Compost / nettle manure / watering

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Lolounette
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Compost / nettle manure / watering

by Lolounette » 16/11/17, 14:27

Beyond agronomic considerations, if one day we really decide to recycle our organic waste, spreading it locally on cultivated soil is much more environmentally neutral than having to go through a composting platform and then redistribute the compost. .

much less CO2 emitted in transport, handling, fermentation, etc.
but suddenly also much less profit for the intermediaries?

in any case, it requires a total overhaul of the system: renewal of market gardening in urban and peri-urban areas, local consumption of vegetables, organization of green waste collection on a short circuit (with horses, why not it's nice! ) etc.
Nothing impossible in my opinion!
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/11/17, 19:45

Lolounette wrote:Beyond agronomic considerations, if one day we really decide to recycle our organic waste, spreading it locally on cultivated soil is much more environmentally neutral than having to go through a composting platform and then redistribute the compost. .

much less CO2 emitted in transport, handling, fermentation, etc.
but suddenly also much less profit for the intermediaries?

in any case, it requires a total overhaul of the system: renewal of market gardening in urban and peri-urban areas, local consumption of vegetables, organization of green waste collection on a short circuit (with horses, why not it's nice! ) etc.
Nothing impossible in my opinion!

We had already talked about it some time ago, one of the problems seemed to be a regulatory problem, the mad cow crisis, in particular, having been there. Spreading organic matter "from all sources" (therefore potentially containing risky materials) not composted or even previously pasteurized seemed a little impossible.
0 x
Lolounette
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Lolounette » 16/11/17, 20:36

We walk on the head anyway: the skin of the apple is considered healthy as long as it is on the apple but becomes a shady waste as soon as I peel it to the point of having to be pasteurized ... ralala! :?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/11/17, 21:17

Lolounette wrote:We walk on the head anyway: the skin of the apple is considered healthy as long as it is on the apple but becomes a shady waste as soon as I peel it to the point of having to be pasteurized ... ralala! :?

Not really, it is really the materials of animal origin which if I remember correctly pose a problem.
0 x
Lolounette
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Lolounette » 16/11/17, 21:31

In this case, it suffices to exclude them from the “green waste” bin ...
This type of waste should practically not exist anyway, at home we produce really very little: a chicken carcass completely cleaned from time to time and a few bones to the limit ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/11/17, 21:41

I guess it's legal since they do it in La Gorce (Ardèche).

Ditto for anaerobic digestion: the use of digestates is possible. Only animal waste from slaughterhouses and certain agro-food industries using meat are subject to "hygienization". I can't remember the exact "outlines". But the methanization of manure, energy crops, refusal of plant sorting (damaged fruits, vegetables), grape marc, all of this goes directly to it ...
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 18/11/17, 11:33

Did67 wrote:1) It exists: commune of La Gorce, in Ardèche.

http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/ ... 67201.html

This initiative is very interesting!
In addition, the idea of ​​collecting compostable urban waste with electric bicycles equipped with trailers is very original and in my opinion would bring additional "civic motivation" ...

But the problem remains that despite all the interest of this urban service, it is not economically profitable!
Its "economic model" (or "business model" to put it more seriously) does not correspond to the current "fashion" which wants everything to be profitable and generate juicy profits.

Ultimately only a local association could embark on the implementation of such a service (thanks to subsidies and assisted contracts, of course) and offer this waste to an amap or an organic farm.

To have tried the experience (*), the realization of such a project is an exhausting obstacle course.

(*) 2 years ago, at the request of an organic cooperative, I worked on a project consisting in recovering organic organic waste from organic supermarkets and restaurants: the waste, however sorted, is simply thrown away the bucket! After meetings, feasibility studies, contacts on all sides, nothing came about mainly because of the fact that it is necessary to devote a minimum of personnel, logistical materials to collect and transport the waste and deposit it on a place : nobody was ready to put a penny in this project.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 18/11/17, 12:16

Lolounette wrote:In this case, it suffices to exclude them from the “green waste” bin ...
This type of waste should practically not exist anyway, at home we produce really very little: a chicken carcass completely cleaned from time to time and a few bones to the limit ...
Or make 2 composts.
I use pellets for the cat's crate, cheap and effective. What is reduced to powder by humidity then goes to the compost of dry toilets.

Since the Green Revolution, agriculture has nourished plants, not the soil. As a result, agricultural soils deconstruct, erosion and loss of humus.
The urgency of the RC wants agriculture to store carbon in the soil.
Did67 wrote: anaerobic digestion: the use of digestates is possible
The problem is that the nitrogen is in mineral form, washable and the carbon has disappeared.
As this is all the energy necessary for the life of the soil, look for the error : Shock:
It is therefore contrary to phenoculture.

Hello green algae https://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne/po ... ne-5384997
0 x
Lolounette
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Lolounette » 18/11/17, 13:01

Grelinette wrote:This initiative is very interesting!
In addition, the idea of ​​collecting compostable urban waste with electric bicycles equipped with trailers is very original and in my opinion would bring additional "civic motivation" ...

But the problem remains that despite all the interest of this urban service, it is not economically profitable!

It will become profitable as soon as we pay the right price for the treatment of our waste: this is it I spent this year billing in part according to the number of garbage collection per year. 22% of my household waste tax (TOM) will now be calculated on the basis of € 3 23 for the lifting of a green bin of 120 l of non-recyclable waste and € 0,96 for the yellow bin of recyclable (boxes , plastic, etc.) ...

the calculation is quickly done: to avoid exploding the amount of the TOM I need to take out my green bin at the max once a month and the same yellow bin. Basically if we do not compost green waste it is very complicated for a home of 4 (not to mention the odors that emanate in summer from a 120 l bin containing compostable waste that is emptied once a month) .

I imagine that little by little 100% of the TOM will be invoiced at the lifting and we will arrive at prices of 15 € for the lifting of a green bin and 4 € 50 for the yellow bin: It might make you think. .

the day it will cost an arm to put organic waste in the trash people will organize themselves to find less expensive treatment solutions, I have no doubt the top! it will then become profitable for all of us to entrust our organic waste to the horse-drawn carriage or the electric bicycle if we have no vegetable garden : Wink:
0 x
Lolounette
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Lolounette » 18/11/17, 13:17

izentrop wrote:Or make 2 composts.
I use pellets for the cat's crate, cheap and effective. What is reduced to powder by humidity then goes to the compost of dry toilets.

I'm stupid: I'm already making a "dry toilet" compost for dog poop (I use hemp flakes), I hadn't even thought of putting meat and other waste in it, pffff : Oops:

basically it will no longer stay in my non-recyclable trash than non-recyclable soft plastics, very good for my TOM! : Wink:
0 x