Biodynamic farming techniques

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 21/02/06, 10:35

About belgium, you can get closer to the Nature and Progress association: http://www.natpro.be
0 x
gil67

by gil67 » 21/02/06, 10:45

Christine wrote:About belgium, you can get closer to the Nature and Progress association: http://www.natpro.be

If I understand correctly, is it because of you that Christophe left Alsace? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 21/02/06, 12:24

I find you very indiscreet .... especially that it's not even true.
0 x
toftof
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by toftof » 22/02/06, 07:34

Yesterday evening, the hatchery for which I work in hatching eggs passed at 20:2 daily on AXNUMX. We are destroying our hatching eggs because of the lower consumption of chickens.
Thank you to the media who will be happy to come back to see us in a month to fill us up and make "sensas" to cry public opinion. They even maintain a fantasy that our farms will one day be touched.

Public opinion has understood nothing about this disease and its transmission. It has been more than 10 years since my breeding is protected because the salmonnelles are much more dangerous but nobody speaks about it. It has been 10 years since before entering my poultry, I shower and spare myself before entering the breeding. So I tell you apart from a few breeding of particular, we, professionals there is nothing to fear.

If in 1 or 2 months, we do not leave "full pot" the profession will no longer exist. And there, poultry farming will be imported from the eastern countries, and there we will have to ask real questions about their health in breeding!
0 x
toftof
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by toftof » 22/02/06, 07:48

For organic

Two words to say that the reconverssion file will sign that for the month of May if all goes well because, the state withdraws its credits for aid for econverssion. No more money in the boxes, Its going bad ...

For my part, I am still interested in it (if the state supports me.) Because for 3 years that requires conversion, you have to sell an organic yield (- 50%) at a conventional price, no business can survive without help.

I found a lot of liquid manure and other tricks and a forum on the organic garden with the sowing calendar and lots of tips usable in field crops.

http://www.dinosoria.com/lune_2006.htm
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/girard.guilleme/purin
http://www.bio-dynamie.org/
http://ja.web-agri.fr/moteur/559/559P38.html

Feel free to add what you find
0 x
gil67

by gil67 » 22/02/06, 08:58

Hello,
Christine> indeed, it's a bit indiscreet, but that's what thrills the crowds : Mrgreen:

Organic farming> Almost 20 years ago, some friends started organic farming, even well before. They had no subsidies, on the contrary, we didn't give a damn about them. They worked like crazy and had very modest incomes.
Today, they have a small farm but have very comfortable incomes. Their production, very diversified, is exported to the USA, to the country of the mcdo they use our organic products. It seems to me that the future lies in this type of exploitation, significant diversification with high added value.
But we cannot always expect public aid from it, let us not forget that agriculture is also a very competitive sector in world trade. Many poor countries fail to develop because of hyper-subsidized production.

Avian flu> with a little luck it will stop at the border, a bit like radioactivity.
0 x
vtajmb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

return to a "household economy"

by vtajmb » 01/03/06, 09:01

Hello ; I am 59 years old, and I have been a viticulture consultant for 10 years.

For two years, I have gotten closer to Georges TOUTAIN, agro-ecological engineer, who, after having spent most of his life in oasis cultures, has created a traditional pre-orchard in his native Picardy. For 20 years, its apple trees have been producing healthy fruit without the aid of synthetic fertilizers or the slightest pesticide. To situate the performance, in Picardy, in 2005, the chemical arborists made 25 treatments on average. Certainly, the fruits are less shiny than those presented on the displays of Carrefour or Leclerc, but twenty gods, what they are good ... and they keep!

This dear man taught me how to reconcile ethical imperatives (my clients produce AOC wines with decrees, some parts of which are true agronomic nonsense), agronomic, economic, ecological and sociological.

Results, herbicides are eliminated, fertilizers (even organic!) Also, replaced by the recycling of prunings, leaves of natural grass, partially destroyed by pseudo plowing at certain times. Botrytis has disappeared, mildew and powdery mildew are limited.
The harvest is sufficient, healthier, more ripe (chaptalization is practically useless). The erosion of the coastal soils has disappeared.
Manual work has been redesigned to improve the microclimate in the vegetation, and also reduce work times and arduousness.
The huge straddle tractors (often more than 5t and more than 120 hp) are gradually giving way to micro-viticulture, generating less soil compaction as well as reduced purchase and maintenance costs.
By alternating pseudo-plowing (leaving a "base of natural flora!) And natural grassing, the root system of the grass cracks the soil, which becomes more permeable. Biodiversity improves from year to year. My clients replant the hedges that their parents (boo, the villains!) Tore off thirty years ago to facilitate the introduction of large tractors.

Result, after a lot of time to think, a move to action that has squeezed for two or three years spending on inputs and work time, today, my customers spend less, their employees toil less, and their wine is selling well, while a good part of viticulture is in the doldrums ... Let us add that they are starting to be (often badly!) copied, and the circle is complete ...

Jean Marie BALLAND
0 x
JMB
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 11/03/06, 08:38

To discover bio-dynamism: here is a very nice site with two approaches to gardening: France-Belgium or Canada-Quebec.

It explains very well the different moon phases.
(increasing, decreasing, rising and falling, plant families)

http://lesbeauxjardins.com/jardinons/lune/lune.htm

there is always access to the current month: to know what to do and what days.
good gardening

manu
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
vtajmb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

there are two ways to design clean agriculture ...

by vtajmb » 25/04/06, 09:37

The amateur can follow the lunar calendar with small onions in his garden, enter it only when the plant tolerates it, pick up his beetle larvae barely appeared ...

The professional will have to fight to do the best possible by reconciling holidays and non-working days, 35 hours, RTT, weather ... He must play infinitely smarter to get help from the auxiliaries, improve the climate of his plot, the microphone climate inside the plant ... So, the lunar calendar and other Goethian or Steinerian constraints, even the purest biodynamists accept compromises, contradictions, for reasons of feasibility and economy!

But do not have blinders: the amateur (in amateur, there is love!) Can very well inspire the professional and high school of Versailles!
0 x
JMB
Knut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Knut » 02/06/06, 02:50

Moon clandrier, now sold at Gamm vert, and we have everything!

23 years that we garden following the moon, without the slightest fertilizer, with its nettle manure.

Recycling of garbage, silots, earthworms ... compost.

For the private individual, it is 10 times less garbage, and virtually no pollution in the garden.

Certainly, we pick the doriphores by hand ... not yet found a trick.

Marriage of the plants especially. the ancients had lots of great tricks.

Some plants are to be sown near others, they help each other;

My wife puts beans to attract aphids for example. they all go over it, and leave other more fragile plants, intact.

You will find the rules for cutting wood, depending on the use required, hair too ... everything!

Lunar calendar broadcast.

Some local farmers are visibly inspired by it.

Yields lower than the ha, but the economy of treatment is such that they are found there.
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"