the plants of the canopy (the choice is therefore important, with a predilection for plants with brittle stems) . The crop (here the winter pea) comes out well erect, thanks to the grain reserves, then dominates! Below, it dies. At 95%. Normally. From the lack of light. Then decomposes. While nourishing the system with energy and minerals (soil organisms AND culture) ...

This is what I had the chance to see at Manfred Wenz in Germany (with other combinations of cutlery / cultures) and which put me on the trail of the lazy vegetable garden ...

But of course, these are balancing exercises: you have to organize the "race" between the plants. Glyphosate is so simple and effective on the side that we understand that the majority claim that without glyphosate, conservation agriculture is not possible! The guy says it well: he changed his tune (therefore changed culture) at the last moment. In view of the season. So it's a technique where you have to observe, analyze, decide. Vs techniques where we follow a "route" determined in the station and popularized by technicians. It is therefore another "model". What I called another paradigm! This is not obvious.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 12/03/20, 10:47

Did67 wrote:the simple fact of "laying down" the cover, by "breaking" the stem which weakens and sometimes kills the plants of the canopy (the choice is therefore important, with a predilection for plants with brittle stems).
The still young oats were able to recover and compete with the crop.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 12/03/20, 12:45

izentrop wrote:If you rather listened to what he said :!: :!:

It was good because I saw the video, that the guy uses his cutlery and that he does not intend to destroy it that I made this ironic remark to you ... : roll:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
VetusLignum
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by VetusLignum » 12/03/20, 17:45

VetusLignum wrote:Fréderic Thomas on weeds, and the possibilities to fight them ...
Among the surprises, the discovery of a new family of herbicides (the carabids), the double-knok (a mustard to pump all the nitrogen, followed by a legume to suffocate the weeds that have survived), the harvester- harvester-seeder ...

Since we're talking about conservation agriculture without glyphosate, I'm going back to this post. the video is full of new ideas.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 13/03/20, 23:51

GuyGadebois wrote:

It was good because I saw the video, that the guy uses his cutlery and that he does not intend to destroy it that I made this ironic remark to you ... : roll:
Nonsense : roll: At 9:00 am he said: "it will melt over time, a month and a half to 2 months, biology will do the rest" it corresponds to the winter months.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 13/03/20, 23:56

izentrop wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:

Nonsense : roll: At 9:00 am he said: "it will melt over time, a month and a half to 2 months, biology will do the rest" it corresponds to the winter months.

That's what I say above: he uses his cutlery, he does not intend to destroy it. Nature takes care of it in its place with all the advantages it has, it is obvious.
To contradict to contradict while saying the same thing, frankly ... I don't understand. Are you moaning because he doesn't use glyphosate or what? : roll:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Did67

by Did67 » 14/03/20, 09:09

French is complicated: "destroy", what does that mean ????

a) By passing his "Avatar" (this is the name of the machine), he flattens it, breaks the rods. And it sows at the same time ... Is it "destroy"? In a way, yes ...

b) Following that, in the months that follow, this dominated cover will decompose thanks to the action of all the living organisms in the soil, which it nourishes ... Is that what "destroy"?

So the destruction in there, what is it? The passage of the craft? Decomposition under the sown plant (winter peas) ... We can talk endlessly.

And undoubtedly, in this kind of systems, there are some plants of the canopy which "break through" ... I had seen that at Wenz. We are not looking for 100%. We are not in the "it must be clean" ... It is first of all a different state of mind!
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 14/03/20, 12:38

Did67 wrote:French is complicated: "destroy", what does that mean ????

Destroy: Glyphosate.
Not destroy: Leave in place, lay down, cut and cover, cut and recover.
In the first case there is destruction by a chemical agent, in the other cases a use, a valorization of what nature has produced.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 15/03/20, 09:00

GuyGadebois wrote:In the first case there is destruction by a chemical agent, in the other cases a use, a valorization of what nature has produced.
Sophism as old as the world http://www.espritvagabond.fr/appelalanature
0 x